1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. SideLinePunk

SideLinePunk Active Member

Disregard. Posted in wrong topic.

2. OwenWilsonsNose

OwenWilsonsNose New Member

Well I just figured mine out. It worked for me and I'm running Windows Vista Premium 1.75gb RAM
    ati radeon x1600 series. [fucking old i know] but anyway...

go to Config>Emulation Settings... and under the "General" section of the emulation settings there is a box that says Enable advanced bus-level timing.. uncheck or dis select that. It worked for me. The sound is still fucked i'm trying to figure that out. but anyway Good luck. should work for you. :D

3. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

:( No one saw my post apparently.

4. angelyukiri

angelyukiri Member

so not sound as though i'm late cause wait o.o i am...darn...but uh is anyone still having issues with this? especially on clones? Maybe I should wait until the game gets a little older so i should download, I'm running akaio 1.8.1 kernel 1.18 r4 ultra I know it's a sucky one and I didn't even know I had that until a couple days ago.

5. Byokugen

Byokugen New Member

Any luck with the R4 Upgrade? :(

6. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Try searching RetroGameFan's Multi Cart Update in the forums. It made it work on my new R4i.

7. dynmarc

dynmarc New Member

guys, is this compatible to No$gba w/ no$zoomer?? this is the only ds i'm using... :-[ i really like golden sun...

8. Scent

Scent Active Member

Hello! Whenever I play Golden Sun Dark Dawn (U) a weird, and annoying noise plays and the game slows a bit! It happens after selecting a file. Is there anything wrong? Here are my specs:

Computer:

Windows Edition: Windows Vista Home Premium

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Pack Company

Model: a6400f

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 2.20GHz 2.20GHz

Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft

System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion

DeSmuME:

DeSmuME 0.9.6 installed on a Win Vista, 32-bit computer.

btw my comps a desktop

9. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

Did you try with no$gba? i think it's because of the size of the rom, try modifying the speed from no$gba it has this option, as for the annoying sound, it it's not fixed on no$gba just shut it off and (listen to some music :p )

10. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Unless someone made a patch or something for it recently, it isn't. It's sad but no$gba is getting obsolete because the developer stopped updating it a long time ago so it's not optimized to run some newer games. I had to use DeSmuMe to play it, but that program's a resource hog so it only ran at about 75% speed on my (admittedly somewhat obsolete) PC.

11. Antares87

Antares87 Member

Is there any emulator that will run these new games perfectly? Which are good picks?

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

No. Every emulator requires some fiddling with to get the games working, and no emulator has every game working 100%.

13. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

If you have a really powerful PC, try DeSmuMe. I haven't tried any others like iDeaS or NeonDS so I couldn't tell you how good they are. Emulator-zone.com has a list of DS emulators if you want to test them all.

14. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the only emulators worth getting are dsmume and no$gba and desmume has the most active team working on it

15. angelyukiri

angelyukiri Member

I hope this forum isn't completely dead however I can't seem to load my rom correctly? It starts up, I pick a name and then it goes blank. I might not have been searching hard enough for this problem but I hope someone will try to help me with this. :] Please and thank you.

16. LuckyTrouble77

Flash cart name
    Firmware name

Go.

17. angelyukiri

angelyukiri Member

R4 Ultra
    AKAIO 1.8.1
    Firmware 1.55
    o.o right?
    Post Merge: [time]1308293953[/time]
    I hope it isn't too late to say I already did the Anti-Piracy Bypass thing and so far ^^; no luck lol

18. LuckyTrouble77

Exactly.

My suggestion, since it should work fine, back up everything on your MicroSD card, and format it with the Panasonic SD Formatting tool. Download fresh firmware files, and place them on the MicroSD card. Then place back on your games, saves, homebrew, etc.

It should solve your problem.

19. angelyukiri

angelyukiri Member

Thank you ^^ I shall try this later!
    Post Merge: [time]1308299432[/time]
    I'm sad to report that this operation was a failure -rolls- v-v it went straight back to just black screening me. :] Thanks for the help though

20. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

just have akaio on your card. there is already a new version of akaio for r4 ultra. its akaio 1.86a, so download that. and not the original firmware
    http://www.r4ultra.com/download/AKAIO%201.8.6a.R4U.rar

on your card's root, you should only have the aio folder, akmenu4.nds and a games floder. inside the games folder go your games and save files.

to play, just start the game normally, dont mess with the ap bypass since it is already always on