1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Gregar7777

Gregar7777 Active Member

Well edge ppl, till golden sun ds works, lez play some other rpgs.

2. Number8

Number8 Member

EzFlashV
    Kernel 2.0 RC 18
    2GB MicroSD

I get a black screen with the patched game.

3. mattresses

mattresses New Member

@sinbad

hangs when loading on CycloDS 1.60 for me.

4. Number8

Number8 Member

Checking now, will let you know if it works.

xdelta patch or w/e you want to call it doesn't work on ez-flashV

How do people exactly go about patching games, hex editors?

5. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

It hangs on the 'Loading' rom screen for me.
    Using Edge DS 2.0.

6. Dark8

Dark8 Member

I'm not sure when it comes to xdelta. Hex editing is probably used, though; if nothing else, one could always find what hex codes to edit and thus allow the game to possibly work. Anyway, for further confirmation that it doesn't work with Cyclo 1.60, I just tried it to no avail. This is both attempting King Leo and Sinbad's patches (one at a time, using a clean dump each time), which is a surprise in itself since xdelta tends to be finicky for me.

It's probably a stupid idea, but has anyone tried using both patches at the same time? I doubt it'd work, but I feel anything's worth a shot.

7. starless

starless New Member

Just wanna ask for people using R4 Original v1.18, does it really work (as stated in the first post)? I tried loading the game but only got a black screen :(

8. Number8

Number8 Member

I'll give it a shot, using both patches at once, downloading King Leo's patched rom now. Then will apply XDelta patch

When trying to use xdelta patch on King Leo's patched rom I get xdelta3:target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That's Wood v1.18, not R4 Original v1.18.

Very rarely can two patches be used on the same ROM. In this case, it would be impossible with the two present patches. They both go after similar, if not the exact same hex values. The patch needs to find the very specific values with which to change them. If even one value is different between the patch and ROM, it isn't going to work.

10. Hickem

Hickem Member

If i try that patch with the EUR version is the same that if i try with the U version?
    [Sorry my bad english..]

11. bioterror

bioterror New Member

I'm using ezflash Vi and it works until I try to save, it saves but when then it freezes, can anyone help?

12. LuckyTrouble77

You can try to back up and format the MicroSD card to see if that fixes it.

13. Number8

Number8 Member

Thanks for the info, and now do you know exactly what lines in the hex code is the ap patch? Is it normally the same line for most games? or the same values, or do ap patches differ by game? Where would one start if I wanted to maybe try patching this game, because I'm not to bad with a hex editor.

14. LuckyTrouble77

I honestly can't tell you where to find the AP, as it differs from game to game depending on the AP. If it triggers on start up, it's probably sitting towards the beginning of the code. If it triggers within a few minutes of playing, it starts getting more difficult to place it. You basically have to know how to use a debugger to find where the AP triggers.

I would suggest asking king_leo to try and get started. He may not be the best at it, but it might just be enough to get you going.

15. nytelynx

nytelynx New Member

Would anyone know why my game gives me a black screen after i try enter the Harapa Ruins after the alchemy forge is working . Everytime i try, it gives me a black screen, and im using Wood v1.18(tried it with 1.19 as well).

16. LuckyTrouble77

Okay, same solution I give everybody that still experiences problems with something everybody else who uses it has working.

- Remove all games, saves, and other non-system files from the MicroSD card.
    - Format the MicroSD card using either your computer's natural format tool, or Panasonic SD Formatter. I've used the former when I've had to format with no issue. I'm pretty much 100% sure that it doesn't matter if it's FAT16 or FAT32.
    - Redownload Wood R4 v1.19 fresh.
    - Place the freshly download firmware files on the card.
    - Place all non-system files back on the card.

This solves more issues than people think.

17. Number8

Number8 Member

Is King_Leo on these forums? I will ask him, because I want to give it a shot, I really want to play this game lmao. If there's a will, there's a way.

18. LuckyTrouble77

Yeah. He is.

19. shineon25

shineon25 New Member

Uhm .. I dont think that is such a good idea. There are enough people bothering him as it is. Your intention is good, but you better inform yourself via google as one question/answer won't be enough to make you a hacker .. you probably have to ask a whole bunch of questions.
    t