1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. rctsemperfi

rctsemperfi New Member

Hi im new here so be nice lol. Anyway I have a R4III Upgrade Revolution, and I was wondering if there was a patch/download for this yet. I havent played my ds in a while but aparently there are no new firmware updates for the r4iii upgrade rev on there website. However I heard that you can use Wood firmware (IDK what it is exactly, havent done this in about 6 months lol.)

If I use the WOOD firmware on my R4II UpRev, would this work? Or is it only for the org R4 cartrages?

Thanks...

2. jrome2

jrome2 Member

This won't work on wood r4 1.13

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Of cause not. Upgrade it to Wood R4 v.1.18 from Coolkill3r's topic. Or use YSMENU with Latest DAT v.6.40 from iluvfupaburgers's topic.

Both can be found on the FLASHCART FORUM, not here as this is the TECHNICAL FORUM.

Click HOME on the top left of your screen to see the various FORUM sections.

4. KougaMyazawa

KougaMyazawa Active Member

Some play the game for the story, so they use cheats to play through it faster, including myself.

5. jrome2

jrome2 Member

yh but isn't that for the r4i. Sorry forgot to tell you i have the orginal r4 revolution and it doesn't work with the latest wood firmware for that

6. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Any news for us Edge users? I really wanna play this game...

7. Prectorian

Mine is also R4 Original v.1.18. I've both Wood R4 v.1.18 and Unofficial v.117a12 TTDS v.6.40 from Retro in my cart.

There are 3 version of wood;
    1. WOOD R4 for R4 Original
    2. WOOD R4 for R4i
    3. WAIO

Golden Sun (U) is kind of funny, cause some member are able to run it on WOOD R4 while others like myself had to run it on YSMENU.

If you need help on how to install and fix :

YSMENU, ask iluvfupaburgers and Jhon 591

Or

Ask Coolkill3r and Yoshi for Wood R4.

8. DL03

DL03 New Member

Is there any fix for R4i Pocket 1.04?

9. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

TTmenu 3.40. look around the thread, theres a bunch of tutorials on how to get it on there

10. Prectorian

Have you tried this: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0
    Post Merge: [time]1291121853[/time]
    [quote author=Retrogamefan]
    Just to let DSTT/i users know, if you only copy the 3 usual .dat files (extinfo, infolib & savlib), some of you may encounter problems with games because the TTMenu firmware and patch (TTMenu.dat & ttpatch.dat) have also been updated. Which is why I state in my update to copy TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat to your microSD.

Users who are using YSMenu as their primary firmware & also R4/i SDHC, please rename the TTMenu.dat in the update to TTMenu.nds prior to copying it over to your microSD.

I am also aware that there is a problem with Tron (E). I have looked at the game again, so no need to report. It will be working in the next update, v6.41.

So, iluvfupaburgers, could you please ammend the front page according to this post please.

Thankyou very much,
    RetroGameFan[/quote]

And here's the link to the forum page to get the help you need for TTMENU/YSMENU:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

11. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

guess ill have to buy this game...it works somewhat nicely on DeSmuME but a bit slow (specially the emoticon spam cut scenes and battles UGH) but also it seems like its missing some sounds like when you use psynergy or when you kill an enemy <☺>_<☺>

12. chinglee42

chinglee42 Member

I'm using R4i SDHC 1.28.

Keep getting black screen.

I've now formated the SD card card and these are the only files on it:
    [​IMG]

Is this all correct?

13. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

HOLY SHIT!!! Working on Wood R4 1.18

Finally!! I had to bought a new R4 card.. and this time, isnt a Clone.. I found it in an alley, for $ 7.5!! With SD 2GB...

VERY VERY SPECIAL THANKS to iluvfupaburgers...

14. Yukko

Yukko Member

ppl, i might have found how to work on akAIO 1.8.1 for those who always give black screen no matter what. maybe it will not work for some, but hey, if i help any1, as i helped myself, thats ok by me. i will post what i did!

1) formated with Panasonic SD Formater (Full Format ON; Format Ajustment ON);
    2) copied the akAIO 1.8.1 and the Wi-fi plugin bugfix to mSD with GS:DD in another past;
    3) booted ds and had everything updated (Loaders, Cheats, Wi-Fi and savelist.bin) *******Remember to use Which Cheat DB? -> AKAIO (yusuo)*******
    4) go to GS:DD Properties -> Rom Setting -> and leave it in this order:
    -2M
    -Disabled
    -Disabled
    -Enabled

5) Press A to confirm and test it!

OBS.: I use a DSLite. my mSD is a kingstone 8GB and, if the speed of the card is the number inside a circle on top right, then, its speed 4 (I realy dont know how to see the card speed).

I hope this helps a lot of ppl, if not everyone!

GG

15. chinglee42

chinglee42 Member

Could you tell me what files are in your SD card please?

16. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

In my case didnt worked(I tryed the Wood and TTMenu).. i had to bought a new card.. but, other people with the same card as you(and my) gets working with the TTMenu!!

Here is the deal:

download this: http://filetrip.net/d22932-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-v6-40.html (you must have it but it is just to make sure). then extract it and copy the files to the root of the card, except the txt files. then rename TTMenu.dat, to TTMenu.nds. also make sure you are using the original card's firmware

Try and post results..
    Again.. Thanks to iluvfupaburgers!
    Post Merge: [time]1291125137[/time]
    yeah.. at first, i formatted my card with the Formatter SD, then downloaded from here: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html
    the: "R4 DS Kernel V1.18 (English, 28-4-2008)" extracted to the SD.. Then downloaded "# Wood R4 Kernel 1.18 (11-29-2010)" extracted to the SD replacing the files.. AND IT WORKS! I placed all my games including golden sun and is working..(I actvated the AR in Wood configs)

There it is:

[​IMG]

17. chinglee42

chinglee42 Member

Thanks Yusuke_DS. I'll test it out.

18. minsha101

minsha101 New Member

any new for edge user??

19. DSfanforever

DSfanforever Well-Known Member

M3 Real (using YSMenu v6.40 from below)

yeah, maybe
    but will it work for sure if i use this frimware intend of m3real 4.8f.
    will all my other stuff games and such work on ysmenu? and to update will it work?

i don't know, all this just for golden sun ds,

i wouldn't risk this changing all the frimware around just to play one game,

i'd wait for m3 team to release their update 4.8g or 4.9.

that would be way better than doing this.

20. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

WoodR4 also now has a new save function - where you can select saves to be either .nds.sav are now just .sav alone!