1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mobius Final Fantasy [Steam/iOS/Android]

Discussion in 'PC' started by NintyRaccoon, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Which era of "Final Fantasy" do you like the most?

1. The NES era (FF1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The GB era (FF Legends 1-3 AKA SaGa 1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The SNES era (FF4-6, FF Mystic Quest)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. The GBA era (remakes of FF1-2, 4-6 + FF Tactics Advance)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The PSX era (FF7-9 + FF Tactics + remakes of FF1-2, 4-6)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. The PS2 era (FF10-12)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The modern console/handheld era (FF Chrystal Chronicles, Dissidia, Bravely Default, FF13-15 etc.)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. None of them - I just play on my phone/tablet (FF Dimensions, FF All The Bravest, Mobius FF etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. None of them - I just play on my computer (FF7-8, 11, 13-14; Mobius FF)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Not interested in Final Fantasy at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

In 2015, a new Final Fantasy-game was released for the Japanese smartphone market. Square Enix' aim was to make "a smartphone game equivalent to console games". That game was Mobius Final Fantasy, a graphically advanced free-to-play game connected to the story of the first Final Fantasy only through concept, theme and characters.

In 2016, the game was released to the rest of the World. And now since yesterday, February 6th, Mobius Final Fantasy is finally available on a Steam near you.

I've begun playing it and I like it so far (turnbased combat). It's quite simplistic though, so if you long for a "real" Final Fantasy-game where you can travel on a World map and explore in every nook and cranny, then unfortunately you'll be disappointed.

EDIT: I've made my best to include as many FF-games as the poll allows. But I'm sure that I haven't included every title.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I gave the mobile version a try last year, and played through the entire first chapter on the Japanese version on Steam last year too. I liked the game. But an International Steam release was confirmed by December 2016 so i stopped playin the jap version.

I'm playin it now, if you want to trade friend codes, 2066-70c2-22bf

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    NintyRaccoon likes this.
  3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

This track from the load sequence is hauntingly beautiful

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  4. NintyRaccoon

I'm still new to this. LOL

Dark Infernape, where can I find my own friend code? Because I think I should post it here as well. And how do I add yours? Are friend codes usable on all versions of MFF?

It is! It feels like folk music with some traces of the classic FF prelude.

Btw, since you've played the Japanese version, is Japanese your mother tongue?

Dark Infernape likes this.
  5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

You can see your ID and add other ID's from "Social" > "Find ID Search".

There is a multiplayer in this game but that is like the end game, not meant for new players, we need good gear, cards, end game jobs etc for that. And adding friend ID lets you "rent" your friends card more often, which gives us friend tickets!

No Japanese is not my native language, i was just impatient and wanted to play this on PC. :p

Also, do not forget to play the Final Fantasy 7 event, get Sephiroths Masamune. Its a beast! And finishing each mako reactor upgrades the weapon with +1 Star.

Yesterday i did my first job pull, got lucky and got a Dark Knight! <3

[​IMG]

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  6. NintyRaccoon

Thanks Raiden :p I've added you.

And to everyone else who also play Mobius Final Fantasy and need friends, here's my friend code: 20ed-9159-2066

But isn't it hard to play a game in a language which you don't master? Because I bet you would press on the wrong buttons often. I did that when I played those Japanese roms ages ago.

Just started it. I think I need to finish Chapter 2 first. I've read that it's necessary in order to beat the Shinra Soldiers easier. But I've got the Masamune. Thanks!

I think MFF did right to make a "crossover" with FF7 Remake with an actual story. I've played Final Fantasy Record Keeper before. While it's cute to see all of the characters from later games in FF6-styled sprites, I didn't fully enjoy the game since there wasn't a "real" story besides the tutorial mission with Tyro and Dr. Mog.

Congrats mate! I'm focusing on mastering my basic jobs first. I've unlocked the Warrior and Ranger jobs.

But how do I get more crystals in order to unlock more jobs besides completing the chapters?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  7. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Whats your ingame name? ill follow you back, i've started doing multiplayer, maybe we can play together.

Scratch that i found you :)

Yea it is hard, but i have played MFF last year on mobile for a bit, before i got the steam Japanese version, so i remembered what was where and what to press etc.

Yes finishing Chapter 2 should get you leveled high enough to make the event easier.

also listening to those ff7 soundtracks again <3 that feels!

Ok so what you should know is there are 2 types of Job lines, the 3 starter jobs are the "starter jobs" and a much weaker form of the "summoned jobs". You can upgrade the onion knight to a warrior, but the warrior will never be as strong as a "summoned warrior". So its best not to spend too many seeds or ANY crystals upgrading the starter jobs. Use summon tickets to pull 1 or 2 jobs, see if you like one of them, and stick with it, upgrade the summoned jobs.

Like i said above "summoned aka pulled jobs" have better stats than their starter counterparts, best t spend seeds and crystals leveling up the summoned jobs.

