1. This forum is in read-only mode.

N64DD - Nintendo 64 Disk Drive

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by LuckyTrouble77, Aug 27, 2010.

1. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

ahhhh 64dd it was about as successful as the virtual boy. it never got out of japan so there is no point downloading the roms even if there are any.(unless you know Japanese).

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Or you want a complete rom collection :p
    tbh simcity is easy enough, if you have played the english one, you will easy find your way around simcity64. Its all icons.

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Zelda 64DD never saw the light of day T_T
    http://www.unseen64.net/articles/zelda64-project-development/
    A cut-down version became OoT.
    I'm hoping that the remake of OoT for the 3DS will feature the content that was scrapped for the original OoT (the cynic in me predicts just a lazy port with texture upgrades and touch-screen item selection though).

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Ocarina Of Time Master Quest?

This device is rather interesting. Especially the fact Nintendo made it...

5. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Very doubtful.

I too expect it will be a rather lazy port. Improving textures isn't that big of a deal, but don't forget the 3D effects, they'd have to use that in some way... which doesn't really seem too exciting either.
    Even so, i'm still happy to be seeing this come to a handheld, i pray that MM will follow.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yes Master Quest LOL!

I couldn't get the actual title off my mind that I just used "enhanced" as a substitute for it.

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I considered Master Quest, tried it, and couldn't even get everything in the Great Deku Tree at the very beginning of the game. I mean, I beat the place, but there was lots left undone. I do have the Gamecube disc with the original and Master Quest though (pre ordering Wind Waker ftw).

I'm glad they didn't put OoT on the N64DD. Then I probably wouldn't of been able to play it on my old N64. :p

8. Sheith

Sheith Active Member

Sorry to get sidetracked, but if OoT was truly planned to have those features, I'll bet you guys can guess what's gonna be added to the newest Zelda game ;)
    (They dont call it downloadable content for nothing!)

9. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

shit, i really hope the 3ds doesn't go down that road with downloadable content, ripp off.

10. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Speaking of Master Quest, was I the only one that sucked so bad I barely advanced at all in Zelda II?

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, Zelda 2 is probably the hardest Zelda game.

12. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Zelda 1 and 2 are the hardest. I only found the first dungeon in Zelda 1, and I found no dungeons in Zelda 2.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Not hardest per se, more like the most annoying one EVER!

The first Legend of Zelda is not that hard, you just didn't know how to play right :p

As for Zelda 2, what do you mean you didn't find any dungeon!? Didn't you even enter any cave in the starting area at all? What about the towns?

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I entered every cave and town I could on Zelda 2. One time, I was playing on a cart that couldn't save for some reason, and I DID somehow find a hammer, but I don't remember how I did that. That time I played was the only time I came close to finding a dungeon.

And on Zelda 1, I found the first dungeon, but I couldn't find the second, even with a strategy guide to tell me exactly where dungeon 2 was.

15. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Yeah, 1 was hard but it was still ok, you just had to plan what you were doing, instead of blindly walking about.
    I only found 2 shitty about halfway through, progression gets way too slow, too much retracing your steps once you died.

What about LttP, did you find that too hard Inunah?

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I've played all the Zeldas and Zelda 2 for me, is the hardest, hands down, no doubt in my mind. Damn Darknuts or whatever they're called. And there's a couple parts in the game near the start that are brutal, those axe wielding lizard guys take off so much health and have an absurd amount of health.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Ah yes those guys. But did you even try level grinding a bit before you entered caves & or Dungeons? In this regard what I always do is power up Link's sword level first, followed by his Heart level with Magic always last.

Also, you really don't have to kill everything in sight, if all else fails you could just high tail it out of an area to survive.

Boss battles were the toughest thing in LttP I wouldn't lie, but the game's pacing was not that hard at all.

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

lol those bitches, you could use shield magic to soften the blows.
    Beating most enemies in 2 was all down to timing your attacks and blocking projectiles with your shield.
    Which is why it was great, they were capable of slaughtering you, the bosses are too easy in the present games, you can beat them first time with little hassle usually.