1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. angelyukiri

angelyukiri Member

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP O.O I was seriously just thinking I had a bad rom or something ^^ XD but! Your advice worked so YAY!

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I totally forgot that there was an AKAIO 1.8.6 developed for that. :3

3. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

I use TTMenu for GS:DD. It seems to work fine for most games that don't boot normally like Lufia, but it also seems to hate Dragon Quest 9 cuz my saves keep getting corrupted even with the cracked rom. It sucks because I can't use the 100% steal rate code that TTMenu has built in :/

4. Antares87

Antares87 Member

Is TTMenu an emulator?

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

No. Its a secondary firmware for R4 flash cartridges and its clonings. If you're looking for good emulator try;
    1. No$GBA with add-on No$Zoomer
    2. DeSmuMe

6. nik_0_0

nik_0_0 New Member

Any way to get this going on an M3 Gba Slot CF? (I havent used this thing for 2-3 years, but it looks to have firmware 35 on it; which seems to be the latest).

I've tried different settings, but always double white screen; but OP says it works on all M3? Obviously I'm a little bit out of touch with the scene, am I supposed to put this newfangled Wood for M3 on my flashcart? Will that get me some more compatibility?

Thanks!

7. LuckyTrouble77

Compatibility near always refers to only Slot 1 carts on this site. Your Slot 2 M3 is so about three years out of the loop at this point, and that's just as far as I'm aware. Getting new games running on it is difficult, most of the time, impossible. A slot 1 PassMe (obviously needed to even attempt to load NDS games) just doesn't do the trick. You would be better off getting a new slot 1 cart.

If you want to get a new slot 1 cart, just say here, and I can point you towards the right ones.

8. qazi

qazi New Member

Any hope for an n-card clone? T__T

9. LuckyTrouble77

If the fix doesn't exist for your cart, you're out of luck.

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Yes, try the DS SCENE multi patcher

11. qazi

qazi New Member

do you mean the ds-scene rom tool? Well i got it, and it requires an AP patch file, where can i get this?

12. LuckyTrouble77

Make sure you downloaded it from filetrip, and update it first before trying to patch anything.

13. qazi

qazi New Member

i have the updated rom tool build 1205 with AP database version 1.5.1, is it because the rom isn't clean?

EDIT: ahh yes, i need a clean rom, now it shows up.. patching went fine.

EDIT2: noo, the game gets stuck on white screen on boot. This happened before with the previous release.
    Post Merge: [time]1314074258[/time]
    I've been trying every combination of roms on my cart but nothing seems to be working. I have a DSlinker these patches arent really working...

14. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

with the advent of a newer computer as my old ones files are in accessible right now im re downloading the games i still wanted to play but didnt get to yet,, one of them Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, came okay, right up until i get to the files,, and its splintered into a ton of files and won't allow itself to play,, I know i had it working on other comp before but that was so long ago i can't remember, anyone able to clarify what i did wrong again? LOL and sorry for bugging you of your time.

15. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Have you combine those files using WinRAR(or 7-zip)?

16. gamerace19

no my stupid winzip trial ran out lol

17. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Try 7zip, I think that works too

18. gamerace19

now its just showing a blue-green screen
    oh and to clarify this is on desmumex64

19. skeletor666

skeletor666 Member

Has someone been able to fix this issue with the SD card for those using Akaio 1.8.5? I've got Ap enabled, but still doesn't load. I have an 8gb micro sandisk.

20. LuckyTrouble77

Update AKAIO and get a clean ROM? Disable Anti-AP? The game should be long manually fixed by AKAIO 1.8.5.

By the by, there is a MicroSD solution in the first post for that specific issue. Honestly though, just get a new MicroSD card. You can pick up a 2GB for about $5 that will work wonderfully for all intents and purposes.