1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Rachel1987

Rachel1987 New Member

Still no love for us CycloDS users. =(

2. falconswrath

falconswrath Member

Yes, it is real,if that is what you are reffering to

3. MyAgent_X

MyAgent_X New Member

The Japanese works fine with my r4i gold's latest firmware.. I hope it's the same for the US hehe

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if its a r4i gold from www.r4ids.cn then you will be able to use wood R4iDSN v1.18 and it will work

5. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

so, did it work on wood 1.18?

6. sAviOrIPX

sAviOrIPX Member

YES IT WORKS! No more errors!

7. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

awesome, too bad i am stuck with my acekard and my sd card that seems to be the error, i guess i'll have to wait for the patch

8. JOHN2008

JOHN2008 Member

Can anyone just provide a download link with the hex edited extinfo and infolib created by jhon . I and other people do not know to hex edit pls

9. iluvfupaburgers

it was wrong, retro came here and said that all the hex was done incorrectly

10. JOHN2008

JOHN2008 Member

So retro has an account in romulation so whats his name so I can read his reply

11. So where do I put the new Wood update on my card? Im using regular R4.

12. iluvfupaburgers

his name is retrogamefan and here is his reply:

13. r3al1s1c

r3al1s1c New Member

My apologies i this is redundant, but the gbatemp website says there's away to have the R4i RTS fimware work on m3 hardware. Would the rom work then? (since it's working on the R4 now...)

14. megabenx

megabenx Member

hmm even when i downloaded r4 wood 1.18 i still get a black screen is there something im missing to make it work?

15. RoM-ee

RoM-ee Well-Known Member

no you can't, even though it's made by the same team, and the cart is similar, they are different, and uses different firmware
    r4idsn's wood will not work on r4i gold. for r4i gold you'll have to wait for the r4i gold team to port it to r4i gold.

16. sAviOrIPX

sAviOrIPX Member

17. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

So most people here are talking about using firmwares and stuff on cartridges and DS hardware to play it.
    I don't have a DS or one of those cartridges so I'm having to emulate on PC
    I've heard the japanese version works well on DeSmuME emulator? Whats the diff between jap version with english patch and proper US English version? and why wouldnt US version work well if jap one does?

Cheers

18. bjdarkprince

bjdarkprince New Member

Mine works with AKAIO 1.8.1 every few tries; also whenever I access the in game menu and exit, I enter battle with a "dim dragon" every time.

19. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The Jpn version with english patch contain the English translation made by a fan. while the US english is the one made by the game developer.

The reason people here talk about it not working is not because the game not work, its because the firmware inside the cart they use with their game console not able to bypass the anti piracy feature made by the game developer.

If you use emulator such as DesMume, you can play it but need to set the setting, see the first few pages of this topic for solution mentioned by someone here.

20. Snowtoad

Snowtoad Member

I see, thanks, but other than maybe slightly different translations, there will be no difference? Will there maybe be some images containing jap text that couldnt be translated etc?

How does DeSuME work with the antipiracy? I hear some people have got it working ok on DeSuME but still not 100% speed and some glitches etc.. what will I/we need to get it working properly?