1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i believe the n5 can support wood, try it out

2. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

Very nice.

3. cv121

cv121 Member

Does the TTMenu.dat only work for the R4 or w.e cart or it could work on any?

4. garra113

garra113 Member

My current r4 is a R4i-SDHC <- I believe this one is a clone. Anyway, I am on 1.28b firmware and I was wondering if I can play this game with this r4 atm. Help?

5. dern88

dern88 New Member

I'm currently using a r4sdhc which is a r4 clone I believe (not too familiar with the whole r4 stuff). I had to use waio since thats the only one i can get working and i don't seem to be able to run golden sun. Does anyone have any solutions to this? or am i just gonna have to wait for a patched version?

6. How long do we expect it to take for a patched version to arrive?

I, like the above poster, have a R4 SDHC (clone) and I have so far (after trying a bunch of stuff that failed) been unable to get the game running. A patched version of the game will solve the AP, right?

7. avaloch

avaloch Member

A patched version should solve the AP problem, but we don't know what the AP involves. As for how long to expect, we really can't tell. It's up to the dumpers to work on a crack/patch for the game. If they decide not to do it, we won't get a patch/crack at all.

8. _Shion

_Shion Well-Known Member

I have an iTouch DS, not sure what flashcart this is...

But I get a black screen. :/

How can I fix this?

9. hteekay

hteekay Member

for R4 SDHC, i had the same problem but i think you'll have to regenerate ysmenu with R4ysauto and the latest TTmenu v6.40 from the godly retrogamefan. Thanks to him for providing the solution.

after it is generated, just get the default.nds or default.dat and put it in your sd root. (rename it to ysmenu.nds if you don't want boot straight into ysmenu.)
    copy the TTmenu folder straight from TTmenu v6.40 into the root of your sd

oh and make sure you don't have that pandora thing on your sdhc firmware. i don't know why but that thing messed up my ysmenu
    *meaning don't use the 1.34 firmware. use the original 1.18 firmware instead

10. tatsumakitee

tatsumakitee Well-Known Member

is there a r4i sdhc fix? i cant find it in the topics

11. Takeru88

Takeru88 Member

I've been playing fine for hours until recently. I got to the Ice Queen Stone, and now NO monsters appear. I also go to save or exit the menu, and the Dim Dragon or whatever boss from the Energy Training Grounds appears. I believe this to be an AP issue, as now I can't even load the game. I've been using AKAIO 1.8.1 with the AP Bypass activated.

12. blazetiger4

blazetiger4 Member

well it seems its working fine... I actually had to use my sister's R4 wood 1.18 instead of my CycloDS micro.. hopefully soon there'll be a fix. maybe not, but hopefully.

But yeah, I'm in Belinsk, so I guess it's all good for now.

13. Takeru88

Takeru88 Member

Yeah, I'm getting NO random encounters for some reason, ever since I rode the cloud out of Passaj. Still level 20 and can't level. Missed a Djinn too. xD Any idea how to fix this? :/

14. Did anyone get this game to work on the r4 III Revolution?

15. Raeas

Raeas New Member

I'm assuming it has a higher chance of working on a sandisk than a kingston?
    It didn't work with my kingston, but I am able to play using the sandisk without AP activated on AKAIO 1.8.1

16. jikijiki

jikijiki Member

Has anyone gotten this to work on an R4 Ultra yet?

17. Goobaman

Goobaman New Member

For the record, I'm pretty sure that the random Dim Dragon battles as well as the no encounters PERIOD after a specific story point is also Anti-Piracy.

My characters are roughly low 20's. I haven't had a random encounter since the SECOND MARS ADEPT joins. That's a good bit into the story, so it wouldn't hurt to update the front post.

18. Kainem

Kainem Member

I tried it. When i tried to execute the menu it froze.

19. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

What you did?

You have to install only the Wood 1.18 replacing the original files.. You dont have to install TTMenu or YSMenu.

Format your SD card(make a backup), Download and extract this file: http://www.r4wood.com/Kernel/a/R4DS-V1.18%20En.rar
    and then, download and extract this files, replacing when asked: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=22925

I made it in my old card.. now its working too.. I have 2 cards that works now! xD

20. n0ne

n0ne Member

All right for people with r4i-sdhc (the one from www.r4i-sdhc.com)

Download Retrogamefan`s 6.40 ttmenu. unrar it, put the folder on root of micro-sd, and change the ttmenu.DAT to ttmenu.NDS.
    put it in your roms list.
    Then while on r4i-sdhc menu load ttmenu.nds as if it were a rom, then youll be transfered to ttmenu. Load GS DD from here. success.
    Thx Retrogamefan 4 your hard work i was operated on monday and your fix came just in time for me to play GS DD while in-bed. thx again .