1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MY CAREER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danielbhatt, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

The video game industry isn't exactly the most stable one.
    Why not just get yourself a real job and keep your hobbies seperate to that, instead?
    Mixing hobbies with your career is never a good idea, and with the way things are going it's not exactly the best idea to put fun over stability.

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

You sir, have no entrepreneurial experience! Both of those options are bad choices to start a business in. Also, if you have no accounting skills, you can definitely throw these ideas out the door, as your business will get hampered by accounting audits.

3. danielbhatt

danielbhatt Well-Known Member

So pursuing a career is not easy .
    I live in India . Final year in high school with science subject.
    After that you all know how much Struggle we have to do !
    Getting admission in good colleges here is very tough .
    First the caste system which makes most of the seats reserved . In all fields even in politics .
    Secondly here studies are tougher than others ,scoring is tough and if scored there are enough children in competition which than covers all the seats of good colleges .
    After that comes average students which leave them in average, very costly colleges having very bad placements.
    And coming to gaming industry i already said here its very costly studying animation , vfx courses in India and my family cannot afford this much of money .
    So its now ultimately comes on me to earn myself and then pursue further studies !

4. Hi, this one might sound like a hijack so sorry about it :p But, are you used to hang out at PCW forums? You sound pretty familiar....

5. danielbhatt

No!

6. danielbhatt

Hey everybody
    I scored 64% marks in science stream in my final year of high school . Can anybody suggest me good universities in abroad where i can pursue a good degree.
    I AM UPSET WITH MY SCORE BUT STILL I WANT TO DO HARD WORK AND GET ADMISSION IN GOOD COLLEGES.

7. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Best University - Best Korea. I hear it's the best.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What you're asking for is too general, too wide.

If you want proper suggestion, the very least you should state which countries and study major that you have in mind. However, frankly having 64% passing grade isn't good enough to get yourself into high end university outside India. Also given the language that you know is Tamil and English (unless you know other international language), your orientation should be to an English speaking country only (at least until you reach bachelor degree). Going to a non-English speaking country causes language barrier for you, which very unlikely you can overcome within short period. Going to such non-English speaking country + your mid range score, you might ended up frustrated by having to cope with language barrier, social barrier, cultural shock, not to mention having to cope with studying subjects not in a language you're native to. I've seen and heard many Indian students flopping badly in their studies, and in their ability to blend with their peers as a result of language barrier. Best re-consider your options.

9. danielbhatt

I know English and Hindi language i want to study in USA . I know my score is bit less but still there is hope for good universities i want to study computer science or IT.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

america in particular is very picky about who they let in, I doubt your grades are good enough, especially not for what is considered a 'good' university in the US

11. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I'm not sure what/how you sought/consider/define a university as 'good'. What is good enough for you may not be for others. In any case with 64% passing score, it won't be easy to get yourself into a 'good' university abroad, at least not into any world top ranking universities. You probably could fair better aiming for those within the mid-range rank categories. Try visiting an 'overseas study fair' or consult an 'overseas education bureau' in your country/city. Bring along your education record and certificates, there you can get professional advice on which university you should try consider enrolling into, and which country with better rank that would accept your fair result.

12. danielbhatt

Okay thanks for your advice .:)