1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Dementium: The Ward Review - Kiekoes

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by Kiekoes, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

[​IMG]

Story
    Hey I wake up... It's dark.. Where am I? Is this a hospital? Those where the questions I asked myself when I firstly played Dementium: The Ward. The game follows the story of a man, who is having surgery on his brain. Mentally, the man is not well and the doctor sees that the mind of the man is in danger, the doctor creates a dream / nightmare where the man (you) have to fight to survive. The doctor calls this 'The first phase'. In the entire game it is mentioned that there was an accident that involves a man killing his wife and daughter. That man is William Redmoor, the name of the person you play. As you go through the hospital, you have to fight 'experiments' or 'zombies', you have the 'Cheastmaws', the 'Screamers', the 'Crawlers and more. Battle your way through the hospital and find the truth...

[​IMG]

Gameplay
    The gameplay is very good, the graphics are awesome for a DS game and you're always creeped out when you're playing. The zombies / chestmaws always come out a closet unexpectedly which really scared me and gave me nightmares. Also, the enemies are coming out of nowhere, and after defeating them, they disappear into nowhere. I'm left handed so these are the controls for me:

Walk: A/B/X/Y
    Look around: Touch Screen
    Attack: R

I loved the controls, they're super good and handy, the only thing about the controls is when you're with the flashlight and an enemy draws near, you have to change weapons to defeat it and that costs time and health.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Puzzles
    In Dementium: The Ward you must face off some brain bending puzzles, which hints and clues are scattered everywhere in the hospital. This is where the notebook comes in, you can make notes of things you find and see, which you can use for solving puzzles. There is one puzzle in which you have to find photo's, which are scattered everywhere, to unveil a code which you need to open a door.

[​IMG]

Overall
    Overall is this game a must-have for DS owners, FPS Fans and Horror fans. The game is really scary which makes it more enjoyable then any other FPS game on DS.

If you want to try the game, you can download it her:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=46958.0

Graphics: 8/10 - The graphics are really good for a DS game, everything is very detailed and the cutscenes are very enjoyable.
    Gameplay: 9/10 - The gameplay is so good that it's creepy. The only thing is you can't use the flashlight and a weapon at a time.
    Sound: 8/10 - Creepy sounds make the game more scarier.
    Total Score: 8.3/10

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

try dementium 2 its got better graphics and i think you can use a pistol and a flashlight

3. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

I know that, I completed Dementium II, but imo, Dementium: The Ward is much better. A lot scarier.

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

The game looks weirdish. Looks like Left 4 Dead?

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

It's something like that :p Try it! It's very cool :)

6. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Wow, nice review. I want to play it now. :D

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Thanks! :) It was my first review ever! If you want to play it, feel free to download the ROM ;D

8. R. Driscoll

R. Driscoll New Member

I agree in every bit. Yes that is much more scary than Dementium 2.
    Post Merge: [time]1370208229[/time]
    Yes it has much better graphics. But Dementium: D ward is far better.