1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS graphics question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usernameladiesman217, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WTF?

Keeping up with new games for the consoles is cheaper than 360 and ps3 gaming.

I buy more new games on my wii than ps3 (ps3 is mostly second hand except the games I have on pre-order).

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

360 games are 4 for £20 now, nintendo are more expensive.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Down here ds are cheaper, not by much depending on game ($69.95 beats 100), and I'm talking brand new games here.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

New 360 games are £30-£40 wii games are around the same, some slightly cheaper.
    DS games are about £25 but they are handheld and should be cheaper.

2nd hand games for 360 prices drop dramatically, If i wait a month I can pick up new releases for £12 or 2 for £20, thats why I hang on to my 360.
    Nintendo and ps3 seem to hold their prices longer.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Here the wii games are (brand new) $99-79.

DS are $69.95-49.95

360 varies from $120 (checked eb games) to $89

Wii is generally cheapest here.

I'm not worrying about second hand because at this stage wii games are similar priced to 360, but...I don't normally compare prices.

6. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Seriously? DS here is $34.99 on some, and $29.99 on most.
    Xbox 360/PS3 is $59.99.
    Wii is $49.99

At least where I live I think Nintendo games are cheap.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Those are the average prices for the US. Our buddy Hypnos here is in Australia if I remember correctly. Australia has outrageous prices for video games, and has outrageous censors. Be glad you don't live there.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Correct trithRR.

$69.95, convert that, that is average ds game cost.

Also I know the value of importing :)

9. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

10. doughboy

doughboy Guest

dude thtat sucks........for you guys i mean........ask a friend to ship it for you (i could but i don't really know you ;D)

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can't, apparently the mod was australia only (unless someone wants to prove), and because they wanted to monoplize it, they kept it to themselves...

If they spread it around the net, like car odometer resetting, this would of been left alive, instead, we have been denied...greedy bastards...

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It appears that the PS Jailbreak was leaked and there are a few knockoffs and an open source project. Maybe it will lead somewhere good. Maybe Sony will find a way to block it before it spreads far enough?

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Or do a console block like with the 360/psp's before it.

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

actually being sold somewhere else, my neighbor got one, his friend got it for him, don't know were hes from though...........
    from the looks of it, it is legit, since he showed it to me and played a backup of gow........
    i personally don't have one........
    guess Australia is very strict on modchips.............
    [​IMG]
    on topic: i believe everything that has to be said has already been said.........

15. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

16. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

As I have told countless Sony fanboys, Nintendo is a company that cares about the games that it makes and therefore sacrifices some of the hardware capabilities to focus on the gaming experience. For Sony it's pretty much the other way around. That's why Nintendo is proffered by hardcore gamers. Sorry for turning that into a fanboy rant but basically its about company priorities.
    Nintendo:Software
    Sony: Hardware
    Microsoft: Who knows?

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Wat

Your bias is showing.

18. trimbletown

I pride myself on being a hardcore gamer therefore I am biased to the developer with the best games.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, because you're loyal to Nintendo.

Being a hardcore gamer means to enjoy all games regardless of the console, it's to play all the great games on every system.

20. trimbletown

So I'm expected to buy every system ever made and play every game that someone regards as great? Nintendo is my first and foremost choice as it has produced more great games over the years. Now, on topic, if you please.