1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The english patched version does not contain much english, only the menu and a few other as far as I know. If I'm not mistaken, it was Kiekoes ( a.k.a Party Kiekoes) who posted the patch file for the JPN version.

As for running on DeSmume, its rather slow but playing around with the setting might help speed it up a bit. I don't use DeSmume, so I can't say much. But here's what I saw on page 4 or 5:

Reme was running the English USA Version by the way. If you need too, just PM his through his posting in page 4 or 5.

2. thao1211

thao1211 Member

yeah it work on r4 now hope it dont freeze

3. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

Ok yeah thanks ill give it a go when I get home

And I can always start now and make saves and if there are patches/updates to DeSmuME or the ROM i can load the saves and continue anyway?

4. Prectorian

For emulators there won't be any patches. The might be for the rom, but yes the save file can still be use even if the rom has been patched. But most likely there will only be some AR codes for emulators.

5. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

What are AR codes/what do they do?

6. Prectorian

Action Replay = AR

Cheat codes made for various uses such as to speed up the game, bypass anti piracy, including cheats to make the game easier such as infinite money, infinite exp. etc.

But it all depand on if anyone will make it or not for DeSmume.

Those playing on No$GBA emulators will need the codes cause right now they can't even load it. It could take days before anyone find those codes.

7. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Any Updates for Edge Users?

8. Prectorian

Not yet...

Today the fix freshly released is for WOOD R4 users.

Only issue for me is that my rom seems to go into black screen once I load the game on Wood R4..... I think I downloaded a faulty rom version. Got no choice but to redownload it from another link...... Annoying.....134MB!!!!! Hell of a long time waiting to download such big file.....Uuuggg!!!

9. tarotmaniac

What's with the hex edit I saw on the previous pages? Doesn't it work for most like KH 358/2 days?

10. himuradrew

himuradrew Member

EDGE users, did any of you get it working on v1.11? :)

11. dragonx456

dragonx456 New Member

Well, currently i can play golden sun dark dawn english version on no$zoomer but its a little laggy
    *Add on, you have to change some of the settings too*

12. Prectorian

That you might have saw was probably from a discussion on editing extinfo.dat and infolib.dat for use on a firmware name TTMENU/YSMENU. Nothing to do with DeSmume. We need those 2 DAT files editted using HEX EDITOR or TTDT to make it able to read and run the game on YSMENU/TTMENU. Only person who got it running on YSMENU is Retrogamefan a.k.a Retro. But he stop providing copies of his work on those 2 DAT files.

13. tarotmaniac

Ahhh I understand a little bit but yeah I get the point of it

14. Prectorian

We're suffering the same issue with the current Wood R4 v.1.18; black screen.

Maybe we should play our consoles under the sun to light up our black dual screens, or bang it on a table. :p

Seriously, I even tried encrypting the rom using eNDcryptS, didn't solve it.

Now I'm in the process of downloading another copy from the link provided by Kiekoes. The one I got right now might be faulty after I open it with HEX EDITOR and an emulator debugging program. Stupid me....I forgot to duplicate it before messing around. :p

Gosh!!! 134MB = 2 hours of waiting for download to complete..... :eek:

15. sAviOrIPX

sAviOrIPX Member

Not sure why people are getting the black screen with the R4 o_O I just replaced the _DS_Menu.dat file and the _rpg folder from the newest Wood 1.18 folder into my R4 (along with all the dstt files) and it worked. Also using a 255MB Dark Dawn copy (XXXX) without any changes.

Maybe if people need the 1.18 Update files they can PM me for a link (If that's allowed of course).

16. Prectorian

What's your Settings inside WOOD R4? I mean from the START option found inside WOOD R4. Maybe it got something to do with that.

17. imp24

imp24 Active Member

it's not currently available for v1.11 though I've seen some saying it oddly works on their EDGE. I visited the flashcart's site and read their recent announcement that they will have an updated firmware within 2 weeks. Hopefully Golden Sun will be considered :)

18. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

this patch works for supercard DSONE eos sp 6

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZB5EYCI

19. Dreamerx3

Dreamerx3 Active Member

when you say "R4 original" do you mean R4 original v1.18? 'cause i'm pretty sure it doesn't work on r4 original v1.18, aside from that, looking for an AP patch for R4 original v1.18.

20. tarotmaniac

I'm hoping a patch or quick fix would come sooner than the firmware update :D