1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

Tried replacing the ROM, same issue. It could be a problem with the save file then. I don't know though; what if I start a new one, play through for another two hours and then get the same issue? It'd be annoying, to say the least.

It only happens when I touch the log, press the L button to use Move Psyenergy, select Move from the menu or use the stylus to select the shortcut. Which means that it has to be AP. So why am I the only one getting it?

2. diezal

diezal New Member

Um hi all. I confirm this semi-working on Acekard 2i 1.8.1 on a Sandisk 2gb Micro SD. I say semi because although it fixes my freeze after save issue, it does not fix my occasional Dim Dragon appearance after save issue. Also it doesn't fix my occasional black screen after loading but as Jhon already stated it is a firmware issue. But still the rom I am using now is tons better than the one I was using before. Thanks for this Jhon. It is better than nothing for me.

3. Zool55

Zool55 New Member

im having the exact same problem. whenever i touch that first log or try to use push to move it, the top DS screen goes into a fit and the whole game freezes. any ideas on how to fix this? (im using R4 original with latest Wood firmware)
    Post Merge: [time]1292832439[/time]
    WOOT i got it working!! you gotta use WoodR4 v 1.20 and use the XXXX rom, NOT the 5367 Rom. it worked for me anyways

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Your welcome all!

I was trying to look into the pointer of the ROM yesterday but did not have much time, Looking into the black screen issue

The poiner start's at in the ROM 0x00004800

Remember what i sed make a backup copy of the original - and edited the game a few times in data are hex - and extrack a new copy of the game if it did not work!

5. Singularity_UK

There's a 1.20 already? Where can I find it? And I don't suppose you could drop me a link to the "XXXX" Rom, could you mate? Cheers.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

WoodR4 v1.20 , Flahcard help section http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

Nintendo - Nds section : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=50325.0

Rootkillers was the XXXX

7. DSfanforever

DSfanforever Well-Known Member

hay guys, ive tested golden sun (u) (RK_GSDD) version, 5367 - robotkillers version.

on new firmware m3 tochpod, V4.9, it works, no ap screen, but randomly freezes at various times,

and i've tested new ysmenu 6.42, works fine.

um the gsdd patch will that work on the gsdd (u) version (RK_GSDD)?
    does it eliminate the p black screen of freezing in general?

8. Singularity_UK

Hey, brilliant. The XXXX Rom with 1.20 Wood R4 works brilliantly, I was able to push the log without the game freezing. Hopefully I'll have no more issues and I can get properly stuck into this game.

9. Lucide

Lucide New Member

Hey.
    I'm using an I-Touch DS card with a SanDisk 4GB microSDHC.
    Getting black screen as soon as it loads.
    Ive tested it on a no name brand 2GB SD, but no such luck.

Is there a patch of some description available yet?

10. Rainntears

Rainntears Member

Sob... there's still no working ROM on edge 1.2

11. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

you're running on Edge 1.2? Even though it's Not working for 2.0 which is the latest, I really think you should update.

12. Brase

Brase New Member

It doesn't work on my old N-Card too...

13. zymophore

zymophore Well-Known Member

Still no news for edge v2.0.................................I'll just play Dragon Quest 9 while waiting,..............

14. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

please people stop asking for a patch! it will show up when it can be done have patience or buy a friggin new card but shut up, if you keep it with this the hackers are gonan end annoyed and will abandon the patch project, or learn to hack yourself im not talking in any ones name but im astounded by the quantity of people who cannot have patience, there are OTHER GAMES THAT WORK FOR EDGE so go and play them for the time being... geez its astounding im betting 40 of this topic pages are full of people asking for an EDGE patch

15. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Calm down.
    And no, 40 pages are not full of posts asking for an EDGE patch.

16. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Dood, i Tried before, nothin

on topic: Anyone have the no$gba Debugger Version, If its not allowed them pm me

17. Duncan Idaho

dood the more then merrier ;) let me do quick google search for ya the least i can do to contribute to this project is that

18. Majeogo

Majeogo Member

I suggest playing 999 while waiting, it works on Edge 2.0

19. Duncan Idaho

oh i already beat the game, since i dont have an EDGE but an n5 all im saying is that people should learn how to be patient

20. tugao

tugao Well-Known Member

What about Akaio 1.8.1? Nothing seems to work on mine, even though I have the same card someone said he had and was working...