1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS ROMS ARE BACK!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by necr0, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Or it was loony's hidden collection.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I dont have a hidden virus collection.

3. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Not a virus collection, of you know what I mean.
    *wink wink*

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think so.
    But Seph kind of rushed the NDS collection so maybe (and I mean maybe) a virus might've got caught up with the archiving or something...

5. Loonylion

extremely unlikely.

6. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Don't you guys scan it first?

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

How do you figure I rushed it? It was down for 2.5 years. I did not just overnight think "Hmm, I kinda want to get it back up."

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

1. Screenshots were unavailable
    2. It was 'rar' instead of 'WinRAR Archive'

9. onivan69

onivan69 Member

Screenshots or rar instead of WinRAR doesn't make a big difference. What does it is the 2385 ROMs left to update the collection :p Keep up the good work RomUlation! I know patience is a virtue, and this really helped me organizing old ROMs with incorrect CRCs and incorrect APs. Now I am really considering to become a Premium Member.

Cheers!

10. mini_biscuit

mini_biscuit Member

Yeh, i did. It was a hidden one though, it wasnt called stargate like i thought but PUM or something like that, a mad crazy virus that hides itself. a scan i did on the games i downloaded didnt show anything as it wouldnt would it, as the virus is hidden!. it is unfindable!. installed windows 7, and wiped pc, so should be okey now (hopefully). Nah my brother doesnt have a hidden collection...or maybe he does, but thats hidden too :p :)

11. Loonylion

its virtually impossible for our games to contain a virus that is not recognised by decent antivirus software.

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Maybe not big, but it tells me that he rushed it.

And 2385 for what? The NDS collection only needs around 400 more (not including XXXX roms)

13. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

You clearly don't have a clue what you're on about.

14. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Oh my god.
    Please tell me that you're not being serious.

15. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

and i was wondering why all the nds room are back.. thank you so much for bringing it back,,,

16. onivan69

onivan69 Member

I don't want to be rude or impatient but... Uh... Where will the NDS ROM list be updated?

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Hopefully.
    Seph is probably just busy or cannot be stuffed.
    I'm choosing option 1.

18. Seph

Wasn't really rushing it. NDS ROMs numbering was different from before which meant I had to keep the old records alive so I could do URL redirects from old names to new names. Thus the system for displaying NDS ROMs was actually completely new, listing, info, comments, screenshots, downloading logic was all new and I removed some a lot of it because otherwise it would have taken a month.

Rushing it? Maybe, I call it being realistic about what people want. Namely NDS ROMs. There's a concept called minimum viable product which basically means you make a product that does what people need and then you expand on it after that. This prevents people spending several months on something only to have it flop hard.

19. Seph

When I have the time to add them, which will be on and off, they'll be added but rather slowly.

20. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I was mistaken. A few things were different from last time so I was thinking it was maybe rushed.
    I hope the roms come up soon. Anything we can do to help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.