1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Modded Controllers.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by boxihead, Jun 13, 2012.

1. boxihead

boxihead Well-Known Member

Hello,

With my Birthday only a few months away, I am choosing what I would like. I have chosen an Action Replay, Kontrol Freak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGyOYCDd4I&list=PL9487A2816A899D90&index=2&feature=plpp_video), and a Modded Controller for the 360. I would like to customize it from the base up, like on Evil Controllers. However the mods seem to be based more towards Call of Duty and Gears of War, rather than Halo. While I have Modern Warfare 1 and 2, I prefer Halo There are other sites that do like this, but they don't offer as much customization options and are ridiculously priced. Is there a site, where I can customize it, it is reasonably priced, and the mods work for Halo, and possibly the Elder Scrolls? Thank you.
    Note: I know the Elder Scrolls is a bit silly, buy just asking anyway.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

speaking from experience, third party controllers are usually a seriously bad investment

3. boxihead

Why so?

4. Loonylion

they break easily, usually just out of warranty.

5. boxihead

Pressing the topic again, will using a modded controller get me 'banned'? Will they find that I've been using a modded controller and ban my account?

6. Loonylion

i'm not aware that its possible for them to tell.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I doubt it, they can detect modded consoles but not pads, at most an update will render the pad useless...

That said 3rd party pads are rubbish, loony said the reasons why already.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the only chance of getting caught is if you use rapid fire controllers or and controller that mods game code. but not with kontrol freaks. so you should be fine

9. Loonylion

controllers can't mod game code.