1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS - GTA ChinaTown Wars - NDS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by 1Blacks1, Aug 6, 2008.

1. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Quake has already been proted to the DS and so has Quake 2.

and ye the GTA does look kinda fun but iv lost hope in my injoyment on playing it. i think that once i download it and play with if for a while il get bored and delete it from my Flashcard

2. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

LOL. That happens with all GTAs, it's just a matter of time.

3. Phisixuk

Phisixuk Member

The DS just gets better, and this will wash away some of the "kiddyness" that most people associate the DS with. The screenshots look quite nice with the top down view with 3D Cel-Shaded graphics. I look forward to it.

4. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I cant wait until this is released? what do you think the size will be? I think it'll be 64 or 128 MB ;)

5. n0thealthy

I agree...but remember size does not matter... ;D :p

6. DragonQuester

lol true, but I only have a 2GB microSD :p I need to get rid of one of my good games for another good game

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This GTA probably won't be too gruesome though. I'm assuming 128MB or higher.

8. n0thealthy

Higher? Is there any NDS games that go higher than 128MB?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it should be Mb, and yes, there are 256Mbit carts.

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Well, you can always trim them though.

11. n0thealthy

Actually I was talking about megabytes (MB) so it shouldn't be "Mb"

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cartridge sizes are measured in Mb.

13. n0thealthy

My mistake actually, didn't make myself clear: I was talking about roms when I said games.

Edit: Wait if a cartridge is 256Mbits, doesn't that mean it can only about 30MB of data? So, in effect, the largest cards are about 2 gigabits, storing about 256MB of data?

14. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Actually, you and Anandjones are right. the NDS can handle carts up to 2 gigabits, which translate into 256MB of data. And what loony should have said was, there are 2 gigabits carts which means 256 MB :) .
    Regardless, I hope this game lives up to the hype. If Rockstar can deliver here, it'll certainly be a mini-revolution in NDS gaming history :p .

15. anandjones

I was still talking about MB, like Final Fantasy IV being 128MB for example. Mbit for FFIV, would be 1024Mb. I do know this stuff ;)

16. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

yeah one problem the graphics?

17. anandjones

What about them? They look very decent.

18. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

guess im jsut use to the console graphics AJ XD nahhh but honestly i just wished the Ds had the same graphics as a PSP has

19. DragonQuester

yeah true, but i heard if you trim them, some of the data gets ruined or something, and then the game gets corrupted or something.. thats why i never trimmed any roms

20. anandjones

It just removes the redundant data that is added onto to the ROM image. But some flashcarts don't like trimmed ROMs.