1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

It is playable without turning the sound off.

2. shackol101

shackol101 Active Member

Still not playable in EDGE 2.0 OS

3. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

really, mine wasn't it was so slow, i sped it up with no sound :D

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. That's another way to increase the speed, not sure with others, but I prefer playing it with sound.

5. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

Yes I had it on dual and it had some static sound so I god the "shut up"command and it made the sound nice but I've since realized that it also disabled sound effects.. So it seems that to keep the sound effects you have to keep the static sounds and bad sound quality.
    And how can I tell how fast or laggy the game is going cos it can be slow when it says 99%.
    Has anyone found an ideal configuration to get balance between speed and sound quality?
    Also the current slowness, is it due to AP? Or is AP like either work or not? How could the slowness be fixed?
    Cheers

6. DL03

DL03 New Member

It doesn't work on R4i Pocket...

7. AmberRei

AmberRei New Member

Since the AP fix for the Jap version is already out, is it possible to extract the language files from the US rom and patch the J rom with those, in order to have a working english rom?

8. Edge 2.0 is now available. But still no fix for Golden Sun DD (U).

9. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

Works on TTMenu V..40..=D

10. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

For everyone with an Asgard 2i and AKIO 1.8.1
    make sure the AP bypass is enabled,

I've just copied the game to my Micro SD card and I've started
    the game and it does work like a charm

11. Phizzo89

Phizzo89 New Member

iaosjfdoiasjd stupid post. MOVING ALONG

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Hi Retro, I'm now back on at the gbatemp with many thanks to all

Also congrats on your fixes today

I checked you extinfo today and the offsets where 100% correct to what i had worked on yesterday - let not forget to thank Pong for the (J) fix anyway! - I just only did not know that one hex had to be changed 0x0204BA64 - E4 C2 0E EB

Yours is 0x0204BA64 65 C2 0E EB

And i knew in the (J) ROM for infolib - 60 96 04 00 - (U) ROM - 5C 98 04 00

I thought 04 00 should remain the same!

Where did you get my re fix ? - i did add in

0x023fc400
    0x0204eacc

I see i had two lots one with your original last dats - and one re-fixed! - it was the extinfo.dat had some slight corruption - it needed deleting and re-adding manly - its easly done for extinfo to get corrupted no ones flat at all

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Here's my verdict from what I had tested since this morning base on what I experience with my R4 Original v.1.18 with Wood R4 v.1.18 and TTDS v.117a12 running Retro's Latest Dat v.6.40 for this Golden Sun (U) version:

1. Wood R4 v.1.18 : give black screen for both encryted and decrypted rom **
    2. TTDS v.6.40 : work using decrypted rom

** some member said they got it working on Wood R4 though.....I guess its just not my luck this time running it on Wood R4

Basically if you have some game previously running on TTDS v.6.39 or older but now not running on v.6.40 could be because its removed from the latest version or different game ID. What you can do is locate the GAME ID for the games you had been able to run on past version using R4CCE.exe, then locate that game ID inside the extinfo and infolib from the older version and copy paste it to the latest dat using TTDT.exe. Just don't consider to re-distributing it so that Retro not get upset.

Do this on your own for your own use.

Thanks Retro, for deciding to continue your updates. Appreciate it. ;D

14. herriot126

herriot126 Member

works with Wood r4 1.18......im using an original r4, sandisk 2gb card........got it working last night.

15. AmberRei

AmberRei New Member

TTDS 6.40 gave me a white screen... I use it as a secondary boot. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, I made a stupid error... it works!! >_<

16. Prectorian

You'll need to state what cart you're using and what do you mean by secondary boot.

I simply load the YSMENU as normal after replacing the extinfo and infolib in the TTMENU folder, and TICKED the RESET inside YSMENU. Didn't do anything else. Maybe you should get assistance from either Retro or Jhon 591. They are the expert for this.

Edit:

Just saw your editted post after posting it.

17. Jhon 591

looks like infolib.dat need's a check over - extinfio.dat seams fine - the infolib.dat i added of my own yesterday seam black screens

softreset issue ?

18. Prectorian

He just editted his post saying he made a bit of a mistake.

Anyway, I just don't understand why I can't load it on WOOD R4 as it gave me black screen when its suppose to be a "Creating Game Save" once it load. Others said they got it working but not me. Maybe I'm out of luck on this or did something plain silly to missed out what I did wrong.

I'll have to stick with running it on YSMENU for now until a WOOD R4 v.1.19 come out in the future. ;)

Time to play ............ CAO!!!

19. godshinobi

godshinobi Member

Cant get it to work, M3 REAL, YSMENU 6.40, Decrypted Rom...
    white screen... with RESET TICKED... no luck.. any help`?

20. Jhon 591

the rom was released decrypted as it should be