1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My 1st cup of wine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Feb 17, 2009.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i love long island ice teas they are the business. i found them by asking the barman for something that is going to f**k me up and he made me one.
    drank a few and was very pissed, taste awesome too.

cjdogger stop trying to sound hard beer is nothing special, its sounds more like you've never been out drinking. if you'd had you'd know the magic of cocktails and even an alcohopop (easy holding when your dancing)

the only drink that matters id the first few after that you don't care, that's how people end up doing Jägermeister (tastes like cough syrup)

any way i love every now and again a good baileys or cocktail with some in.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Beer is awesome, i'm not trying to act 'hard' as my skin is soft ::) Cocktails are either too sweet or too sickly for me. It's not about getting super p*ssed dude... It's meant to taste nice

3. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

nothing with alcohol in it is meant to taste good, unless it is belgium wheat ale...

4. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I have a good recipe to stop drinking, tried it myself, so i know it works :)

When i turned 15 i used to go out with friends to the "Bunker" pub, it used to be an air raid shelter back in WW2. And the nice scent of of toilets greeted you (more like beating you in the head with an iron bar), when you entered. It was the *ONLY* pub that had a jukebox (with metal songs) and a billiard table. I learned to drink vodka here. Kinda got addicted to the stuff, even drank it at home :( Well 2 years later at a New Year's Eve party, my friends wanted to get me drunk (i'm fat, so i have high alcohol tolerance or i didn't drink so much as to get myself drunk) so they poured TWO damn bottles of vodka in me.

Everything was kinda ok, but nature started calling and the only "toilet" far and wide was a heap of dung in the backyard. It was being used the whole day. So i went there and everyone was screaming: "Look! Luke's drunk, for the first time in his life!" It was hard to maintain my balance, so i unzipped my pants and fell straight into the soft and warm pile of dung.

Took me a damn week to get the stench out of my hair, but the worst thing was that i embarrased myself infront of the gal i liked. She hasn't spoken a word with me up to the present day...

So i stopped drinking alcohol that day. And i haven't had a single drop from that time.

5. bleh_asura

bleh_asura Well-Known Member

bad luck for you then XD

6. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I've learned to drink wine. The first few wines I had didn't taste very ood, but once you have to drink it at activities like dinners, you start to appreciate it. Note that there really is a huge difference in wines, as seph told you. And I don't know the difference between them either.

You have to learn to drink it. It's the same with drinking beer or whiskey. We had a whiskey tasting event which I had to attend, so my friends gave me a glass of whiskey every day the whole week before the event, just to make sure I would like the taste. Good thing was that I really liked it after the first glass.

Drinking alcohol can be good, just don't drink too much too often. It ruins your week.

7. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Oh gosh. That sucks.

Btw, nomercy, can I steal your siggy or is it something you made yourself?

8. ultra

ultra Guest

generally speaking, vodka or any neutral base liquor is very good because not only can you drink it bare [as it is] but you can create your own concoctions. i generally like to mix sprite, flavored soft drink [such as fruit punch] and the vodka or neutral base liquor. this softens the bitter taste and burn of the liquor due to the sugar and dilution of the liquor with the other liquids.

if you want to get the hang of very hard flavored wine or what not, use a neutral base drink such as sprite. i sometimes do this for red wine because i don't want that heavy flavor, so i would typically mix in sprite with wine. it softens up the flavor and it's like a mild wine cooler.

not everyone will like the methodology of how i like to drink alcohol, but whatever works for you is fine. additionally, there are other sorts of creations that one can make if one experimented here and there. so have fun and be responsible.

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

So basically lemonade makes it easier to drink and less sickly?

10. Girogex

Girogex Guest

We dont. You do.

11. ultra

ultra Guest

in reference to wine or liquor? if it's to liquor yes but wine no because lemonade isn't a neutral base as sprite. sprite is lemony but mild in the lemony flavor [you taste the lemon but it's faint].

anyone tried vodka with lemonade coolata? ;D
    lemonade coolata is a beverage sold at dunkin donuts. if you buy a lemonade coolata, it has a strong lemon flavor as well as a sweet taste. the sour and sweetness of the drink mixed with the vodka will mildly kill the bitter vodka flavor.

as a side note, when creating your own concoction, please be aware [if it's possible] of your drinking. what tends to happen is that since you're masking or distilling the alcohol, it may lead to greater consumption which may lead you to become drunk. so please be responsible and discretion is warned.

12. equitypetey

not a vodka fan there are much better drinks to drink and no one drinks vodka unless they intend to get drunk.

southern comfort and coke is nice

now this bad boy is my favorite drink ever
    [​IMG]
    (its cider by the way, british cider to be more correct which means its awesome not like the rest of the worlds weak ass cider)
    tastes like lemonadey pear juice (cause its pear cider) so its awesomely refreshing in the summer but by golly does it get you pissed

13. Amanda Trinh

Amanda Trinh Member

I rather drink a slurpee at 7 11.

14. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

BURN!!!! That guy got pwned...

This is my choice when I want drunk to taste delicious...and a bleeding gut

[​IMG]

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    This is what I drink on the rare occasions I drink alcohol

and when I'm in the US I drink this:

[​IMG]

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't drink often, but if I'm out at a dinner with business members, and we are having a couple beers, I'll drink Killian's. That's about all I really like.

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

But doesn't sprite lower your sperm count?
    I remember hearing that myth before...

Anyways, how about sparkling water instead?

18. equitypetey

sparkling water would work but it won't make it any nicer

the best way to get a taste for wine is stat on sweet whites then move up to medium white then dry. once you like dry then try red

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Like spicy food? Try the mild then medium then hot then vindaloo?

20. equitypetey

a bit yeah and actually i like white wine with curry