1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. SushiKing

SushiKing Well-Known Member

It's very old,

R4

Revolution for DS
    (NDSL/NDS)

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Update to Wood R4 v1.20.

The game should work flawlessly.

3. SushiKing

SushiKing Well-Known Member

Hey, Ok Cheers matey! Iv been looking for ages to get the damn game working xD

Any tips how to update my firmware to 1.20? A link perhaps?
    Post Merge: [time]1293706200[/time]
    DW i found and downloaded 1.20. ! And it does work!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

4. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

As for the no$gba + Zoomer issue....Noise Suppression (Under Other) and having EX 0, 4, and 5 (3 is optional) makes the game atleast 95% playable.

The other 5% deals with messed up chat bubbles, but the words are still legible....and troubles with summons other than the basic elements: lots of blinking; the same trouble you get when you reach the title screen and go through the second opening dialogue.

However, everything else from the texture to gameplay is quite stable.

But most of this has already been mentioned. I just wanted to state that it is possible to play on the No$gba, though you may have to skip the animation scenes for summons Q_Q.....

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I have the patience to wait until I get my DS fixed to play this game. I don't want to have to spoil the experience, especially if it is as sub-par as I hear (from good reviews, not that terrible IGN review). I mean, if the game is sub-par, I'm inevitably going to lose the will to play if so much terrible blinking and texture problems persist. DeSmuME (or however it is spelled) is just too damn slow. If I wanted to play the game at 50% speed, well, I don't know, I would get a cart with slow motion.

I also just don't have the drive to complete most games on an emulator. Thus, I wait.

6. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

Well...I can understand where your coming from and if I had the funds, then I would rather purchase the game myself. The pro's far out-weigh any cons compared to emulators, however, I would just like to state that the blinking kind of disappears after a while.

I remember tweaking the settings on no$gba last night and when summoning a creature it blinked a lot...but now that I have those settings in place at the start of the game; the same blinks actually died down when I summoned the same beast again. The only blinking that occured were during certain moments of the animation, but about 90% of it was clear from beginning to end.

I would also like to note that I've passed the first cave/temple and the background of text bubbles have become normal again.

Not sure what else I'll encounter along the way but so far everything seems to be fitting in place.

7. kimpang01

kimpang01 New Member

I am using r4i.cn seems get a black screen and also i dont know how to use the wood software.. T.T

8. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Damn I remember when all the games used to work on EDGE but that ended at june 2010 when they reduced the "updates" that so far haven't made any games work..... Is there any way for it to work on EDGE 2.0????

9. igieboy900

igieboy900 Member

lets just set aside this AP thread for a while (at least for some hours)

its new year TIME!!! party party :))

10. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

With the power of pointing out the obvious, I will know the answer!
    Not yet.

11. Gregar7777

Gregar7777 Active Member

Well its official. Edge has a problem with the new. Look at Akaio! They already fixed it! But Edge can't! Now why is that....
    Post Merge: [time]1293869943[/time]
    I remember the days when if anything new came, I could download it at romulation.net. ARGH I REALLY HATE THE PPL WHO MADE ROMULATION SHUT DOWN. I go on *removed* but you have to wait for a while before downloading again.

12. cookieninja100

cookieninja100 Active Member

i tried this but i keep getting rom crashed. any help on this or is there another DS emulator for PC that i can use. dying to play this as im a die hard GS fan

13. Number8

Number8 Member

EZFlash V has an update, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn should work now :D

14. Dreamerx3

Dreamerx3 Active Member

i have a r4 original v1.18 and i do not think wood is compatible with my r4 because my r4 is chinese. any solutions?

15. vikitty

vikitty Member

Argh, the AKAIO update got pulled due to bricking. I wonder what happened. :/

16. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the problem was found already, hopefully they will rerelease it soon

17. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

finally, with akaio 1.8.2 i get golden sun working, or at least it got past the black screen.

i tested this with the same sd card in which i had problems with 1.8.1

18. iluvfupaburgers

your using the first version of akaio 1.8.2? there are many bugs that can even brick your card

19. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

i am aware of the warnings, but i have my r4idsn so it's not going to be a big crisis if it were to brick

20. iluvfupaburgers