1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ez Flash Vi don't need the special mode anymore :D

2. paperboat

paperboat Well-Known Member

Seeing as Edge is normally always one of the last to get a patch for AP, what card would you recommend that gets past AP pretty quickly and easily. And also one that uses Micro SD cards. -Not too well informed about all of this so would like some help please :)
    Orr is Edge pretty sound and I should stick with it?

3. Dark8

Dark8 Member

EDGE is only as sound as Cyclo itself; that is, it's not too sound at all given current track records with compatibility and even bothering with its customers on a regular basis. As I mentioned a few posts up, Acekard tends to be really good about AP and in fact has a AP bypass in its most recent version. Then there's the Supercard DSTWO (or SCDS2 as many call it), which seems to hardly ever need patching due to what it boasts. Both require micro SD cards regardless, so you're good on that area. Also both have the advantage of working on the DSi, if you're so inclined.

I could go on with their features in detail, but this doesn't really seem like the place to do so. Google the two products if you want to find their sites and get info there, or you can probably find reviews for both of them over on GBATemp. As for the potential question of keeping your EDGE, it'll at least serve as a backup flashcard.

4. paperboat

paperboat Well-Known Member

Thank you :) I'll get to it. Will probably be able to play GS faster this way by ordering a SCDS2 than waiting around for an Edge patch =.=

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

lol, is that meant for me??? i do skim alot. but do understand. just sometimes that i dont read some words :p

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ez Flash Vi + 3.0OB4 + clean rom = no problem :D

7. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

lol i don't skim when except to look for things im looking for but when i find them i read them.. i know he had rains quote but the way he said don't reply to this (or the way it was typed whichever you prefer) as well as the complaints about this being so full of nothing but cyclos and edge whiners alots of pages of them... made me think he was telling everyone to stop posting in here since it was edge and cyclo complainers anyways that kept posting.

8. Rainntears

Rainntears Member

I reply because, I get confused, why some people got angry just because, people asking about patch..even though they didn't complain. JUST asking. I read that they made progress through other firmware, and actually I'm glad they did that , It's just that they got too sensitive. That's why I feels I need to reply.(if you didn't miss it)

Actually,at first, I feel lucky that there are people who's willing to spare their time, to patch this ROM ( or any other ROM).

and I won't argue about it anymore.. yeah I'm EDGE user.There are only EDGE and R4 available in my region.

9. Pi.Face.can.flick

Pi.Face.can.flick Active Member

Why don't you people help the EDGE users to have fun!

10. avaloch

avaloch Member

Rainntears, the idea is that if you actually went through the trouble of backreading a few pages in the thread, you'd know if there was a patch for your card. The sheer fact that idiots keep coming in and asking without even reading goes to show how little effort you put into finding out.

11. shackol101

shackol101 Active Member

For me as an EDGE user has just accepted the truth that I can't play this game this year and have to wait several months for the EDGE team to do their job*~*

12. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

There are worst things, waiting isn't so bad, I knew I had to wait after 2 weeks of the game's release and still no Edge.

13. iluvfupaburgers

why dont one of edge users try sending a mail? i believe at gbatemp, that was done for cyclo and they released. its worth a shot

14. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

At gbatemp, they mentioned a few things in a big post since they noticed that the Cyclo makers were paying attention when they mentioned a few things that were specifically on gbatemp in an announcement.

EDGE is a different story though, so that approach probably won't work. Just give them some time to steal the Cyclo update and all will be right in the world.

15. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I did that.

16. Bowser-jr

Bowser-jr Well-Known Member

keep pestering the EDGE team; if enough users keep bothering them, they have to do something eventually.

17. I've sent em 3 mails over last week now, no joy :(

I expect we'll need to wait until Xmas holiday is over, meanwhile i'll carry on playing the DQ VI Translation :)

18. shackol101

shackol101 Active Member

I've sent an e-mail last year to the EDGE team cause they're taking so long in fixing Bowser Inside Story and they reply me in less than a week but now it's been a month when I send an e-mail to them and still no response.

19. dezmomo

dezmomo Well-Known Member

Does anybody have the patch for R4 Ultra?

20. iluvfupaburgers

use akaio 1.8.1 for r4 ultra: http://www.r4ultra.com/download/AKAIO_1.8.1.R4U.rar

you will have to activate bypass Ap:
    -got to game
    -press (Y)
    -press (Y) again
    -go to "Bypass AntiPiracy" and Enable it