1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Mobile] Pokemon Go for Android and iOS NEWS

Discussion in 'General News' started by Prectorian, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I found a sweet spot at my coffee shop, when seating on the stoop at the back of the room - partly covered by thick concrete ceiling, where leaning forward or backward will cause the avatar to drift hundreds of meters in random directions. Just so happens the direction it mostly drifted to has a PokeStop, thus not only do I get to visit the PokeStop some 300m away, the avatar's erratic movement means accumulating distance without moving my butt; how convenient!!! No one can say I cheat, blame it on the GPS for failing to pinpoint my exact location just because of being under a concrete ceiling. :p

Oh! I finally found a Ditto. YAY!!! In my case, it was disguised as a Pidgey. And I found it while waiting in a basement parking lot. Oh... yeah... the GPS went berserk as it was unable to pinpoint my exact location, thanks to the thick walls. Just the way I like it. :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

:p Damn man you got a Ditto before i could. Lol and congrats on finding the Bermuda triangle at your coffee shop XD NOw you can go back to being lazy again

wish ditto would not transform into the common fodder like ratata pidgey etc, who catches them anymore, Gitgud Ditto, turn into a Dragonite dammit...

3. Prectorian

It maybe disguising itself as a common pokemon, because of that, it still doesn't make it easy to find. You won't see it on the bottom right 'nearby pokemon' as Ditto, but as a common pokemon. Only after caught it will be revealed. If it was to disguise as a rare pokemon, imagine how even more rare it will be to catch. I spent hundreds of normal & great balls catching Ratatas and Pidgeys, hoping one of it is Ditto. Finally caught it, sadly the CP was low, but still thankful for catching it nonetheless. But don't worry, when Ditto is use at the gym, it will mimic its opponent, but strength limited to its own CP stats.

4. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Pokemon Go is now live in KOREA!!! Enjoy play this games! :)

5. Prectorian

There's rumors about more pokemons for this app. Specifically legendary pokemons.

6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Caught my first Ditto today, was disguised as a pidgey, which i'm surprised i decided to catch, i don't catch the common fodder no more, but i did because there was nothing else on the map at the time and i wanted to throw some balls coz why not.

The Ditto has all good ivs and perfect HP ivs. So yay me i guess. I've yet to check how dittos work in gyms. I've just reached Lvl 17 and the xp gain and lvl up has come to a crawl and i'm guessing it gets worse with each lvl. If only higher CP pokemon caught in the wild gives slightly more XP and Candy.

7. Prectorian

Good for you. I never check my pokemon's IVs. Don't think I'll visit the gym again anytime soon. Probably when I reach lvl.23 or so, then I will. As of last night , I've reached lvl.20 and have caught my 2nd Ditto, was disguised as a Ratata. Caught at same location. :)

Also:

8. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Oh thank god, this was starting to get really annoyin, insane load times recently

Sweet spot at the coffee place?

9. Prectorian

Nope. The basement parking lot at a shopping center near my home.

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Be En garde n alert down there man, don't get mugged ;)

11. Prectorian

Yeah, I avoid playing in 'inappropriate' locations. However no worries, when I'm out on the streets, I'd be playing from behind the wheels with windows shut & doors locked. :)

Dark Infernape likes this.
  12. Prectorian

13. Prectorian

So the rumor was not true. :(

Here's the real one for Valentine 2017:

14. Prectorian

15. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

will pvp be limited to battle person right next to you? i hope its not, but im sure its gonna be, i do hope theres an "add friend code" and battle friends feature for pvp

16. Prectorian

No idea. But if we assume it'll copy the idea from Pokemon Duel, then there should be a friend ID or a way to meet up with strangers and friends, or at least with anyone within close proximity.

17. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

18. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Also i just noticed, the video was uploaded to Pokemon Gos official Youtube account, and it got copyright striked by Pokemon?! WTF XD That is messed up

upload_2017-2-15_18-3-15.png

19. Prectorian

Ugh, which one? Your above video can be run just fine, if that's the one you're referring to.

Anyway, thanks for the update. :)

Here's the quote:

20. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Looks like they fixed it now, the video by Pokemon was copyright striked by Pokemon at the time i posted here. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.