1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mobius Final Fantasy [Steam/iOS/Android]

Discussion in 'PC' started by NintyRaccoon, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Which era of "Final Fantasy" do you like the most?

1. The NES era (FF1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The GB era (FF Legends 1-3 AKA SaGa 1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The SNES era (FF4-6, FF Mystic Quest)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. The GBA era (remakes of FF1-2, 4-6 + FF Tactics Advance)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The PSX era (FF7-9 + FF Tactics + remakes of FF1-2, 4-6)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. The PS2 era (FF10-12)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The modern console/handheld era (FF Chrystal Chronicles, Dissidia, Bravely Default, FF13-15 etc.)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. None of them - I just play on my phone/tablet (FF Dimensions, FF All The Bravest, Mobius FF etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. None of them - I just play on my computer (FF7-8, 11, 13-14; Mobius FF)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Not interested in Final Fantasy at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

2. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Oh no, no. Don't get me wrong. I think we need more people discussing in this thread no matter if we get side-tracked sometimes. I had the "Game Download Restricted"-thread in mind when I wrote the reply; I remember a user telling me that I was off-topic when I in fact had a relevant post.

Since you're one of the staff, I wanted your permission to get side-tracked in the thread.

Anyway, that game looks nice. And like you, I haven't touched the game engines for a very long time. :p

Square Enix should consider releasing all of the their FF-games on NS, including FFXIV. Now that Ninty is also focusing on the mobile market, I actually think it would be nice if Square Enix releases MFF on NS as well. Why MFF is so successful at the moment is because everyone, regardless of platform, can jump in and play with each other (like @Dark Infernape and I did yesterday) or continue the main story anytime.

3. NintyRaccoon

Nice! <3

Now that's too much. But at the same time you get 10 battles, so...

Dark Infernape likes this.
  4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

we need to do that again :D i should be way stronger next time, raised my level cap to over 200 this time! Gettin that last masamune upgrade now

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You don't need my permission or the admin to derail your own topics. I often derail mine out of habit. :p
    I haven't use the game engines because I lack the skills, still trying to learn. A bit off topic, I just found Adobe Animate CC (previously known as Adobe Flash Pro) but with more features, and judging from the youtube video, it's useful for one of my online activity (making apng files). Which I've also downloaded the ebook for it, so am going to read it up.

Anyway, back on topic - FF; I have FF Tactics in my tablet, which I've only cleared first area. Haven't gone much further. :p

6. NintyRaccoon

Man, I need to remember the differences between our time zones. I looked for you on Steam yesterday, but remembered later that it was night (around 2-3 AM) at your place. And I missed you again today!

Btw, I made the stupid mistake of boosting the abilities for Earth Sword (Warrior ability). I should have gotten one of those Earth Summons from the MP and boost it instead. :(

I finally beat the first Mako reactor and got Masamune+, but I wasted too many Phoenix Downs because my Dragoon was too weak.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  7. NintyRaccoon

Nice! Thanks!

That's the same for me with Ren'py and TWINE. But I have another obstacle because I can't draw. So I've been trying to learn using DAZ3D as well. But so much to do and so little time...

You aim to create flash games, Prectorian?

The first area? You mean the tutorial mission where Ramza & Co are trying to protect the princess at a monastery? That's actually my favourite battle thanks to the music.

What do you think of the tablet version of FFT? I think poorly of the port, mostly because it hasn't a true "back/undo button" compared with console games. Because of that, there can be situations where I don't know what to do when I want to regret choices etc.

Prectorian, I get the impression that you only play mobile games since that's what the most of your threads have been about. You said you're waiting for this RPG to be released on Steam, but don't you play console games besides your online activities of creating apng files, and learning Adobe Animate CC?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  8. Prectorian

I myself isn't good at drawing, otherwise I'd have started making visual novels using some of those engines. The background shouldn't be an issue since I can use free pictures off the internet, but the characters would be another issue as they can't be from online source.

The tablet FFT for me is of acceptable quality, and easy enough to navigate. Then again, I've not played much further than that portion, simply because FFT can be lengthy when played on the go.

I don't just play mobile games, I do also play on my pc - using emulators, just barely. I've numerous 3DS games, PSP games, PS2 games, and Atelier Sophie PC. Also have PSP emu, NDS emu, GBA emu, GBC emu, and SMS emu in my tablet.

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Its ok dont worry about my time, dont worry if you see me offline on Steam. I usually set my steam visibility to offline. I was up at arou 2 - 3 am yesterday :p PM me anytime and i will respond if im on.

Also dont worry about that earth card, its good and should carry you through the whole quests.

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Pulled a Dragoon <3

Working on the 8th and final panel of the DK! The guys a beast! RNJesus has blessed me with a dragoon so thats two powerhouses on my team.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  11. NintyRaccoon

Yeah... Character art is the biggest obstacle. While it's possible to use character templates created by volunteers as long as you credit them, many templates are based on "real" sprites from commercial games, which could (in theory) create legal complications I'd reckon.

Even if we're allowed to use the templates freely, the characters we create aren't truly "our own". :(

Have you tried this character generator/maker?

For some reason the server hosting the file (link in the video's description) makes it impossible for me to download it. A user asked about it at the Ren'py forum, but no one replied.

Okay... o_O But how could you return to previous menus if a "true" backwards-button didn't exist (iOS-version)? In console/handheld RPG:s the players could at least do this by pressing the B-button.

