1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. clayden

clayden New Member

Okay I'm joining this campaign to get Golden sun working. At the moment I'm using this white R4 that is just the original R4. I am using wood 1.18 and I am getting a black screen still. I'm not sure on hex code and GBA temp has nothing on their side either...what could be the problem?
    Come on guys if we broke through the shield of Pokemon soul silver we can destroy the shield of Golden sun!

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

disk errcode=-82

when i try to run the game

3. acantu415

acantu415 New Member

It works on Akaio 1.8.1 but after you reach a certain point in the story you no longer get monster encounters which really sucks cause im stuck at lvl 20 so im waiting for a patch now :C

4. shawndelbarrio

shawndelbarrio New Member

Can someone please help it's not working on EZ Flash Vi. I did download 3.0 OB3 and I'm still on the prologue and it crashes randomly with a white screen on top and black on the bottom. It's beginning to piss me off and I don't know if it's just me that it doesn't work but if anyone can tell me what's going on I'd appreciate it thanks

5. Has anti piracy finally won? :O

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It only wins if:

a) You're unlucky.
    b) You're firmware maker missed a little something and just needs to release a new update.
    or
    c) You have an awful cart that hasn't been updated in six months anyways.

Just go buy the game. It is well worth the purchase.

7. baddawg12

baddawg12 New Member

I think I'm just gonna wait for a patch for the R4 Ultra because for some reason the AKAIO firmware isn't working for me.

8. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

How do I make it work on an R4i RTS from r4rts.cn?

9. megamankiller

megamankiller New Member

is there anyway to make it work in EDGE? mine is version 2.0 and it gives me black screen...
    thanks in advance

10. wolf_link

wolf_link New Member

>"The shield"
    Thing is, this AP is much, much more FFFUUU

11. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

So far there is no fix yet for EDGE.

12. soulshine

soulshine Member

Still no fix for Cyclo. I guess it's time for me to buy the game before I get ship.

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Designd for R4 original's only

WoodR4 v1.19 + YSMenu V6.40+Softreset

http://www.mediafire.com/?a5njrk5ln2frcaw

Softreset added to YSMenu, 1, WoodR4 v1.19.nds and 2, YSMenu.nds in NDS Games folder for a quick switch between YSMenu and WoodR4 v.1.19

.sav also enabled in woodR4 v1.19

Yes the (U) version of works with this build on r4 originals - Backup and format your microsd chip, Extract content to root of microSD

14. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

when cyclods gets a patch edge will i hope people will just get it through there heads
    Post Merge: [time]1291638229[/time]
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=50638.new#new

15. bitchass

bitchass Well-Known Member

not true, i beat the game already using akaio 1.8.1

16. DSfanforever

DSfanforever Well-Known Member

i had the same problem, but fixed it,

1) reformat your card, (make a backup first before you reformat!)
    2) get Panasonic SD formatter: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html
    choose which version you want, and then once you've downloaded it, unzip and use it in an administor account, sub doesn't work

3) once you've got it, open the .exe up, and the insert your sd card in your usb port.
    4) reformat to FAT32 normally frist (right click on your drive letter of your sd card click format,
    5) now format it again but with pansonic sd formatter you just opened, on options, click "Full erase ON" and "Format size ON",
    now click format.

6) now that you've fixed your card with FAT32 and those setting above, your ready to go, just copy all your backed up stuff back into your newly reformatted card.
    and boot into your official card's firmware and then boot ysmenu and from there boot golden sun :).

it worked for me.
    hope this helps.

17. nunoedge

nunoedge Member

I just have to say, this game is so awsome and actually made me glad to remember Golden Sun GBA Games.

I don't wanna spoil the end but if I'm not mistaken that gave an hint that will be made a new game for DS :) (Just my assumption)

My card was R4 Ultra w/ AKAIO 1.8.1 and 1GB Card (8GB didn't work)

18. baddawg12

baddawg12 New Member

I have the same set up but with a 4GB card. I tried formatting my SD card and using AKAIO but it never loads when I turn on my DS. I just see "Loading...". Can someone tell me step by step how the fix works for the R4 Ultra SD HC? Because the OP isn't really helping me.

19. DSfanforever

DSfanforever Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, Duncan Idaho!
    it worked,

1) all i'd was make a backup of my m3 real, then back it up using time machine,
    2) then i used the sd formatter, i had to use the admin account on my windows xp, my sub wasn't working for sd formatter.
    #) reformatted the sd card to FAT32 again, then i used SD Formatter, i used "Full erase ON" and "size format ON".
    full erase on didn't work, because my card doesn't support it, but still the games on Ysmenu V6.40 work now, now disk error -82 anymore.

i'll have to use ysmenu for the nwer games, cause the M3 team hasn't updated their firmware yet, probably will take a long time until they do.

anyways, thanks for the help :)

20. Mundetiam

Mundetiam New Member

Wait, if it's still not playable under Wood R4 1.18, why is it listed as functional on the main page?