1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Roommates are Idiots and D!(K$

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Lephantome92, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Yay college. I was lucky enough to get stuck w 2 roommates from Hell.
    Here's how they're dicks: Both like to stay up till at least 1 AM on weeknights. Back home, I would be in bed and nearly asleep between 11PM-12AM. As a bit of a compromise, I started going to bed around midnight, if not somewhat after. Well, even though I stayed up that late for them, they still were bitching and moaning. I'm thinking Sorry I have epilepsy and have no idea what the trigger is. I'm sorry that I try to go to bed at a decent hour to make sure lack of sleep isn't a factor. Why must you be such dicks about me making a compromise that seems fair?
    And here's how they're idiots: We have a break coming up on Wednesday. Well, one is totally blowing off all classes, and the other is skipping all but one. Sorry for sounding like a snobby prick, but why can't they do what Imma do and just sit through classes? I guess it all has ta do w/ morals. And this is by far NOT the first time either have skipped classes. One of them is much worse at skipping classes, and he's a friggin' biology major!! (Jeeze I can't believe how snotty I'm sounding) Why is it soooooooo hard to just attend the few classes they have each day, like I do? I'm preeeeeeeeeeety sure I'm taking the most classes of any of us, and I have 18 credits. I think they're just doing the bare minimum. As the infamous saying goes "People are idiots." (Caution: more snottiness ahead) I've yet to skip any classes. Yes, I've been late a few times, but that was it.

And HOLY FUCKWADS I can't believe how snotty I sound in that paragraph!

EDIT: Another reason they're dicks: Despite all attempts of working out an agreement for all of us to at least be a little softer when anyone else is sleeping, they still keep their videogames up INSANELY loud. The other night, some of the guys down the hall came to complain to my roommates, and, sorry for how gay this will sound, but I was thinking My heroes!!. At any rate, my roommates won't be problems for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much longer. The AC in this building is gonna be shut off over the spring semester, so we have the option of moving to a different building, as long as we have a doctor's note. Well, with the epilepsy w/out a known cause and the fact that I've had heat stroke, my parents are making a call to see if my doc will write a letter.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Without reading the topic: don't let yourself go down by a bunch of stupid people. I had a rough time in my last year of secundairy school because of that... My class was sometimes a battlefield...

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i dont know what to think. you would hate having me as roommate than, i go to sleep at 2-3am. and skipping class. well, it is idiot, but its like part of college experience, first time being independents and doing what ever they want. parties, friends, videogames. everyone i knew did it at some point, its just inevitable. besides, skipping class doesnt really matter if at the end you study by yourself and learn anyways. that is why many classes dont even take attendance :p

4. Jonez001

Well, I can sometimes also go to sleep pretty late but I try to respect my room mate. If I want continue to party... and my roommate is going to our room... I would try to get silently in the room so that I won't wake him.

If I would like to play a game and you are irritated by the sound I would use headphones... So they don't know respect your roommates.

5. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Though, I can see why the loud volume would really get annoying, I don't see why their cutting class would affect you. You don't seem to be friends with them.

Anyway, If you were thinking "my heroes!!" when others intervened, why don't you do the same and directly confront them while they're playing?

6. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

If confronting them wont work, be a nightmare. make urself the worst roommate to live with untill they wanna leave. then agree to being good if they chill out.

7. Lephantome92

Like I said in the edit, so long as i can acquire a dr's note before 11-29, i won't hafta worry about them for much longer anymore. then i just need to hope i get put with someone who goes to bed college early like i do. plus, if i'm just a dick back to them, what does that accomplish in the long run? zilch. zero. nada.
    i've tried so many times its useless to try anymore. dr's note, hopefully. of course for a while (since after i had m 1st seizure here) my rd has wanted to have a leisurely lunch w me, so if i can't get a dr's note, i can ask my rd if i can then change because it's gone from dorm sweet room to dorm sweet hell.

EDIT: I know I'm being a hypocrite compared to earlier, but I decided to be a dick back to the one who obsesses w/ Skyrim- I simply posted a summary of the ending as my Facebook status. Yeah, the 3 of us used to be good friends, but obviously now that friendship has been cut. Just like in high school, I'm "cast out of the loop" and hafta fend for myself, wishing to know what is going on.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

put it this way, if they're skipping classes they won't graduate, and you probably will. So you'll get your revenge eventually.

9. Jonez001

Sounds like my class a bit too :p

10. Lephantome92

ugh. now my chin randomly hurts after the extremely brief time they let me sleep. i wish there was a way to prove or disprove my suspicions as to if it was cuz of a seizure or not. i have minor epilepsy, and we have absolutely no idea what the trigger is. they really know how to piss me the fuck off. if my chin does hurt because of a seizure, then that is my third seizure in 3 months. when i was at home, if i had a seizure, they were normally 4-5 months apart. my max was one year+one week without an episode.

11. Jonez001

It is a long shot but is it possible to get another room?

12. Lephantome92

well, w the ac (see above), if i can get a dr's note i can move, and even if i can't, i can still probs get a new room.

13. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

complain to the principal of the university. By law you can't make noise at night after a certain hour. (Here in Brazil its 22:00 pm).

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that law only applies to noise that can be heard outside of your house, if they're room mates it won't apply. You should have grounds to request to be moved to a different room if you say that you have reason to believe your interrupted sleep is causing problems with your epilepsy.

15. Lephantome92

don't worry, i'll find a way, and "legally" change rooms.

16. Jonez001

So did you change rooms now?

17. Lephantome92

Juuuuuuuuuust about to. hopefully before december comes. i definitely DONT wanna go on next to no sleep while taking finals!!

18. Jonez001

Good luck man.

19. Lephantome92

something my dad said that could explain why this happened is cuz im in a triple. he said all of this at homehome, not dormhome. he said that theres usually an odd one out in triples, and i was the "lucky'' one. lol one thing i posted on fbook a while back was "dear roommates from hell,
    if you wanted me to leave sooner, all you had to do was talk to the RD to get me evicted. that would have been much easier, faster, and involved much less rage.
    sincerely,
    your roommate from hell"
    if my next roommate doesnt work out, then im thinking about just trying to suffer through the rest of the semester so i at least have some credits, then transferring to a different college.

20. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

God, you sound boring as fook.