1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MY WII IS BRICKED!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I already suggested that and no luck... :p

but join the wiihacks forum and post and see what they say.

They are wii hacking experts over there!

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay. I'm still gonna try harder. I have not used to last chance update disc, because I can't burn it on a DVD+R...

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay, new idea. I am gonna use the bootmii from softmii setup.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I use PriiLoader now.

Is softmii like Priiloader?

5. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

dude, is there anyway you can wipe everything and reload it back on? I think you can find it on google/megaupload, dude, you need to work fast...

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not unless he has BootMii as Boot2 or has some kind of firmware that loads before the System Menu (like PriiLoader).

7. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

aahhhh, i'm really not good at this. sorry dude, if i can find out what files an unbrikked wii has, I could give it to you.

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Softmii is pretty much what allows disc use of isos, without a modchip. I really hope that I can get a modchip soon for my wii, so I can run last chance unbrick. Any ideas on where to grab one CHEAP and without using a soldergun?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The Wiikey is the only one that I know of that doesn't require Soldering. :p

Check around the net and google 'no solder wii mod-chips".

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

DriveKey (EXPENSIVE) and WiiKey (EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE) DriveKey with Solderless Clip (EXPENSIVE, but not as much), Wasabi DX with clip(Middle, still too much). Cheapest is this : http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/wiikey-modchip-official-w-hologram-and-free-triwing-phillips-screwdriver.html

But you need to solder it. My mom needs to find her old soldering iron though... that will freak her out if I try to solder the wii.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I personally will never use a modchip or solder anything to my game system, but that's just me speaking from experience. :)

12. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/argon-1.8-modchip-bundle-w-free-triwing-phillips-screwdriver.html

If I don't get the Softmii bastard to work, I will use this.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nice choice.

Seems very good for it's price.

Just watch out for shipping prices. :p

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

No worries, I get free shipping AND 50% off the item using a coupon code.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh good! :)

That'll save you some money in the long-run.

16. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Actually it's 8 bucks shipping... DAMN. 18 ish dollars total.

Okay, but thank god I got bootmi to work! YESH. Okay, I need to grab a cIOS 60.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You got BootMii to work?

You may be in luck!

18. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

Good Luck soldering that....you need mad soldering skills to get it to work right....the soldering points are the size of a pencil point and the newer wii's are more difficult to access....Hope it works Bro!

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I got my Wii early 08. It's a bitch to solder I know. THANK GOD I GOT SOFTMII TO WORK! When I unbrick my wii eventually ( I STILL NEED A DVD-R) , I will make an unbrick tutorial. What Softmii does it redirects the boot sequence to a boot.dol in the root of the memory stick. So that means I can use wad manager, and install preloader. Maybe I won't have to use LCUD. (The unbrick disc.)

20. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

you know there are places that do that for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.