1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Pokemon Black/White 2 (JPN) AP Topic and Discussion

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Kyurem

Kyurem Active Member

Yeah it getting past the player selection screen

2. Dicastia

Dicastia Well-Known Member

For those who still get freeze on Wood Firmware..

please use Dicastia-Patcher (the newest one).. redownload again in dicastia.

You have to use the Eng V1.1 to make it works.
    Just drag your English Patched ROM to Dicastia-Patch.exe
    and grab the .nds file..
    put it to your SDCard.
    You wont get Freeze anymore.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    Apparently though the English translation patch includes an AP fix.
    So I don't think you AP patch is needed.

4. Kyurem

Kyurem Active Member

Fails to load rom. At least the one I previously posted about loaded in the first place.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Use my mirror on the official Pocket Monsters: Black 2 thread.
    Works and is patched with the 1.1 English translation.

6. Kyurem

Kyurem Active Member

I'll try it. If it helps I'm on the R4i SDHC using that multi card update TTMenu thing.
    Post Merge: [time]1340511903[/time]
    It loads but it doesn't let me name my character, it just stops. I have no idea what the hell is wrong with it.

7. Dicastia

Dicastia Well-Known Member

but the their latest ENG PAtch.. i mean v1.1
    doesn't fix the Random FREEZE problem..

so you must patch it again with Dicastia-Patcher to have :
    EXP Patch
    English Partial Patch
    Anti Freeze Patch

It seems complicated to explain.. but.. For Wood Users.. they might have faced the FREEZE when opening the Pokemon Summary using the English Partial Translation ROM from Pokestation.

Actually the Code is the Anti Freeze + EXP Gain AP.
    I only change the CRCCode of CLEAN ROM to this English PAtched ROM

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Weird... never faced that.
    Try patching it with Dicastia's AP patch.

9. ssjsongohan

ssjsongohan Active Member

You need to know your card main site. There are, over, 20 r4-r4i cards on the market. And, each one, has is own firmware. Almost all the wood firmware needs you to have the original firmware (ysmenu only works if you have the original one).
    If you don´t know the original website, it can take a while to seach for the correct firmware for it... but you can go to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and check the firmwares until you find the correct one for your card.
    Then it´s the patched or no patched. If you get the v2 of pokemon black or white from this thread, you won´t need wood or ysmenu. You should run it from your card firmware. If the firmware is recent, it will run without a hitch.
    But if your card doesn´t have an recent firmware or you want to run the original rom, then you need to get wood or ysmenu. Both need to be upgraded so they can run the games. Ysmenu is already available but wood is still not working.

So, for everyone that is having troubles with the cards, you just need to know your card original website. Upgrade to the most recent available firmware from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ . If you use that, download V2 of the games that are on the topic. It should run without any problem.
    If you use Wood, disable the cheats and soft reset from the menu Start on the lower right corner before you start the game. Use the v2 too.

If you use the ysmenu, then you need to grab the 2 latest library files from filetrip and replace the ones you have on your card. With that you can use the original rom or the patched v2. (get the v2 since it has the attacks and itens in english)
    If the language is not working with you, go to the last right menu ingame (press X... it looks like a ds in green) and on the 2 to last select the left word (the bigger one).
    Then you will see the english attacks, trainers and itens. Menus are still in japanese.

10. Zethgryn

Zethgryn Member

I used that mirror and am trying to get it to work with nogba, does not load. Tried to patch with Dicastia also and did not work. Tried with desmume, loads but performing any actions other than walking causes freeze.

edit:actually i got it to load on desmume but nothing is translated, lol.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Use No$Zoomer with No$GBA.
    Are you using the latest version of DeSmuME?

I cannot really see what the problem might be. I used the game that I uploaded and it works fine.

12. Zethgryn

Zethgryn Member

all i get in No$Zoomer with No$GBA is the japanese text error. Are you using any codes?

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Nope.

14. The Silence

The Silence New Member

Could anyone reupload the pre-AP patched Japanese one for White 2? Mediafire link's invalid.

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Sure.
    In time though.

I'll try and do it soon.

16. The Silence

The Silence New Member

Thanks in advance!

17. Zethgryn

Zethgryn Member

@Aeither :

Would you mind uploading your no$gba folder? Maybe that would fix my problem >.<

18. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Alright if it comes with the 1.2 English translation?

I don't use No$GBA.
    I use DeSmuME. I will see if I can get a working version of it though. Hold on.

19. The Silence

The Silence New Member

Well, I would prefer it Japanese only since I've had issues with language patches in the past. :)

20. Zethgryn

Zethgryn Member

ah just forget about it then, i also use desmume, but when i load the rom nothing is translated, gonna do some tinkering...