1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Konnada

Konnada Member

King_Leo is gonna need a montage.

2. -Sk-

-Sk- New Member

I was just about to order the Acekard tonight until I heard about King_leo working on a fix... damn if it really works then a lot of people are gonna be happy.

3. goodle101

goodle101 Well-Known Member

IS this game good Ive never heard of golden sun before maybe I'll try it R4i sdhc apparently has a patch so here goes...

4. zeekuchiha

zeekuchiha New Member

I seem to get a black screen when I enter combat. This was manageable with random encounters but I'm up to the boss battle after you get Amiti and the screen just stays black. Oh, and I'm using the r4 wood 1.18 firmware. Any advice how to get rid of the problem?

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Back up and format, then reapply fresh firmware files.

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

and download wood 1.19

7. zeekuchiha

zeekuchiha New Member

hmmm looks like i am using the new firmware afterall

8. LuckyTrouble77

You copy all the games, saves, and other files to your computer. You format the MicroSD card. You then place on freshly downloaded firmware files along with all your games and saves and such.

9. zeekuchiha

zeekuchiha New Member

That doesn't seem to have solved the problem. the screen still turns black and freezes when i engage the two generals

10. LuckyTrouble77

Can't help you there then. Nobody else appears to be having that issue. It could be MicroSD card related. For unknown reasons, MicroSD cards can cause a lot of issues on their own.

11. gamingman21

gamingman21 Member

still getting dim dragon...... I'm 27 lvl in game.... and til now i was getting dim dragon like 1 for 10 times saving the game now I'm getting to battle him like every 3 saves... oh and when he comesthe first time he doesn't stop to appear as random battles and even when u get something from chests u get the friking coins... and even when u get out from the menus he attacks you... Anny fixes for akaio? for these problems?

12. Yukko

Yukko Member

never encoutered this problem. using akAIO 1.8.1, 8GB Kingstone speed 4 (i think). i did what i posted (it's in front page) and didn't have anymore issues

13. antokilg

antokilg New Member

Seen as no one answered I will ask again, how do i get this to work on r4 deluxe clone, i just get black screen :S

14. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

no one here is forced to answer if they dont want to. maybe nobody knows how to get it working on our card. you could try ttmenu 6.41, but im not sure it will work. the link is on the 1st page

15. Hickem

Hickem Member

I got a Hyper R4i and doesn't work.. Black screen.. I have to get a new card.. what do u suggest?

16. phaized

phaized Member

I can't speak for everyone but I'm loving my new Supercard DSTwo.

17. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

fix't and QFT

18. iammrpooper

iammrpooper New Member

I have an R4-III v3.13 (r4dsl.net) and I got the game to work on my card so far by taking three steps.

First I copied the YSMenu.nds from the YSMenu for R4 Clones - Mediafire in the discussion thread from http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0 to the root of my card.

Second, I copied the TTMenu fodler from the the Retrogamefan's TTDS EXT, INFO, SAV v6.41 - Right click-->Save Target As.. from same thread from above to the root of my card.

Finally I put the robot killer version of the golden sun file in the root of my card and went to play the game.

The game loaded, and saved, and when I turned it off and back on, I was able to load my save file. I havn’t played very far in yet, I will post again if the AP acts up.

I’m hoping this will also help on other games I couldn’t play before. Sorry if someone else already gave these directions out. (This is my first ever post)

19. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

ok I think i found the ap now to make a work around, give me a day or 2

20. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member