1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS graphics question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usernameladiesman217, Sep 2, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

So its down to game library then.
    You could have the best console ever built but if the other guy has games with huge fanbases - final fantasy, pokemon etc you don't stand a chance.
    I know psp had crisis core but they should have built on that. The DS nailed it with their FF releases.
    Come to think about it, the only psp game that does interest me is crisis core and I wouldn't buy one just for that.

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

wasnt gamecube the most powerful

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Everything except for storage (of discs, which could only hold about 1.3 gigs of data compared to ps2 and xbox's 4.7-8.4 GB DVDs, since they were mini discs, and of memory cards, which were half the size of their competitors)

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, Xbox was, GC was wedged in between the PS2 and Xbox.

5. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

yeah but noone really bought xbox unless it was for halo

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Doesn't change the fact that the XBOX was overall the most powerful, it pretty much had the nice things about the GC (almost as good grafix and fur-shading) and the PS2 (DVD5 and DVD9 storage, and more save storage) combined, overall making it the strongest...even if it did only sell in america.

Actually, one of the XBOX's best power demos is probably conker live and reloaded. The fur texture looks amazing for its time and it runs flawlessly.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Bullshit, I played a lot more than Halo on it.

8. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

yeah and i literally knew noone with an xbox

9. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

The only reason I even played Xbox was because my sisters boyfriend had one.
    He had Halo 1+2 and Gotham something racing.

Halo was cool.
    The other game was boring.

10. msg2009

Ever heard of knights of the old republic? 2 of the greatest RPG's ever?

11. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Fable was great IMO; I think that the original is far better than Fable 2 too. Tutu

12. doughboy

doughboy Guest

getting off topic people............guessing i started it but geez............ :D

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes. Back on topic now, or I shall unleash the fearsome modereider on you all. He wields the mighty banhammer.

14. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Off-topic: ban for off topic? pretty harsh.

On-topic: Nintendo never really focuses on graphics. Plus they keep all their consoles very cheap.

15. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

16. doughboy

doughboy Guest

im sure he was joking..........was he (shaking in a corner)
    this is part of it..........
    as i stated before in other posts its due to the feel of system.......
    Nintendo strives for cartoon characters.....therefore they are aimed at younger kids mostly.............

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This, and the fact is nintendo is trying to make people see the gameplay abilities and not the graphic power.

I'd rather play metroid prime hunters or ninja giaden ds than predator or coded arms on psp.

(Though psp does have some great games on it that were perfect like ridge racer and the mgs games :) )

18. msg2009

Is that a joke?
    I paid a fortune for both DS and wii.
    2nd hand in the game shop near me they are both the same price as a 360.

19. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

He meant cheap for Nintendo, I think, not for us :(

20. msg2009

Thats even worse, they are not just expensive, they are ripping us off too!
    Damn you nintendo, if it wasn't for my daughter and girlfriend you wouldn't get any of my money.
    I hope the next handheld can get some big name games and force nintendo to try harder.