1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Pokemon Black/White 2 Translation Project

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jun 22, 2012.

1. AfiKino

AfiKino New Member

Re: [NDS] Pokemon Black/White 2 Pokestation Translation Project

Gotta say good work on the English translations so far guys, I appreciate them prioritizing important aspects first.

It's just I always seem to be past the farthest point of translation lol.
    Oh well, I'll just figure it out till you guys are done xD

2. SNK575

SNK575 Member

i downloaded the prepatched v1.4 black 2 and tried using it on my r4 wood v1.49 but all im getting is a white screen... can someone help?

3. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

turn cheats and reset off.

4. The Coon

The Coon New Member

Working perfectly on acekard 2i ! Thanks!

5. alex0444

alex0444 Member

Could someone please tell me in detail...

I downloaded the latest english patch (1.4) now , i have a clean rom which i downloaded from romulation.net i applied the patch to that rom...now how should i continue back my saved game , someone said to rename the save file as the rom.. but how to rename it..like if the name of file is ***.nds then should i change the save file in desmume emulator slot to ***nds or ***.dvs what? and In the patch what should i type in output file..

6. zubasa

zubasa Guest

Doesn't know if it's been posted, but there are some grave errors. For Roxie's badge, it says "Trio Badge" and for the first gym it says Iris and her description from the original White.

The item names doesn't show when in battle and when capturing a Pokemon, the last word is squeezed in with the Pokemons name, probably because there was no space left after conversion for that particular line of code.

This pertain's for the White 2 rom. Using the one in this thread.

It's also worth noting that the patch version is 1.3 NOT 1.4. Also, they say that 1.3 fixes teh AP so just a FYI for those planning on to re-upload.

7. pob11

pob11 New Member

game works fine on my TTDS enjoying it a lot cheers for the patch ;D

8. sasunaru1234

sasunaru1234 Active Member

Someone patched in Spanish/german into the English translated pack I found two people speaking Spanish then switch back to Japanese. And I preatty sure it was patched because at one point it said dame it which I know isn't in the game since the game supposed to be ment for kids.

9. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Heres links for the 1.2 German translation

Black 2 - http://BillionUploads.com/19al0hrrox9l
    White 2 - http://BillionUploads.com/wd79xwlbegh2

10. Chaz03

Chaz03 Well-Known Member

I did a tutorial for anyone interested: http://youtu.be/1IgjTwQX-jo

11. gamer4527

gamer4527 Active Member

Is the percentage on the character dialogue even correct? I went back to the first town and talked to several NPCs and all their dialogues were still in Japanese. I know the small bit with Professor Juniper in the beginning is in English, but nothing else is for me.

12. Dash Endar

Dash Endar Member

My start menu is still repeating on Desmume, and I followed all the instructions with the 1.4 translation. Any idea what I need to do?

13. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

thanks for that. added to OP

14. Vexmeow

Vexmeow Member

When i use the new V1.4 ROM with my older saves my ROM crashes when i talk to a trainer find a wild Pokemon or exit out of a door

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Everybody is just kind of translating whatever they want to. It's kind of a mess. One person helping has let on to just how big of a mess it is. Expect the translation to slow down for a few days while the group sorts themselves out a bit. They're rushing too much, and each patch seems to be buggier than the last.

16. finkrocks44

finkrocks44 Active Member

After my first two pokemon, it suddenly changed all pokemon to japanese, any help?
    Post Merge: [time]1340684487[/time]
    After my first two pokemon, it suddenly changed all pokemon to japanese, any help?

17. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Facepalm, that is what you dont want on a translation, i was planning on helping with the spanish translation once this patch was done, at least the people could have been asigned files

18. gamer4527

gamer4527 Active Member

Are you still in hirigana? Go to options and change the second to last option to the left one (everything on that option page should be in English when you're in hirigana)

19. finkrocks44

finkrocks44 Active Member

Wow, lol, I originally had it in english, I'm not sure how it changed all of the sudden, but you were right. Thanks mate!

20. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it only gets worse. There are inconsistencies all over the place when it comes to names (one place will use the Gym leader's English name, another their translated Japanese name, then another will use their English name again), and they're just checking submissions via email for a lot of the work (which is probably why it's been going so fast and why there is so much that is inconsistent). This is a piss poor translation so far as far as anything outside of the basics goes.