1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Griffon01

Griffon01 Member

is there a fix for EDGE?

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

seriously?!!! PLEASE PEOPLE, TAKE SOME TIME TO READ SOME POSTS BEFORE. READ MY POST RIGHT ABOVE YOURS, PLEASE!!!!

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

errr any ideas? i know i have the latest ysmenu but it gets stuck on loading, also can any one give me a ysmenu.nds that is not the vividboy modded one? i suspect its quite a problem since i dont get any errors, the mod switches the screens (upper screen rom selection, lower rom config and boot, i start a game, the loading stuff goes to the upper screen and then the rom selection list goes to the bottom screen)

4. iluvfupaburgers

did you try using Wood 1.18? i think it works on N5

5. Thatguyiskev

Thatguyiskev Member

why does the action replay work for r4 wood 1.18? i pressed x for cheats, and then it just showed nothing... the screen just blinked and that's all. i tried downloading 3 other cheats, too. im pretty sure the cheats i've downloaded had the action replay codes for GS DD, because it listed golden sun dark dawn in the notebook thing...

6. iluvfupaburgers

not sure, but i think you need to enable cheat usage on wood

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You need the original YSMENU not from VividBoy?

Here's the mediafire link from Halo-101: http://www.mediafire.com/?dv25tht4vp758tt

My YSMENU loader is still the one made by VividBoy. I simply change the TTMENU's DAT with the v.6.40 made by Retrogamefan and replaced the R4patch.dat inside the TTMENU folder/YSMENU folder with the replacement from Retrogamefan and Another World.

The problem is not with the YSMENU.NDS file, its with the R4patch.dat and the TTpatch.dat (apply only for certain cart). I had the same issue before I replace the patch.dat. One easy way is to simply copy over the entire TTMENU folder from Retro to replace the exsisting one in your cart. But before doing that, make a duplicate and keep it in your computer just in case something goes wrong. By doing that should be able to now bypass the black screen.

Credit goes to the names I mention in this posting.

8. Thatguyiskev

Thatguyiskev Member

i've already enabled it and everything... and when i turned off the enable, when i tried to select my cheats on other games, it just sent me to the screen where cheats(exp modifiers) and stuff were chosen... for GS DD, it doesnt seem to work on wood r4 1.18, but when i went to ysmenu, and selected the cheats from there, it seemed to work... problem is, GS DD doesnt work on ysmenu

9. iluvfupaburgers

just download retros ttmenu v6.40 and copy to your card. use the r4's firmware aswell. after that rename ttmennu.dat to ttmenu.nds

10. Duncan Idaho

oddly in off i've been using retro's ysmenu (repalced the TTmenu folder ) and i still get that problem, can you upload your patch.dat? and the TTpatch.dat? im sure if i could fix that Golden sun would work, plus i re-downloaded the v6.40 in order to make sure free download magnager did not screw with me

11. Prectorian

I'm using from the one Retro provided through filetrip, so its the same with the one you had already.

12. iluvfupaburgers

try by erasing ttpatch.dat, since that is only for ttds

13. Prectorian

14. Duncan Idaho

read the pm i sent you, you also made m remember i need to take down that link and tell retro 'bout it

15. myshadowz

myshadowz New Member

Thanks man, it worked!

16. Thatguyiskev

Thatguyiskev Member

i just tried this, and it didnt work... guess i'll just have to play it without cheats. thanks for your time!(AR seems to work on everything else besides GS DD...)
    Post Merge: [time]1291265571[/time]
    nevermind, im just a noob...

17. krazychao5

krazychao5 New Member

um, how do i get to the configs to turn on cheat codes for wood? sounds silly but i've pressed everything and can't figure it out.

18. Takeru88

Takeru88 Member

So... No one else knows how to fix the glitch where you don't run into enemies and when you save, you instantly have to fight the Dim Dragon? It's a problem because now I'm stuck at lv20 and dunno what to do about this. :/

19. SideLinePunk

SideLinePunk Active Member

Not working on my AKAIO 1.8.1. Tried all the steps. Using a DS Lite, my SD is a Polaroid 8GB, class 4.

20. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

The Tutorial wasn't for you.. o.0
    I neither know whats your problem..

good!