1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

Yes.. you need..

Here is a little tuto for you:

1º Format your sd card(make a backup if you want..)
    2º Download this: http://www.r4wood.com/Kernel/a/R4DS-V1.18 En.rar
    Then, extract the files to root folder of your sd card..
    3º Download this: http://www.r4wood.com/Kernel/a/Wood_R4_v1.18.rar
    Then, extract the files to root folder of your sd card, replacing the files..

And.. at last.. 4º Go to the Wood configs and activate the AR(action replay codes) to get it working! ;)

2. bitchass

bitchass Well-Known Member

so i got it to work on the acekard 2i with akaio 1.8.1
    but everytime i open a chest i get a glitch, it shows up as a large coin named "."
    any ideas?

3. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

hope works for you..

4. bitchass

no i got past that its just that every chest after that, like in the woods is the medal. well ill try that ^

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

odd doesnt works with ysmenu v.40 on N5, yet it works on other clones..., i disabled DMA and reset, no cheats cuz i havent updated the cheat data base

6. imranh101

imranh101 New Member

WORKED FOR ME AFTER TRYING A TON OF DIFFERENT THINGS INCLUDING MULTIPLE FORMATS!!! THAAANK YOOOOU!
    If ANYONE is having trouble with ACEKARD do EXACTLY THIS it freaking WORKED...

7. Bowser-jr

Bowser-jr Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a patch for this game yet? I see anyone make a comment about that...well, recently

8. zaren

zaren New Member

r4i sdhc update is out !!!!!!!!

9. bitchass

worked like a charm, every chest is giving me the items its suppose to :D
    edit: nope it came up again :(

10. Yukko

Yukko Member

Glad it worked ^^

i posted this at gbatemp and worked for a person too, but he didnt set the save files to 2M, so i think its only the Cheats and/or the Soft-Reset, togetter with AP Bypass o/

im not trying switching couse its working now and i dont want to mess i up 8D

cheers

11. kkatsa

kkatsa Member

:D now only R4 ultra and cycloDS carts have to wait for like...an year? xD
    i have to buy a new cart...but wich one?

12. Yukko

Yukko Member

I would recomend acekard.. i bought one a half year ago and its worth every coin. the interface is simple and easy to use. the was this thing that blocked the GS, but nothing that wouldn't let u play. theres always a way o/

im not trying to make u choose for this one single minded, just a recomendation o/

13. kkatsa

kkatsa Member

Thx Yukko
    I will look for one :D
    Now i only want to play with golden sun, im waiting since 2004 i think...so i deserve it xD, but if the card will cost as mush as the original game than i will buy the game...but i have too wait a lot becouse in this country the delay of the games is like 3-4 month -____-

14. Yukko

Yukko Member

well, i dont know where u live, but here in Brazil, the price of the card isnt that cheap, but its about 30~40% the price of the originals catridges like: Orig -> almost R$200,00, AK -> R$80,00

15. n0ne

n0ne Member

because i wanted to convert my ttsmenu .sav to the official r4i-sdhc menu .sav. my savegame ended up being erased.
    Does anyone know why does r4i-sdhc menu make a .nds.sav with the game name? it even appears as if it was a rom, and has a R4 icon. Guess this is AP. help anyone? i dont want to run on dstt menu again all 4 nothing.

16. hteekay

hteekay Member

sorry for the confusion, what i meant was R4 SDHC is a 1:1 clone of the original R4 which has its own firmware ( current one being 1.34, the one that has pandora which is basically a modified ysmenu. ).
    So to anyone who's using R4SDHC that have 1.34 firmware, downgrade the firmware that does not have pandora in it. That way you can get the new 22932-TTMenu v6.40 to work...
    I don't know if simply by changing the name of TTmenu.dat to TTmenu.nds can get it to load since some people has commented it freeze on white screen and i have skipped that method.
    What i did is i use r4ysauto with 22932-TTMenu v6.40 to regenerate a new ysmenu for my R4.
    after that i copy the whole thing to my R4 root, rename the default.nds to TTmenu.nds and it works. I can play golden sun now.
    if by chance it still doesn't work for you, try replacing the TTmenu folder with the one in 22932-TTMenu v6.40.
    hope this doesn't confuses anyone more than they are now. Sorry for my english as it is not my main language...

17. gnosduh

gnosduh Member

For all of you having the strange " " coin problem..
    Download the original Robot Killers dump. Make sure it's the valid one, with the NFO included. The LOLCats rom seems to be the culprit.

18. bitchass

yeah it is the rk rom.
    the file name is rk-gsddu

19. himuradrew

himuradrew Member

Anyone get it to work with EDGE 2.0 yet? :)

20. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

not working on EDGE yet