1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My friend + his own GF would = a much more normal life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treec_cynda, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:)

Chookas gang. Beat that!

2. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Never had a gf. EVER. I think I turned out just fine.

And before you start, tree; It's not that I never thought about it, it's more that I've already seen my future, and regardless of my meddling with time, the result is invariably the same.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Oh boy, yay for nihilism.

4. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

eh...what?

...now I have a headache from looking that up, none of it made much sense. Thanks for that.

5. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Ok guys. My point is: if it's true that he doesn't want a girlfriend, he's not fighting too hard. My reasoning so far is if he loses the possibility of his valid excuse (i.e. if his brother gets hit by a bus), he is the only male left in his immediate family and thus probably could use a girlfriend.

Eat that.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Irrelevant.

7. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Is it legal to insult an admin?

Just, before I do.

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

You're just retarded teenagers. You shouldn't be worrying about that sort of thing anyways.

9. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck.

10. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I still stand by my opinion. Don't force him if he doesn't want any.

Just make sure it's witty. Witty insults can be worth a laugh or two. Immature insults can result bans. I think. Aw hell, you get a ban either way. Just make sure you make it worthwhile.

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

In other words, he NEEDS to have one? Dear lord, give people the time & space to find that one girl they want. Forcing people into finding the one love gives bad results AND that isn't your goal is it?

12. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

lol do you live in the past? There is no need to continue your family anymore, is he part of the royal family??

13. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

May I say:

14. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

lololololol youre worrying about family legacy on middle school? really?! maybe in the middle ages when people died at 40 and had to get married at the age of 15. youre still in middle school, dont worry about stuff like that. focus on other things, school, friends, all that stuff kids should be doing, why do kids want to grow up so fast. i havent had a girlfriend, seems too much responsability, but trust me, that doesnt mean i havent had fun with girls :p. and i plan on having one, but not yet, just dont force someone in getting a girlfriend yet

15. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Why do get I the strangest feeling that the only reason you want him to have a girlfriend is so that you can ask him what it feels like to get laid.

Not accusing you of anything, it's just a feeling.

16. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

what if your friend gets hit by a bus?

now go play in traffic please.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I hope you're not like this in real life.

18. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

I never thought a middle school student could be so imature...

19. tehrmc08

tehrmc08 Active Member

What on earth are you thinking? Girlfriends, particularly at the middle school/high school age are usually extremely stressful. If something bad were to happen to your friend (as in your suggestion), getting a girlfriend would likely only make things worse. I have observed this in MANY friends. There are ups AND downs to girlfriends. It's not all sunshine and lollipops.
    The solution to those problems (via girlfriend) is to have the foresight to know that something like that is going to happen and to already have a dependable girlfriend. Seeing as this is borderline impossible (if not entirely impossible), your point is moot.
    The more appropriate solution to those problems is that you, as a good friend, help your friend and make sure you're there for him. When something like your brother getting hit by a bus happens, you don't make new friends and lean on them, you aren't in any kind of shape to do something like that. You lean on the friends you already have.
    Fortunately, since this problem is imaginary, you don't have to worry about that. I mean, it is imaginary, right? :eek:
    The large problem is that you are trying to force someone into something. I usually find that when I feel the chains of obligation, I desire less to do that which is required of me. However, given my own free will, I would nonetheless carry out the same tasks (sometimes). You could suggest it to him, but don't drag him into something he doesn't want. Please don't even drag him into something he does want, he can walk on his own two feet.
    (To be fair, though, you could give him a small push, but make sure that he is the one with the final say [not just that he THINKS he has the final say, he has to actually be in control of his choices], but be careful about this. When I say a small push, I mean a SMALL push.)

20. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

I speak for a lot of people who see this thread, but we are laughing even more as this thread continues on.

Right now though, this thread looks to be one sex change away from a Jerry Springer show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.