1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mis-conceptions towards others:Discussed, clarified & put to rest

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 23, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

How about that rumor in Zambales? where some people abduct you, then they get some vital organs, then leave your body, along with the money to pay for the funeral?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well how about the Rumors that never cease (these started way back in the 80's when I was still a kid), about this group of Satanists or Pagans who abduct children to eat their flesh?

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I've never actually heard of those..

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

to my knowledge they are just rumours.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Rumors can be true you know.

6. Loonylion

yes, however I'm pagan and I can tell you for definite the branch of paganism I follow does not. I can't really say about other branches, but I've not heard of it from any pagan, so they are rumours until proven otherwise.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I think this is an isolated case, as loony said, there are other branches of Paganism, or rather there are other religions, is it a religion though or cults that have been branded as Paganism all over the world. For Example, Voodoo is considered Pagan, here in our country are also other belief systems that kinda lean on the "dark path" to borrow a term, like the Filipino Shamanists, & witches, but the witches here follow the traditions of Voodoo rather than from Wicca

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Wait, i'm confused... Pagan=all religions except for judaism, islam, and christianity? the Wikipedia definition is annoying..

9. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I think pagans are the ones who worship many gods

10. Loonylion

partly correct, pagan is an umbrella term, much like christian. within christianity you get the protestants, the catholics, methodists, seventh-day adventists, jehova's witnesses, united reformists, baptists etc. Similarly, within paganism you get wiccans, shamans, druids, satanists, and literally hundreds of other paths.

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Oh, now that's a misconception there... i guess..well for me it was...

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

To some extent, Animism, the belief in Elemental spirits (Shintoism falls under this) falls under Paganism as well

13. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

lol never heard about this, though its funny in a way... wickerman much? besides wouldn't that village get eradicated or something if they get caught especially if they lure people from the metro :|

proven false, this is a variation of liver harvesters where they drug you cut you open and get your kidney or liver then leave you in a tub full of ice.

The rumor going around that a person with aids brings a needle to a movie house then stabs you with the infected needle is also false :D a lot of bullshit going around thanks to text messaging, emails and IMs

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The Aids injector rumor is true,

My friend's sister who loves to go to Cinemas was one of the casualties of this rumor!! :p

About the village of Cannibals, it's located at a very remote area, the authorities know what's happening but can't do a thing, for fear of being eaten themselves, you could actually call that place a real "Silent Hill", and it's not funny...

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

are you sure she wan't using that as an excuse :p

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

No she didn't, she was an outstanding student, straight A's & all.

This happened almost four years now, she was on her last year of HRM education, as a movie buff, she would watch movies at the Cinema every Saturday, after her last class.

On this particular Saturday, she was alone, none of her friends, classmates & even her boyfriend was available to accompany her. So there she was, enjoying a movie, when this jerk suddenly burst out in maniacal laughter, shook her hand & said "welcome to the world of AIDS", then she noticed the guy was holding a syringe...

It ruined her, my friend's family had to take her to the province, to hide her for fear of being persecuted, & to think, she dreamt of working overseas & send money to her relatives, only to be shattered by some jerk who had nothing better to do :<

17. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

oh Its gotta be hard for her

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well last I heard she was living like a fish in a fishbowl, you've got to be careful & avoid any sickness as the AIDS virus magnifies something like a light fever into something life threatening. :(

19. Loonylion

it destroys your immune system so you cannot fight off illnesses yourself. even a common cold can kill you if you have AIDS.

20. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

Oh, my God, that's horrible... who in their right mind - okay, bad choice of words. But all joking aside, that's absolutely horrific.

Though, I must say, I didn't know anything about Paganism, so it's kind of cool to know that it has a number of different paths or sects that people follow.

As for actually contributing to this topic, I only have one thing that hasn't been answered prior; in Japan, do they really have vending machines with used girl's panties? I'm seriously doubting this one, but it's been a running joke amongst some friends for a time and I'd like to know...