1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Limewire died...

Discussion in 'General News' started by Griffandir14, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well....i don't know how else i could get my music without buying it.....i'm not rich....

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Music needs to die off.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

WHY?!?!?! you can't say classical music doesn't make it easier to sleep!

4. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

try playing a guitar i bought an acoustic for $16 or Grooveshark.com (listen for free no need for membership)

all these programs suck, i wouldnt use them.. get a bittorrent client and stop using spyware/malware to download spyware/malware haha

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i don't have very good fine motor skills, i'm unable to play any instruments, and bit torrent takes forever to get the stuff, any more ideas i can shoot down?

6. Dannysikth

Dannysikth Well-Known Member

While I agree with that statement. Frostwire is based on limewire and you should always update the programme when prompted or *virus*
    And you should scan your downloads before opening the files.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

even if you don't open it, some viruses can spread.

8. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

you never said shit about grooveshark so i dont see that one getting shot down

ill never understand how people can bitch about a download being slow when its FREE.....* hint find more trackers ;)

another idea, get a job i hear they give you money

people bitch because things costs money, then bitch because they have to wait to get it free... the scum of the internet world.. those people arent pirates they're greedy little bottom feeders. dont be one. be happy that you can even get it free..

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if i got ways of getting it fast (which i do) i will! so if i don't have to use a slow program, i'm not gonna, so i'm not complaining about it!

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You have to play around with settings for torrents to download faster, like port forwarding, that's the most common one.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yeah torrents are not slow, I've had line speed easily (on a 100mbit connection).

12. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

and to be 100% honest ive havent received one virus via torrent

plus torrents are great for dialup users as some download managers lose the download randomly or server connection errors

the only program i used was Morpheus (which still sucked) and i stopped using it the day i found torrents

13. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

Limewire died that malware extinct? it's about time to, so use something safer like bearshare. I mean imesh is worst.

14. Loonylion

bearshare is just as bad as limewire. Bittorrent is the only safe form of p2p.

15. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

I use bearshare and it's safe and i am not infected.

16. Loonylion

it is NOT safe. Just because you may have been lucky doesn't make it safe.

17. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

All forms of filesharing are ultimately only as safe as the weakest link in the chain, that being the end user. I've used a whole plethora of methods in the past with no problems, that is because I practice safe hex ;)

18. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the bad thing of torrents is that its still p2p, so there is always that chance of getting virus.
    i usually use mediafire or megaupload to download stuff. ive found them safer. i still use torrents though to download things i cant find easily :)

19. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

There are still chances of viruses from Mediafire/Megaupload.... Bit Torrent has an advantage that decent private trackers have inbuilt quality control, the users. If something is wrong it will be noted, the uploader will be banned etc

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can still get viri from MU and MF...It's not as safe as bittorrent like loony has been saying. :p
    I have been using bittorrent a lot more than I ever used to. I can say that it is a lot better than direct download most of the time for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.