1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

ok, then they are not activated, that can cause glitches on the game. then try reformatting the card and putting a new version of wood: http://filetrip.net/f23051-Wood-R4-v1-19.html make sure you always get wood from filetrip and that it is uploaded by another world. then make sure the game you downloaded is the scene release. check the first page for the proper game

2. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

I have a Wood R4 1.19.nds file on my flashcart which I boot up to temporarily load 1.19 and therefore load up Golden Sun without the black screen.

Could that be the reason for the complication?

3. iluvfupaburgers

it might just be a problem with the sd card. try reformatting. backup everything first

4. Singularity_UK

Tried backing up and apparently_DS_MENU, a system file, is corrupted. Do I even need that with R4?

5. iluvfupaburgers

yes. but that is why i told you to download a new wood

6. Singularity_UK

Okay, I'll do that.

Well, that's not good. I replaced the old Wood R4 folders with new ones but now when I turn on the DS it won't load up.

7. iluvfupaburgers

make sure you get the woor4 .nds file from coolkill3r's topic

8. Singularity_UK

Where can I find that and where do I put it when I have it?

9. iluvfupaburgers

here you go: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0 and then copy all files to the root of the sd card

10. Singularity_UK

Oh, no. I mean that when I start up the DS nothing starts up, it just says Loading. The old Wood R4 used to, and before I got that the regular R4 firmware did. I deleted the Wood R4 1.15 _rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT and replaced them with their 1.19 counterparts.

Now I'm getting nothing. It's a little worrying.

11. iluvfupaburgers

you need that woor4.nds file to load wood

12. Singularity_UK

So I put it in the folder and it loads automatically? Because I can't manually start anything up as no firmware loads.

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Keep your original boot loader _DS_MENU.dat

.nds is a seciond boot loader just like loading a game

Try replacing your _DS_MENU.dat what you originaly used

14. iluvfupaburgers

it was corrupted though. so he needs to download r4 kernel 1.18 again

15. Jhon 591

Why would anyone what that old kernal lol ?

Unless you mean woodR4 v1.18 kernal for r4 originals ?

16. iluvfupaburgers

you saying he needs to load through another kernal. and r4 1.18 is the one for that. unless he uses ysmenu

17. Singularity_UK

No, the DAT file wasn't corrupted. It was another _DS_MENU file with no denotion after, just a system file that's 4MB large.
    Post Merge: [time]1292431964[/time]
    I never loaded through any manual means by the way, I'd turn on the DS and Wood R4 would come up instantly.
    Post Merge: [time]1292432209[/time]
    Thanks Jhon, using the original DAT booter worked a charm. It's loading up now.

Also, thanks iluvfupaburgers for all your help. Now let's see if this actually did anything to solve the problem with Golden Sun I originally posted about.

:p

18. Jhon 591

Mabe you could backup your games and save files - format your microSD chip and start a fresh with this package

If you have an r4 original that is ?

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1176845#msg1176845

At iluvfupaburgers topic

19. Singularity_UK

It's all fine, I sorted it.

Golden Sun doesn't seem to want to load though, it's doing that black AP screen thing. Which is strange, I'd have thought updating to 1.19 would have solved it. When I had 1.15 I used to 1.19.nds file as a means for loading GS up, but now that I've installed it proper I shouldn't need to do that, should I?

Wait, for a clarification; is it the _rpg folder that contains the Wood R4 update or the MENU.DAT file? Because I'm using a 1.19 _rpg folder with a 1.15 MENU.DAT file.

... this is hurting my head.

20. Jhon 591

Yes the __rpg folder work's woth either _DS_MENU.dat are .nds boot loader most importent!

O well, all is well!

EDIT: did you know woodr4 v1.19 now has a .sav ? - you can change it from .nds.sav to just .sav files