1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds roms closed YAY! We can all go to romulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by omega33, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Rombomb was actually decent :O

the others are no real loss

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

No they aren't worth anything when we have Romu
    I wonder what will happen if Romu gets shutdown...

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

it once got shut down, but we're too almighty to be closed down like that.

we want a funeral if we ever go down. :p

4. Krysta

Krysta Member

nds-roms JUST got shut down? lol dang I thought they got shutdown years ago. I discovered about 2 years ago or so that I hated nds-roms and came to romulation and never looked back. I honestly thought they were already long gone. Hope they stay gone, they won't be missed.

Now, when romulation was down for awhile year or two back THAT was a reason for great concern. I for one paniced. But, they returned, thank god, and it's been good. Let's hope it remains as such for years to come.

5. ryu776

ryu776 Active Member

Well. I'm actually both sad and both happy that nds-roms has closed down. I'm sad because nds-roms was what actually got me into the Nintendo DS and i'll miss some of the community. On the other hand. I'm happy because all the loonatics and downright rude people on nds-roms have gone. Adios Nds-Roms.

~YGangzta [ryu776]

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Okay, time to clear things up.

RomUlation was never shut down, we once had a host who told us they did not want to host us because of a DMCA letter sent to them regarding a few files. We overreacted quite a bit to it and shut the site down ourselves after that, we were down for roughly a month after that and then we got back up. But yes, we were down indeed, and that sucked.

As for NDS-ROMs, they haven't been shut down either, they choose to stop the site - most likely because of hosting issues and ungrateful idiots visiting the site.

And those same idiots probably aren't gone, they're just going other places now, like here, but no worries, we'll ban swiftly if they act up. :)

7. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Seph has spoken, this thread shall not be closed :p

8. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

a swift kick in the arse should straighten up them nds-roms users if they come here

9. koniferus

koniferus Well-Known Member

One thing I really love about this site is the maturity level. Glad to hear it'll be kept to the current standard.

10. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

kinda miss the site but I don't trust the downloads. it seems like it's all corrupted.
    the IRC is still alive for some reason.

EDIT: they said they'll be back again anytime soon

11. meeuw

meeuw Active Member

it is good for romulation, because they get more clients, and it is obvious that romulation is the best rom site. I used nds-roms before romulation, but romulations interface ( at least i think its called that :) ) is very friendly and i only get 2 ads and nds-roms was like 5 ads or something and the downloading here is faster because im europian and i think nds-roms is american??? because the site was very slow and i have a good internet-connection.

romulation is just the best! :D

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

We do have several immature people here as well :p

13. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Oh o.k. I get it now, Thanks Seph. :D

14. aaaaaaa7

aaaaaaa7 Well-Known Member

Like who?,name one user! >:U

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i could name myself, although i've been trying to work on it.

although this is off topic.

on topic: so, they really are coming back?

16. Shromz

Shromz Member

I was using nds-roms for my roms untill I heard of this site
    and this is a lot better
    and that site sucked

good riddance Nds Roms

17. w23eer

w23eer New Member

I was using that site until the day it went down.
    I only downloaded games though, and never went near the forums. I never knew there was such bitter rivalry between these sites. I never encountered problems with the games I downloaded either, so I thought it was quite a good site.

Actually I thought it was the ONLY site until today =x

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There is no bitter rivalry, these comments are submitted by USERS, if you'd read the posts I (the admin) have made here you'd see I'm not happy to see them gone.

19. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

NDS-ROMS was good for a little while, but then their servers got all slow and then they changed the site design and had all kinds of popups which was really annoying.

I've been using romulation for a couple months now and I have come to prefer this site for nds roms, romulation always has the newest roms dumped first, I think other sites get a lot of their roms from here and just upload to their servers.

I won't say good riddance to nds-roms, but if they do come back they need a lot of things to be changed.

20. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

It used to be a good site I suppose. I went there when Romulation was down. I don't like the user interface & the ads though. Good thing Romulation never had notable problems since then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.