1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My dad hates it when I take videos, using a picture camera!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by garychencool, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it sounds like hes a technophobe.

2. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

@loony He is not much of a technophobe. He has a Pc with Internet and he uses it a lot. He downloads (stuff) and he is always on the internet. Wheter it's reading news from China to watching movies. We have an HDTV that is like 5 years old. I would say that he is a cheap kind of dad. He wouldn't allow my mom to buy a laptop for her work. She eventually bought it in March 2009. He was mad but he got over it.

He said that he doesn't want me to get a camcorder because he thinks that I will go crazy and not care about my work.

FALSE!!!!!!!

He bought me the digital camera I was talking about before my farewell event. I didn't go "crazy" He said that I'm still in the school year. I told him that I wanted a camcorder to record my grad trip to Ottawa (in one and a half weeks) with friends.

I wanted to buy a camcorder before my trip to China before August. I didn't get it. All I got during the trip that I actually enjoyed was awesome pictures and a few videos. Followed by a 4GB SD card that my mom bought. She is like the only person taht will actually "Buy me things"

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

having lot of money doesnt mean you should live like a king. your father most likely a person who will spend on what necessary, he doesnt need power lock, so he dont need to upgrade them.

being cheap is also mean he is a wise spender.

also go find a part-time job to fund your hobby.

4. garychencool

I think that it is nessesary. My grade 8 grad is coming up. He bought a camera for my grade 6 grad. Why not camcorder for this one? The next one is in 4 years.

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect my parents to support my hobbies. Most of them only care about status and stuff.

6. garychencool

Well, either way my mom will look into it. So I might get it this weekend. We will save $130 in Future Shop (savings+using gift card). But still, my dad is still like this.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If you can't do it right then don't do it at all.

8. garychencool

What do you mean when I can't do it right??? I can take pictures and videos. Is just that I don't have the equipment for videos.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

What I mean is don't bother with poor quality videos/pictures/cameras/(insert any item here).
    It boggles my mind how many people take videos with a point and shoot camera, or even take pictures with a point and shoot camera...

10. garychencool

The reason why people do that is because they "like" the convience of having an all in one camera. Plus, most of the time, you would probably have your picture camera and not your camcorder. Is just that people don't know that it's horrible.

11. Loonylion

When in south africa I actually figured out how to use a still camera AND a camcorder at the same time.

12. garychencool

Let me guess, :D you attatched a picture camera to your camcorder. ;D

13. Loonylion

no, I have two hands.

14. garychencool

Right, I forgot to add that on the previous post. ;D

15. nairobie

nairobie Member

id so agree with that, then i remember my mom buying me $500 worth of boots and a $400 shotgun, not to mention the gaming consoles and games i got as presents while growing up... think im going to have to go tell my mom shes great..