1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Can someone upload ysm3 to mediafire or megaupload.Thanks in advance.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

check first page!!!!

yes

3. pnoyballa

pnoyballa New Member

you rename it to YSMenu.nds not TTmenu.nds

4. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

Happens the same thing.. loading forever..

I'm close to giving up!.. In the near future, can anyone post a patch Golden Sun rom that will work on my card with the original firmware? could happens? = /

5. cv121

cv121 Member

Ok, I'm near giving up too. I downloaded like 5 different Golden Sun Dark Dawn for my Edge and it doesn't show on the screen when I load it on my NDS. Can anyone help me in figuring why it doesn't show? Same goes with other games, idk why.

6. RoM-ee

RoM-ee Well-Known Member

are the cheats working for anyone??
    I tried it on wood 1.18 and EZ5i, I see the cheats, and when I enable them they the don't take effect

7. zidane100

zidane100 Active Member

Confirmed working for R4 WOOD v1.18, no balck screen or nothing weird get to the point to name the character and worked fine. Used lolcatz rom.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it doesnt work on edge yet

cheats are working, tried on my acekard 2i

9. I have a CyclosDS which was an upgrade from my R4-III Upgrade Revolution something or another (R4 Clone). Since there is no support from Team Cyclos I had to resort back to my old flash cart.

Anyways I was having the same problem as you with the white screen and the square loading thing in the lower left.

I downloaded RETROGAMEFAN v6.40. Then I downloaded YSMenu R4 which was found here.

Unzip 6.40 and put everything in the root. I deleted the TTmenu.nds file cause it just gave me a white screen. Unzip YSMenu and drag over only YSMenu.nds.

Run YSMenu like you would run a game. After it finishes loading whatever it will ask you for what game to load and you can pretty much go from there.

Then it just worked for me.

10. garra113

garra113 Member

R4i-SDHC w/ Firmware 1.28b

Black screen after load up.

Would appreciate if there was a fix around.

11. justinced05

justinced05 Member

Mine works now too. But there's some weird screen flickering when i load and save. Is this normal on YSMenu3? What could be done for this to be glitch free?

12. pnoyballa

pnoyballa New Member

same here.

13. gnosduh

gnosduh Member

So..
    I finally got it working on my AK 2i, akaio 1.8.1. However, The next time I started it, I got the black screen. I have a kingston SD card. It seems like this might be the problem.. it's really weird that it worked once, though.

14. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

Why the hell would you use cheats for Golden Sun? way to ruin the entire game. You must be retarded if you use cheats

15. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Agreed ;D Some people are just too imbecile to play the game, hence they use cheats to play the game >:D

16. Hey everyone, I need some help with getting past the anti-piracy here.

Ive been lurking for awhile, but am REALLY out of the loop with flashcart advances here. Ive got an R4 SDHC (clone) with the latest firmware (v1.34?) and im not quite sure how to get past the AP on this game.

Can someone direct me somewhere where I can find out how to install the latest YSMenu that will let me bypass the AP (that is if YSMenu is what I need)?

I know its a big ask and I probably sound the like the biggest noob, but i would be really appreciative of the help. Ive been trawling for fixes and im not sure which should work for me. Any and all help is appreciated :)

17. acantu415

acantu415 New Member

confirmed this working on an acekard 2i with akaio 1.8.1 AP Bypass on!!

It didnt work at first for me, it gave me a black screen so I reformated my card and turned on the AP before I launched the game for the first time, and its been working like a charm ever since! ;D hope this helps anyone with the black screen problem on a acekard 2i!

18. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

Would the cheats just be coins and experience etc?
    Cos the whole game is the puzzles and thought required to pass them and whatever. You wouldn't be able to cheat that would you? And if you could, what is the POINT in even 'playing' the game?
    These people should be really ashamed of themselves

19. DarkPidgeot

DarkPidgeot New Member

Surprised the CycloDS team released 1.60 just 4 days ago and didn't wait to see if there was AP on Golden Sun (which I'm sure they would've had to assume as it's a pretty big game).

Oh well, guess we'll just wait and see.

20. Sinfulrebel

Sinfulrebel New Member

Confirmed working perfectly on r4 v1.18 with wood r4 firmware v1.18. I've been playing for an hour now without any problems whatsoever.