1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MY WII IS BRICKED!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I'm not paying. I'm gonna continue to try fixing up my wii. I think I can back up my nand from a third party application. Since only Softmii cbooy2 loads, I can only run .dol files. Any suggestions?
    Post Merge: [time]1265936701[/time]
    I know the issue. I installed a stubbed version of IOS60, even though it was patched, it replaced the non-stubbed version. So I need a patched IOS60 that is not stubbed. That means I need version v6174 that has all three patches. I can than release I tutorial on how to unbrick the wii.
    Post Merge: [time]1265937671[/time]
    PS, just to clarify, I am using bootmii as boot2.

2. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

Ive been meaning to post this here a while ago when i first see what happened to your wii....
    I installed a system wad v289 that I got ....and It totally screwed up my wii...ENTER "the black screen of death".
    Ive tried everything under the sun and nothing seems to work....
    I pretty thourough doing things the way its suppose to go...I was under the impression that wad was some type of add-on or addition to what i had already had....NOT!...I cant even get the Gamecube controller trick to work...I tried the Unbricking disk..no go....Maybe some will read this and maybe give me some in site on what to do...In the meantime I bought a newer WII and if you try to install any unauthorized software the will shut the wii down and you have to send it out to Nintendo to fix it and I think Its more to fix it than to buy a new one...SO I left it alone...lol

Good Luck
    8)

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

THAT sucks. I am creating an unbrick pack if I could just get it to work. You need bootmii installed as boot2.

4. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

are you dead yet?

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

HUH? No. I have no idea what you are talking about... I am trying my best to fix my wii.

6. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

Yeah thats what i didnt do...so i think im screwed

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I'm screwed too. I attempted to uninstall all IOSes and reinstall them using wad manager, but that did not help. I accidentally unbugged IOS36, which screwed me over. I need a modchip now...

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep. That'll mess it up. :(

Hope you can work it out.

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Do you know anyone that could repair it... I'm overly depressed today, and I have the flu. I need a cheap modchip. And I am NOT sending my wii to nintendo...

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I personally don't know anyone who can unbrick a Wii without all of the necessary files. :(

But check at the Wiihacks forums and see what is offered there.

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I have all the IOSes installed. I just don't have my sysios bugged...

12. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay. I am gonna try again, since I finally got a couple DVD-Rs. I need to mod my GC controller and burn UUDv2 on the DVD. It works on all Wii's, and all you need to do is a SaveMiiFrii and a Semi Modded Gamecube controller. I need to whip out my triwing screwdriver if I can find it, mod my controller, put my NAND backup and a new system menu wad on my SD card, and run it on WAD manager... DAMN.

If that doesn't work, I have LCUD and I will install the required IOSes to run it using Wad Manager from the disc, then use THAT to install system menu 4.2.

If that STILL does not work, MODCHIP TIME!

And if that does not work... NEW WII TIME!

13. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

good luck with that.

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Can anyone PM me with bootmii files from the SD card? that would mean a ton to me.

15. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

lol my wii is fully fully bricked lie it wont even like turn on....
    need to send back to nintendo or scam a guy like making pay to istall my modchip and then when he turns on my wii it wont turn on....lol

16. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

The most common brick problem is uninstalling a system wad by accident. I did that, so I could update my wii.

17. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay, I really need them bootmii files....

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What exactly do you need?

Boot2 right?

Or BootMii as IOS?

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

boot2. You don't have them, cause I PMed you and you said you don't have them. I found cBoot2 files, but I have not used them yet. And yes, I said cboot2.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah...

I was half asleep when I was typing that I think. :p

Have you asked on other forums as well. Such as wiihacks perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.