1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. n00berania

n00berania Member

Still no news for EDGE?

2. LastHylian

LastHylian Member

Sorry. Had a few posts before that stating my stuff.

Scandisc 4GB HC

3. Fierforce1

Fierforce1 New Member

Well, it seems that I have hit a problem with Wood r4 1.18 for Golden Sun DD. After the soldiers in a certain dungeon blow a cave door shut, the game freezes when the bad guy shows up and starts talking. I've tried everything but to no avail. Anyway I can fix this problem?

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Back up and format your MicroSD card. It is the most simple solution I can give you. Place on freshly downloaded firmware files after.

5. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

My Goldensun is also not working on AKAIO 1.8.1 4gb Kingston. I noticed it's slower than my 1gb Sandisk, but i don't have it to be able to test it. Obviously though, sandisk provides faster msd cards. I say this based on the possibility that speed of msd card matters whether or not golden sun will work.

Also, my friend put AKAIO on his R4 ultra and it worked o.o, and golden sun is working with his 4gb sandisk

6. baddawg12

baddawg12 New Member

My golden sun isn't working and I have an R4 Ultra SD HC 4GB Kingston.

7. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

for the R4 ultra users you can simply use AKIO now

8. Dracosyna

Dracosyna Well-Known Member

Maybe a spoiler....
    Freezes on the Barrage Temple, the point where the water level goes down. Is this AP?
    I'm using the original R4 with R4 Wood 1.18

9. gamingman21

gamingman21 Member

i have kingston akaio 1.8.1 and it works... format the damn card :D.... and try multiple times to load it.... have the sound open on max and the light of the screen on max too, ive noticed that the game sometimes doesnt load if these arent open on max... and i dont know how but sometimes it takes like 3 to 4 tries to launch the game on akaio...

10. _Shion

_Shion Well-Known Member

Ok. I have an iTouch DS. I am not sure what kind of hardware this is, but I keep getting the black screen and my game refuses to start. What do I need to do to fix this?

11. Duncan Idaho

wait for a patch, as far as i know there is no way itouch can run WAIO, wood r4 or YSmenu or wait for a firmware upgrade

12. _Shion

_Shion Well-Known Member

So even if I give it the latest firmware, it won't work?

13. baddawg12

baddawg12 New Member

Not really sure. Do you mean the fix on the OP? If so, I have to use the AKIO firmware on my R4? I'm confused.

14. Duncan Idaho

R4 ultra was made by the same team of the acekard, the AKIO people ported it for the R4 ultra

15. OmegaFlare2

When formatting my msd card, should I use FULL FORMAT erase on or FULL FORMAT erase off?
    Also, when backing up my files, should i cut them or copy them?

16. Duncan Idaho

first select the ON option, second you select your file, rigth click to open the menu, left click on copy, and then rigth click to open the smalls id emenu and left click on paste

17. OmegaFlare2

Lol i wasn't asking how to copy, but okay. thanks :)

18. johnsonwkh94

johnsonwkh94 New Member

Hey i'm using Super Card Mini SD...i don't know why...but when i use the super card program and try converting the .ndsq file...all i get is 0byte for the dsq file and my sav file has around 512 byte...mind helping me?

19. OmegaFlare2

I've done everything you said, formatted, bright max, sound max, etc, but it doesn't even launch successfully once after trying 20 times. I think i'll wait on something more technical like a patch.

20. Xaq

Xaq Member

Sorry to invade the topic, but on the compatibility list I don't know where my card fits in. I have an R4i sdhc card, before the 1.4 cards came out.

So, is my card on the list and if so, where?

Thanks in advance.