1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds roms closed YAY! We can all go to romulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by omega33, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KGTrigger

KGTrigger New Member

You know what would be even BETTER? We stop dwelling on all of these past events that seem to stress us all out!

2. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Yes, that's well and all, but you know the saying; "The people want to know"[At least, we assume so XD]

EDIT:
    Also, the owner of aussieplay/nds-roms was one of those 'show up when I feel like it' types, as a whole year and never
    saw/spoke/yelled hide nor hair of him once.

When he decided it was a "good" idea to put rombomb on the same servers as nds-roms, thats when the whole
    verification system went screwy, enraging the noobs that began demanding it to be fixed. T'was the Beginning
    of the End, essentially.

They were tolerable, even after the system was fixed they would continue to say that "nipper fix me" wasn't working.
    Which proves my next point, noobs cannot read, use google, or try. It's sad, really, that they refuse to read that little
    news post saying "Downloads working again".

Also; Hey Angel- and tehuber1337 :p

EDIT2: I need to tone down the 'also' crap ;>_>

3. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

I used NDS-Roms.com and Rombomb but I must say it got really annoying whenever you'd go to download a game and the site was down, and that happened A LOT but I suppose we could all see it coming. Romulation has saved the day ;D

4. ross__liverpool

ross__liverpool New Member

i will miss rombomb because it was my main source of roms untill i came accross romulation.net.

5. Django-

Django- New Member

"Yes, that's well and all, but you know the saying; "The people want to know"[At least, we assume so XD]"

Well I'm pretty sure you're all assuming wrong. Why bring our "drama" or whatever you want to call it into their community? it doesn't do anything to help any of them. All it might do is boost the egos of certain users who think they did something good in each situation... but it really it just spreads our own negativity.

I think it's best to just leave everything that happened before behind us. Bringing it up and telling these stories will only bring back your own bad memories and negative feelings towards people, and that's not very good, now is it?

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Ever heard of learning from others' mistakes?

7. Angel-

Angel- Active Member

Believe it or not, it is cathartic for me when I think about the events that transpired in which I participated in. I view them as a story and, while they might not particularly be interesting to most, I think they should be recorded somewhere in case anyone wanted to see what happened whether they are looking for something specific to reference or are merely interested in the qualms of a simple internet community.

The point: Remember past events doesn't stress out all of us ;P

8. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Now RomU IRC channel is closed. It's for the best of the site I think. It's kinda sad that it was only there for about 3 hours and it's gone :-\ oh well.

9. tehuber1337

Well, I guess our mistakes weren't learnt from...

But, given that the channel is still actually open (albeit in +m, so only users with +v or higher can talk), Seph seems to have (at least partially) changed his mind regarding the channel's fate.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually its a universal ban. no-one can talk and no-one can join.

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Universal? All IRC channels?

12. Loonylion

no, everyone on the channel.

13. tehuber1337

It was a universal ban for a little while, yes, but now it's just +m. See for yourself...We were wondering where you were.

14. Loonylion

I've been avoiding IRC since I find it a huge distraction and unfortunately I have a deadline coming up. (Won't be a problem to meet, but its best not to risk it).

15. andy0907

andy0907 New Member

This sticks when i wanted to download pokemon explorers of sky it would not work on romulation

16. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Don't necropost just to hijack the thread.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.