1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Most over rated movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cjdogger, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Titanic.. it made a lot of girls lose their interest with their boyfriends & the love story angle didn't interest me.

Transformers 1 & 2... Bah! the 80's cartoon movie was way better by 10,000,000,000,000.... infinte levels :p

Cat in the Hat... Though the Grinch movie was good it doesn't mean every Dr. Seuss creation should be made into a live action movie :p The movie's all pastel feel made it like an Acid trip.

Chickenrun... Animal rights hippies' propaganda movie absolutely stupid movie of all time.

Super Mario Bros. movie... utterly bad movie.

2. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

i liked the super mario movie when i was a kid :)

3. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Transformers 1&2&any other sequel, The Matrix, the last three Star Wars (Eps. I, II, and III), Twilight.
    LotR and Superbad were very good. Harry Potter was decent. Wall-E was deep, if you get past the no-speech thing. Borat was also quite good, although got TOO vulgar.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned it; the "stabbing people" joke ended being funny.

4. musiclegend14

I didn't like III at all, it was too mushy and just didn't really feel like star wars to me, Eps. I was my favorite "new" star wars because of Liam Neeson and Darth Mall ;D

5. SythonX

SythonX New Member

High School Musical (its just utter crap, fakeness, yes I know its that bad that I used a non existent work)

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

That movie isn't over rated. It's just bad.

7. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

Star Wars?

It is an awesome franchise!

My opinion...

8. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

i wounldn't say any of these were over rated. some of them werent even given high ratings. except for star wars new hope. saw this show that was naming the best movies of all time and number 1 was star wars...wtf?
    but these movies are pretty good if you don't have much to do. maybe watch it once or twice.
    and transformers? loved that movie. one of the best action flicks i ever saw.
    most over rated movie i saw was death trance. suposed to be one of japans great action movies. all i saw was a samurai whacking people with a stick for 80 mins (not a sword a stick), a coffen being dragged for ten mins. 5 mins talking and 3 mins of a little girl switch a glass of milk for achol then eating a massive chicken (about three times it normal size

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Chill the fuck out. Oh no... I critisised Disney movies... whats wrong with me... etc... etc...

You are aware that people are allowed opinions that are different from yours... and saying a movie is overrated doesnt mean it's a poor movie... just that it's not as good as people say it is...

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

And you need to read our rules regarding the use of 'u', since we don't allow it here.

11. musiclegend14

i just watch american psycho and a lot of people were raving about it. I didn't like it at all.

completely over rated...too predictable (for what i saw at least, i turned it off)

12. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

Borat it isn't even funny i watched it once and i was really only annoyed.
    I think Harry potter and lord of the rings were great movies of course they got too much attention because it were also popular books but if you compare it too twilight or highscoolmusical they got the attention they diserfed

13. musiclegend14

i agree with borat...but it seems like a lot of people on this forum really like that movie...

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I found the continuity terrible in the harry potter films; it was clear they'd made virtually no effort with it.

15. musiclegend14

the first 2 were good, then they changed directors, the original dumbledore died, they changed the filming location of hogwarts...that's when they started to suck to me

16. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... I don't really get the meaning of overrated from the discussion. But if you mean movies that got more attention than they deserved. I would say twilight and Hannah Montana. And the last two Harry Potter movies were really disappointing (but they still got a lot of attention).

17. musiclegend14

I'm just hoping the 2 movies covering the 7th book will be epic...so they can end the series with a good last impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a follow up movie to the 7th book anyways..to show their lives after hogwarts (if J.K. Rowling allows it)

18. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

Twilight, it's terrible. I'm like one of three girls in my entire school year who isn't obsessed with it haha.

19. musiclegend14

you're the first girl i've seen who doesn't like it

congrats

20. Girate

Girate Guest

Yer twilight. I hate it and i dont know how people love it. I also hate harry potter and deffinatly High skool musical. Maybe becasue i am a boy. lol