Coming to currency, as you probably already know Magicite is the currency that can be bought with real world cash or gotten through the distillers for free. You can buy stuff with magicite, including crystals, But what i reccomend is, save up Magicite, once it gets to 3k, buy the mobius gift box. It contains

[​IMG]

Note that you can only buy one box per month, so you get to save up more magicite by the time you area allowed to buy it next time.

this one bundle comes with all those items, making it the best way to spend magicite for f2p players.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    NintyRaccoon likes this.
  8. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

sorry for the huge wall of post :eek:

9. NintyRaccoon

Hey, not a problem at all. :)

It's quite brilliant that you could remember where to press. I always pressed on the wrong buttons in the Japanese games. LOL

Look forward to play with you. But didn't you say that Multiplayer was more for stronger players? I just got started.

That's what I felt at the beginning of FF Record Keeper. Letting Tyro (the game's protagonist) fight at the 1st Mako Reactor in the tutorial mission was brilliant. I actually thought Tyro would interact with the heroes and heroines of the past FF-games.

But the excitement turned into boredom when I found out that you actually don't play different episodes of the past games in their original chronological order. And there wasn't a true ending when you have beaten all of the "basic" episodes. Instead the rest of the episodes appeared as limited events. Eventually I realised that FFRK was only about collecting characters (drawn in FF6-styled sprites) and weapons from past games while listening to the classic tunes with no real story at all. And the worst of all: FFRK can only be played online so when Square Enix pulls the plug, all of your progress is deleted. So in the end I stopped playing it.

While MFF also is an online game, there's at least a story and the "AAA console game experience" is enough to keep me playing. And Wol in MFF interacts with Lightning and Cloud in the events!

Then it's a good thing I started this thread! :eek:

Because if you haven't told me about the Mobius gift box, I wouldn't know anything about it at all. And I wouldn't dare to "buy" it. Now I know what to do with the Magicite. Thanks again Raiden! :cool:

Dark Infernape likes this.
  10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yea i did say that :p But in my case, as luck would have it, i pulled a Dark Knight job and 3 powerful Max Leveled cards with that one summon ticket, on Day 2.
    When i say powerful, i really mean it. The small marked box, lets me break the 9999 damage in one hit. Imma upgrade this bad boy even further later.

[​IMG]

I jumped straight to multiplayer wantin to test my luck again, joined parties with higher lvled players that carried me, and i was lvled high enough to stay alive through the whole thing.

Jump to day 3 i upgraded the Masamune to 3 stars, upgraded my job upto 3 skill trees, brought my best build, been icing Ifrits and Torching Shivas since :DThe highest bit of damage i've done in one hit on multiplayer was 36K! But i've seen people do over 100k, theirs character lvl was like over 200.

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  11. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

You should be able to hold your own by the time you finish Chapter II and III. I recommend you try your luck and do a job pull or two with the summon tickets, you can always get free tickets back through the Box or events and login bonus.

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

There i bought my first box today and gotta say i'm pleased
    [​IMG]

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  13. NintyRaccoon

I have several Job Summon tickets. Then I guess I'll just go and start hunting for a Dark Knight card. I got Scholar yesterday... I didn't feel that the Scholar is stronger than an Apprentice Mage or a Mage. :/

Dark Infernape, I discovered that I got two different outfits for Echo: Choco- and China-outfits. From what I've read the China-outfit could only be obtained during the Lunar New Year, and that was a while ago. A couple of friends and I just started playing a few days ago and according to them they didn't get the China-outfit.

Do you have it?

14. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yea i've got that one too, the echo skins are purely cosmetics though, except one "In the description of the Chi.nese New Year's Campaign the "China Echo" is said to have an extra chance of unlocking Extra Skills."

An Aerith Echo skin is comin soon within the Mako reactor 3 reward.

Right now as far as i've heard the best melee classes are Dragoon and Soldier 1st class, so you should be makin sacrificin to rnjesus for those jobs. I'm hopin to pull one of those two myself, i'd say dark knight dragoon and soldier are the top tier melee attacker jobs

15. NintyRaccoon

Aha... So the China Echo-skin is only "useful" during the Chinese New Year campaign. I thought her extra skills unlocking abilities were permanent. :/

Mako reactor 3 to get the Aerith skin? I haven't even gotten halfway through Mako reactor 1! :p

So like the past FF-games Melee classes are better than Mage classes, except when dealing with magical enemies immune to melee attacks, right? I got the Assassin Job yesterday. While the Assassin looks quick, his attacks aren't great at all - the job doesn't increase the number of attacks and the attack damage is low... I might as well continue with my starter Onion Knight armed with the Masamune instead. Or even the Ranger who has higher HP than my Assassin.

