1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. KZX

KZX Member

Edit; Well I got to the intro so it looks like I'm all good. Thanks for the help folks! Really appreciate it.

2. cv121

cv121 Member

Yes but the game icon doesn't even show on the Edge. Or is it supposed to be like that?

3. gnosduh

gnosduh Member

I don't really feel like spending 20$ on a micro SD card at best buy when I already own one. Does anyone think Akaio will release a fix for this game?

In addendum...

It seems like it's working now. It was starting every 3rd try, then it was every 2nd try, and now it starts every time. I hold Y... I have no idea if that does anything, but when I don't, it seems like it wont load. I also experienced a black screen after getting it to load once. Weird-o. Thanks guys.

Acekard 2i, Akaio 1.8.1, all updates installed via Wi-Fi option, AP on, Kingston 4GB card, formatted on Mac OSX with disk utility.

If you're using OSX, make sure to delete the hidden files on your drive (http://www.macworld.com/article/51830/2006/07/showallfinder.html). This is just good advice in general.

4. Andronian

Andronian New Member

I don't know if this is AP or something else. I'm running AKAIO 1.8.1 with AAP enabled on my Acekard 2.1 (not 2i), with a Sandisk 4GB sd.

When I first actually get to play the game, i.e. run around in my house for the first time, I'm told to grab some items from chests. When I opened one of the chests, I got a dummy item instead of normal equipment, and this prevented me from leaving the house. Has anyone else experienced this?

5. chinglee42

chinglee42 Member

Ok I now can load a game on my r4sdhc via ysmenu by going onto ttmenu then I boot ysmenu however now I am getting error code 4. Anyone know how I fix this?
    Post Merge: [time]1291150669[/time]
    One thing I could try is different roms. Could anyone be really kind and provide me links to different roms?

6. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

I had the same problem yesterday.. and I tried to install Wood 1.18 too.. and again, didnt work... I bought a new R4(a real R4) and installed Wood 1.18, then worked!

Try this:
    download this: http://filetrip.net/d22932-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-v6-40.html .Then extract it and copy the files to the root of the card, except the txt files. then rename TTMenu.dat, to TTMenu.nds. also make sure you are using the original card's firmware..

If didnt work.. give up and buy a different card! (just like me.. i had the lucky on find one R4 original for $7,5 in an alleys shop!)

Same problem too! ;)
    And the solution: Get a new card!.. Or wait for a new patched rom, that possible will works in your R4

7. gnosduh

gnosduh Member

Yep, that happened to me too. You have to delete your .sav and restart. Yep, the whole intro again. :(

8. Andronian

Andronian New Member

^ Heh, well, at least there's a fix. Thanks!

9. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

chinglee42

I think a new patched rom will appear soon, a rom that works in any cards with just a little action replay code!

10. chinglee42

chinglee42 Member

Buying a new card will be my last resort. Anyway as you said,I can wait for a patch. Also, I wanna try different golden sun roms and see if they work. The only one I've tried is the rom from rom-freaks.com which is 134.2mb zip file and has the numbers 5367 on the file name

11. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

Chinglee42

I just realize that exist more than one version of wood.. Try to install one of those: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0
    versions of Wood 1.18 in your card! Maybe works..

What is the version of your R4 card?

This guy --> dolde047

Gets a R4 SDHC.. and one of this versions of Wood is working fine to him.. Try installing one for time..

Try at first the: "Wood R4 v1.18 for R4iDSN"
    pretty sure that will work!!

12. mark0217

mark0217 New Member

Any fixes for EZFlash V, or do I just need a new cart? A lot of games not working as of late. =/

13. bitchass

bitchass Well-Known Member

ez v gets no love, nothing but a patch to the rom will help us. i caved in a got a new cark :eek:

14. beerneo

beerneo Member

I dont know if this happened to anyone yet but I found a bunch of these gold coins that do nothing. I cant sell them or drop them. When I found them it said "Mathew found ." I am using acekard 2i Akaio 1.8.1

15. Andronian

Andronian New Member

@beerneo

Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about with the dummy items that wouldn't let me progress. You should delete your save and reload it, that seems to fix it. Although I wasn't aware that the issue might happen past the intro... that might be bad. :O

16. Kainem

Kainem Member

It didnt work but thx for the help.

Golden Sun is pretty much the last game im interested on my DS so im gonna wait for a patch. If it doesnt come i'll just buy the game original when its cheap. No real use in getting a new card at this stage imo.

17. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

18. chinglee42

chinglee42 Member

@Yuake_DS, thanks for the link, I'll be sure to try it ASAP.

The firmware I was using before was 1.28b.

19. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

this game's awesome. ditched the r4i sdhc ;D

20. juan874

juan874 New Member

so i see a bunch up their but i dont know whick is mine at the most i can tell it a n5 revolution ds and that's about it so if some one can help me out it would be great

also i know that's theirs several updates i have 1.27 and theirs 1.32 or something like that but i remember i downloaded 1.28 or something and the games were not working so keep the 1.27 version

[update] i tried it several times even the one that's patch(lolcatz) and all i get is a black screen