Is Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book the sequel to the "other" Atelier Sophie game you have? Or have you finally bought The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book?

Sega Master System? I guess only the SEGA-developed games are great? I've tried playing the SMS-versions of Prince of Persia and Double Dragon - they are really bad.

Apart from emulation, have you played other games such as Command and Conquer, Diablo, Half-Life and the PC ports of FF7-10?

12. NintyRaccoon

Aha...! Alright, I'll send a PM the next time I'm online.

o_O ...But why do you set your visibility to offline? Don't you want your other friends to see, chat and play with you? I'm sure that there are many people who need MP-allies in MFF.

Okay. I've almost upgraded to its max ability (Lv 6 of 8), but the now 4-Star Earth Card is only "useful" when I deal with weaker enemies. It may be useful to lower bosses' brown break-stamina, but still deals little damage against bosses, even less against enlarged bosses. Why am I so weak? Do I need to at least reach panel 4 in order to become noticeably (= starting to become OP:d) stronger?

How do you earn lots of skill seeds quickly?

Hey, congrats! :D

Dark Infernape, have you bought and pulled some of the "Gacha" premium characters in FF All The Bravest? Or have you only played through the main "storyline"?

13. Prectorian

I'm unaware of that character generator, which I probably wouldn't use anyway, since it might not even fit my expectation. And yeah, if it's not ours, then there might be claims somewhere along the line. Which must be avoided especially when the target is making money.

I'm not familiar with iOS, never had one. Too expensive even though I can afford buying, and to inject with non-official app is as I was told more difficult than Android. Might be wrong, but the price is the bigger issue, and I see no reason buying it at my present state.

I don't think Atelier Sophie is a sequel to other Atelier series. If I understand correctly, each has its own story line, so no need to play the previous release before playing the newer ones. But yes, I do have it in my PC. I've Atelier series (those in English) from PS2, PSP, and NDS as well.

SMS is just for nostalgia, was my first system, had limited cartridge back then, so what I play on the emu now was what I used to play then. However Prince of Persia and Double Dragon aren't among them, so I've no idea. What I play? Just the common ones, Mario, Donkey Kong, Mappy, Elevator Action, etc. I always consider games of those days far more difficult than those available today. Maybe just because when you're dead, you're dead, no replay like games of today.

14. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I dunno i've always had my visibility set to invisible, i don't pub it unless im talking to someone.

I maxed the seeds of 4 - 5 cards of each element through fusion. Assigned one elemental set to one deck. Right now i have 6 decks unlocked, so i used each deck for each element, which gives that one specific elemtal seeds in larger quantity, and went through the last parts of the quest, and FF7 event, that gave me enough seeds for my DK.

I dunno i have done 5 to 6 pulls around the time i started, i might have atleast one from all. the bravest maybe. If i did though i havent started using any
    Ive played the main storyline, finished hunters island 1, doing the 2nd part,and doing the last part of mako reactor

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  15. NintyRaccoon

So what is your current solution to the character art issue? Or you're "putting it aside" for now?

Are you planning to create a commercial game eventually?

Yeah, Android units have at least a visible backwards-button.

Is "rooting" Android-units easy? I've been thinking of doing that to my phone for a long time. But at the moment the "closest" thing I've done is installing third party app stores.

Oh, so you've bought it now? What do you think of the game?

And the other games are "emulated" versions, right?

Just a fun question since you mentioned past games vs new games: If you compare the past 2D Metal Gear games (including Ghost Babel) and compare them with the popular modern 3D Solid-games, which one do you prefer? I personally prefer the 2D ones.

16. NintyRaccoon

Alright, I guess I'll just PM you and see what happens. We recently missed each other again. :(

Can you put a screenshot of your current decks? I wish to see which cards you use.

I usually use all of the cards which are available to my Job class (based on elements), but I primarily use the ones which are specific for my Job. For example, Mage cards for Mages, Warrior cards for Warriors etc.

The only exception is my SOLDIER-card which gives HP Regen. It's my most useful healing card regardless of class.

Btw, I've always wanted to ask you this: How do you create your gif animations? I mean like the ones (of your screenshots) you've uploaded to this thread?

I've played through the main storyline several times and I'm currently trying to get 100% for all the enemies and weapons in the main story.

What do you think of the premium DLC:s? Are they (at least some of them) worth to get? What do you think of the harsh criticisms given to ATB?

17. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

deck, notice health atk and break and crit stats of dark knight <3
    [​IMG]

Wedge = Healer + Drain + Haste all in one
    [​IMG]

Area wind attack with huge damage + Stun!
    [​IMG]

the insanely op water card, one of the few ones with over 1k attack stat! again area damage, main targer focused, deals more damage to selected target, this is the one im using to 1hi ko everything
    [​IMG]

collection, notice most of the are 3 stars and above, 90% of these are all pulled, very powerfull, i just havent had the need to use those yet
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  18. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/ I Use this, very lite and portable gif creator tool. It screen captures and converts to gif.

19. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

My favorite Nier Automata track i told you about earlier! If you check the channel you'll see some other tracks i like from other games i've uploaded :p

20. Prectorian

Yes, I'm putting it aside for the time being.

There're app to automate the rooting steps. But I can't use it on my phone as it's highly secured. Remember though, there's a risk of messing up, and when that happened, your solution would be to reset the phone to factory default.

Except for causing motion sickness? It's as expected from Atelier Series.

I've only played MGS PSX up to MGS PS2. Can't comment on Babel. Never played. My personal fav; snake eater.