By the way, I made a mistake yesterday when I made a Job Summon. The summon wasted all of my Magicite, so now I have to "restart" from the beginning in order to buy a Mobius Gift Box.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  16. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yea i think the skin goes poof soon too.

Mako 3 for Aerith and 4 for the last Masamune upgrade :p i've yet to start 3, but they say theres a huge difficulty jump between 2 and 3.

Yes The Soldier Classes are Tankier with More health Defence and Attack, the Mage Classes are Glass Cannons, requiring the perfect cards to pull it off, they too have high attack but are very fragile. The rangier job line has multiple hits and VERY high Critical Chances etc.

I've always preferred the melee sword using classess in all the games i've played so i stick with the knight job line.

[​IMG]

If it were me i would still stick with the Assassin as later on by the time you unlock his panel 3 he should start gettin really strong, stronger than your onion knight even, and His job will later evolve into a "Slayer" at panel 4 and finally to a "Reaper" at panel 8.

You could use Onion Knight AND Assassin in two decks and use them both in battles, but i wouldn't recommend spendin seeds on the Onion Knight past his panel 3 ;)

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  17. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Ranger lines not able to use the Masamune sucks though,my blade is at 3 Starts and it feels GOD like already, waitin for the 4star upgrade

18. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

What sucks though is the increasing cost of Stamina required per node. Right now i'm finishing up Chapter 3 Part 2 and Each node requires about 20 - 30 points each.

[​IMG]

My account level is 25 and Stamina Bar at 55. I've been playIn so far without using ANY Phoenix downs or ElixirS , relying on the level up to replenish the stamina bar.

The point requirements are soo high right now that doin 2 battles drains the whole bar -_- And i still have chapter 4 to go through.

19. NintyRaccoon

Not a problem for anyone I know. They're just sad and jealous because I have the China Echo-skin while they don't, and no one (including me) has played the game in January. :p

That's what I thought too. But "multiple hits"? They don't feel like anything. If I have to choose - let's say - between 100 attack points per hit (Melee) and 60 attack points per hit (Ranger), I would choose the former. And I can't see that the Ranger has "multiple hits" - both my Onion Knight and my Assassin score 3 hits per turn, and you can guess which one will get the highest total attack points.

Very high Critical Chances? I personally don't feel like relying on those attacks as long as the basic attacks are quite useless.

So I'm like you, I prefer melee classes with the exception of the superhero MMORPG Champions Online. In that game the f2p melee classes are quite useless even if you're a tank character. Instead your superhero(ine) should use far range weapons/magic and the ability to fly as a travel power.

In that case I'll upgrade the Assassin while I'm waiting for more free Job Summons. Thanks Raiden! :cool:

Yep, that's one of my biggest problems with the Ranger Jobs. :(

But will the Onion Knight get stronger if I upgrade to Panel 3, or are Panel 2-3 reserved for Starter Warrior (Panel 2) and Starter Knight (Panel 3) only? In that case I'll just focus on the Assassin for now.

I guess it works like the other mobile games. :( The farther you get, the more stamina you'll consume. I guess many players will be fed up with the game because of this mechanic. But I'm used to f2p RPG mobile games so I can't complain.

It's a free AAA smartphone Final Fantasy-game with console graphics and cinematic-like cutscenes after all.

20. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Ranger job lines deal additional hit, they do lower damage per hit that the knight class yea, but i think they used the rangers higher critical hit chances per hit to balance them with the heavy hitting knights. Well all this is from readin reddit and the wiki ofcourse, i dont give a damn about the ranger class, Knights are bae <3 Dragoons, Dark Knights, Paladins are the way to go! :cool:

Later, and when i say later i mean MUCH later, around the end of chapter 3 you get the ability to switch jobs and decks mid-battle, having that Assassin will help you out if you keep it strong. You could swap two of your favorite jobs mid battle, bring additional elements to a battle.

I really dont know how good the starter jobs do when leveled up, or how much of a boost their panels provide,i jumped ship the second i got the dark knight and havent looked back since.

The job upgrades at panels 3 etc are more like upgrades to your current jobs, giving increased stats, rather than separate jobs.

In your case with the Onion Knight, you upgrade to Warrior (Panel 1), Knight (Panel 2), Dark Knight (Panel 3), Samurai (Panel 5), Dragoon (Panel 6). But thats it, you go through the base form of these jobs.

But for a pulled job like mine, i start at Dark Knight, evolve it to Dark Lord (Panel 4) and finally to a Dark Emperor (Panel 8).

And equipping the job alone gives additional high % buffs, 150% additional health and 130% additional attack, damn i cant wait! and this is not including the buffs fro the panels itself.
    [​IMG]

Starter jobs lack this feature, to "specialize " a certain job.

Maybe you can find what you are lookin for here : http://mobius.gamepedia.com/Category:Job_Cards OR https://mobff.net/mobius-ff-job-cards/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    NintyRaccoon likes this.