1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My pokemon Team

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by hlw_rocer, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

@Faune: Well, if you ever feel like getting into battling, you should know who I am on IRC. =P

Anyway, Spiritomb is basically a retarded Dusknoir with Sucker Punch and no weaknesses. It may have passable Defense and Special Defence (base 108 in each) and slightly higher max HP, but Dusknoir outclasses it in the role of tank and attacker, as well as having access to the always-useful Rapid Spin. Sucker Punch may be good, but there are pokemon (like Honchkrow) that pull it off much more effectively from a higher base attack while retaining immunity to Psychic-type moves (which are what you should be switching into with Spiritomb anyway).

@hlw_rocer: Can I suggest a slightly offensive set for a Cresselia for one slot, and possibly a Heracross/Breloom for the other?

- Lucario should be packing Close Combat and Extremespeed, as well as either Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Ice Punch, or Crunch.
    - Cresselia should probably be running the following:
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Moonlight / Rest
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave / Charge Beam / Psychic

- Heracross can run a number of sets well, but this is a Choice Band set which makes use of his obscene attack:
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Pursuit

- Breloom (which should always have a Toxic Orb and Poison Heal) does well with abusing Spore, the most efficient sleep-inducing move in the game:
    ~ Spore
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Seed Bomb
    ~ Stone Edge / Facade

or

~ Substitute
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Spore

- Put Dragon Dance or Stone Edge on your Garchomp's last slot.

2. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

lol oh yeah my bad hah it was 8 in the morning when i was posting still alseep . but i juust posted him cause he dosent have anythign super effective never said he was good ahah but mitoc is good

3. faune

faune Well-Known Member

I definitely do. P: I almost called you by that here on the forum, but I forgot that not everyone goes to the IRC, so some may be confused by it~

Anyway, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get into competitive battling because of all the non-legit players in existence. I was told people use Pokesav to get level 1 Pokemon that they can customize, but I find it hard to believe that they're not going to mess with nature and IVs too. It's just depressing that no one wants to play the game right, and for that reason, I haven't even spent much time playing Platinum. I only have two badges. ):

4. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Yeah, everyone with a custom flash cart can actually use Pokesav which is sad, because it actually allows you to do EVERYTHING with the game.. seriously.

5. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

ok my new team
    Garchomp:
    Dragon Dance
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Milotic:
    Water pulse
    Blank
    Blank
    Blank
    Lucario:
    Extreme speed
    and some other moves
    Gengar:
    Thunderbolt
    psychic
    Shadow ball
    Dark pusle
    Blissey:
    Soft boil
    Sysmeic toss w/e the spelling is XD
    blank forgot
    blank forgot
    Scizor:
    Blank
    Blank
    BLank
    Blank

yay

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Depressing indeed. I spend hours breeding for IVs and Natures. Having said that, I do sometimes use Pokesav to edit moves that would take an excessive amount of breeding to otherwise achieve or are available in very limited numbers. EV training's all done manually, but I use Rare Candies to get to L100 if the Pokemon's going to be used in local battles.

I understand fairness' sake, but at the same time I like playing against friends, and I just don't always have the time to put into training to L100.

@hlw_rocer: Did you read my previous post? I have some ideas in there for you.

7. hlw_rocer

yaeh i read it XD but i didnt want cressilia XD i decided to go scizor instead of heracross also

8. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Scizor is better then heracross IMO.

9. vincent_val3ntine

vincent_val3ntine Active Member

My Team (Pokemon Platinum):
    Empoleon(Lv69)
    Lucario(Lv 48)
    Gardevoir(Lv 46)
    Staraptor(Lv 48)
    Magmortar(Lv 40)
    Electrivire(Lv 50)

10. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

my team Platinum (Im at the legeau)
    Empoleon LV 69
    Yanmega LVL 62
    Giratina LVL 47
    Infernape LVL 60
    PLasma ( rotom) LVL 60
    Torterra LVL 61 plz rate

11. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Ok I've got better:

Garchomp lvl91
    Infernape lvl77
    Raichu lvl72
    Empoleon lvl78
    Mewtwo lvl72
    Salamence lvl55 --> working on it ;)

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Same here, but i just sell rarecandy as it seems their stats don't raise as high (i'm pretty obsessive)

And i don't think i've ever raised a pokemon to lv100 (only using the speed cheat on pokemon stadium 2 for the gold and silver games :D)

13. hlw_rocer

lol i've accually raised a lvl 100 legit in fire red, my mewtwo XD
    btw how do u put pokesav into a USRCHEAT file? XD

14. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

I have raised a tons of pokemon to lvl100 in a legit way of course. A lvl100 Blaziken, Swampert, Rayquaza, Zapdos, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Aerodactyl, Lugia, Jolteon, Electabuzz, Espeon, Lapras, Feraligatr. I think those are those :D

15. hlw_rocer

so is there any way to put pokesav things into a ar code and put it into a USRCHEAT file?
    edit
    Ok my new, and final edited team,
    Garchomp
    Nature Adament
    Moves
    dragon dance
    flamethrower
    earthquake
    dragonclaw

Mew
    Nature Timid
    Moves