1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Pokemon Black/White 2 (JPN) AP Topic and Discussion

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jun 22, 2012.

1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Just make sure the save file is the same name as the ROM (eg. 'b-pkmnbk2.nds' and 'b-pkmnbk2.sav'), and it should work fine.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

name youre sav file to the same as the rom

3. Naruto456910

Naruto456910 Well-Known Member

Alright thanks bud, I may just buy a regular R4 and start from that.

4. aqua484

aqua484 Member

I just told you when I play it and press start and new game it sends me back to start screen..

5. hondini

hondini Active Member

i tried to do it on my card, and now my whole card broke.

it's an r4i sdhc version 2.0 update v 1.4it's a black card, with red sticker and golden letters.

accidently updated my dsi too...
    can't update my firmware, nor that any firmware works on the card.
    i tried on my ds lite, it blocks (white screen)
    even with the update of the 3ds and on a old ds.

can someone help? i badly want to play this game.

6. Arshes91

Arshes91 Well-Known Member

Any news about 3d Edge Marking Code for pokemon Black 2 and White 2?

7. Sinogard

Sinogard New Member

So I've been trying this for about 2 days now with each new patch that's been coming out, but I cannot get this to work no matter what I try. I'm using an Acekard 2i, its updated with the latest firmware for DSi v1.4.4, and I'm using AKAIO 1.8.9z. I've tried the Pre-patched Rom in all forms (Just AP patch and AP+Translations), I've tried basically every single version anyone has posted, I've tried patching a clean version of the game myself with just the AP patch, literally I've tried everything. I've even gone as far as reformatting my SD card and putting a fresh version of AKAIO and its loaders on it 3 times now (3rd time is a charm right?) I get nothing, every time I try to load up the game I get stuck on the yellow loading screen and it will not go passed it. I've literally exhausted all options I've been able to find at this point. I've also tried messing around with the soft reset/cheat option/bypass anti piracy settings in the ROM settings menu in pretty much every configuration possible, none of those worked either. I've hit that proverbial brick wall.

Can anyone at all help me out with this issue? I'd greatly appreciate it. I've never once had this happen to me. Any new game that comes out I usually just check for firmware updates and update akaio and get the game+whatever patches are out and the games always start right up (I had no issue what so ever when B/W first came out, I was playing the Japanese version with the English translation patch as soon as I found out about it.)

Runs perfectly fine on DeSmuME (For anyone still wondering) but I don't really care about playing the actual game itself until the US version is released (or the actual story line translation gets finished), I just want to get some wifi matches in with some people through my DS.

8. ssjsongohan

ssjsongohan Active Member

Try the patched rom only with your firmware version. Don´t run akaio.

9. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

What kind of SD card do you use? It works perfectly now on my card, I remember with my old Klingston I always had freezes when others didn't with games. Your SD card might not be able to handle this game, so you may need a better one

10. Sinogard

Sinogard New Member

Just tried that, got passed the loading screen this time, but gets stuck on the white screen that follows (No text on the screen or anything just white on both screens). To see if this happened with other games I went back through my library. Everything up to Pokemon HG/SS work fine B/W/Conquest and B/W 2 all give me white screens.

It's an ADATA 16GB microSDHC Class 6 card. Never once had a single issue with it in any of the 100+ games I've played on it.

EDIT: Ok so I just switched back to AKAIO (so I could still play Black if I wanted to) and all the other games work again, but now B/W2 arent getting stuck at the yellow loading screen, they get passed that and give me a red FAT Error (Tested out 10 other games that were all in the 262mb range they all work fine). -_- I'm guessing that has something to do with the size of the games? since they are 524mbs now. So quick question, but I think this is a no anyway, but can the SD cards be formatted into NTFS? Or do they have to be FAT32. It was my understanding that they were supposed to be FAT32 when formatted. I read somewhere after a google search for the problem (might've even been somewhere on this site I wasn't paying attention) and someone suggested changing the cluster size. Any one know if that will solve the issue? Kind of annoying to reformat a 16gb card over and over and having to put back 10gbs worth of games back on. (Been testing BW2 by themselves before putting the rest of the games back on, I just put them back on in the mean time so I can play other stuff till I get this figured out)

Ok so consider all this invalid I finally got it to work, did one more reformat (4th times the charm I guess) with a different formatting tool (this might have helped!), put in -only- Pokemon black 2 with translation patch 1.4 BOOM booted right first try (this time around >.<) Anyway thank you all who at least tried to help! Now to start adding the rest of my games back and hope this one continues working with the rest of them :p

11. feuded

feuded New Member

is there another link anyone has this one doesn't work....

12. gohyixian

gohyixian New Member

Every time i go into building my no$zoomer will crash. Anyone know how to fix?

13. nintondo

nintondo New Member

I keep getting a problem when i try to load this game on my R4i. I load the rom and it give me a "Load errcode= 5".

Any ideas on how to fix this?

14. I'm still trying to continue my v1.1 Rom prepatched save into a v1.4 rom prepatched.
    I'm using DeSmuME
    I've tried renaming my v1.4 rom to black.nds and then my old save black.dst
    I'm about to load the save state and the game works until I try to use the menu or talk to anyone or go through any doors. Then if freezes. I'd really like to learn how to continue my save with the new and future patches so if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong thank you

15. Arshes91

Arshes91 Well-Known Member

Looks like im only one im enjoy to play the game on No$gba trought No$Zoomer with that cheat code

16. zachattack101

zachattack101 New Member

Does anyone have the software or know where I can find it so that I can use to patch up my game?

17. OLK

OLK Well-Known Member

Don't use a save state from an old version on a newer patch. You have to reload from your last save file, not state

18. Sky_Vertex

Sky_Vertex New Member

For those of you with R4 clones and whatnot, use Wood R4 as a secondary launcher in addition to your default firmware. Rename the sav file in Wood R4 from .sav to .nds.sav - that fixed the problem for me. It still freezes for me when I go to pokemon summary, but that's probably because it's been a while since I've patched it.

19. Trevtrevkid2

Trevtrevkid2 Member

I use a r4 clone, however. I'm using Akaio 1.8.6 and it works fine on this game. Also anyone know where I can get the latest Usercheat that has Pokemon black 2 codes in it ???

20. Don't use a save state from an old version on a newer patch. You have to reload from your last save file, not state
    [/quote]
    Got it working. Thanks much for the help