1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Microsoft Haters

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by BinaryGod, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BinaryGod

BinaryGod New Member

I will never understand why people put a $ for the S in the name Microsoft. It's kind of ridiculous that it's in the name in these forums... If you're going to put it in the name Microsoft, you might as well put it in other company names too! $ony for example. I would love for someone to tell me what company in the gaming industry or any industry for that matter isn't out to get money. That's the point of business! No customers = no business! People just need to move on from that. I'm pretty sure we are pretty far past the point of worrying about Microsoft trying to take over the computer world and/or video gaming world. Maybe consider growing up?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

microsoft has far too much money. Gates is about the 3rd richest man in the world. They are one of the few companies that persue profits to the detriment of the industry, and additionally most of their software is stolen. It's not even good software in most cases.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Pursure profits, yes, detriment to the industry? wat.

Explain yourself. For someone who just locked a topic for flamebaiting they sure didn't explain themselves so their post didn't look like flame baiting. :\

They maybe one of the richest companies but they won't be giving away anything for free, they're like any other company, out for money, it doesn't matter how much money they already have, they want more. Any company wants more. It's called greed and every large coporation is greedy, even if they listen to their customers, they're in it for the money.

4. Loonylion

their business practices do not promote healthy competition between businesses, they go out of their way to drive competitors out of business by underhand tactics, rather than simply making a better product than their competitors. In a lot of cases their product is the inferior one on the market.

5. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Go and watch the Movie "Startup", Binarygod. Since it`s based on several Interviews Ex-Microsoft Members gave: Tell me...do you like Microsoft?
    Post Merge: [time]1258495772[/time]
    (Okay, the Killing may be just Fiction in this Film XD - I`m not talking about this kind of Information that come through. That`s (hopefully) just the Hollywood-Addon for "Startup" ;))

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Welcome to corporate America. Thing is, it's only so noticeable in this case due to Microsoft's long-term monopoly on the industry. McDonald's is a case in point; they bought out a rather well known meat pie franchise here about ten years ago, sold the sites and have withheld the rights from anyone interested in paying for them to re-establish the company, saying that they may have plan to use the pies in their McCafes. I also recall several cases of corporate espionage cited in the automotive industry (for example) involving stolen plans and similar underhanded tactics. The one that springs to mind is something to do with the Vectra's plans being stolen.

Most of Microsoft's recent business moves have not been to further the advance of technology; rather, they're attempting to maintain their monopoly using tried and tested corporate methods. Once again, I'll draw the parallel with the automotive companies and leave it at that.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Simply put, everything is business.

They want money to run/keep ritch, not to help other's or even bother trying to improve the industry!

If they tried something new and ground breaking, it might hurt their sales-nintendo took a big risk using wii controls...

Mirco$oft has played it safe-and I would too if I were in charge of it :)

8. jw03

jw03 Active Member

the fact of so much $ and so much hardware failure is a joke (or not). i read that for a good long time that 80% of the systems coming directly off the line at the factory were faulty and not operatable. so whats the % rate for how many systems that were reported to have the rrod once they "passed" the quality inspections and were sold on shelves!?.. the real number is probably even higher than 80%. instead of trying to beat everybody at the game ind. they need to have good hardware-at least a good design! hopefully the jasper model helps-i'm not putting my $ on it... i'll switch god of war and metal gear solid for halo and fable anyday, especially today!

9. JynxJester

JynxJester Well-Known Member

I think the more logical awnser for this thread is:

"It was for people with a sense of humor".

10. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

I have an Xbox 360 and I have no hatred towards Microsoft but I will be honest with you all; the first time I saw Micro$oft, I LOL'd.

11. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Gates IS the richest man in the world lol!

12. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

it is rather confusing, i mean yes microsoft is an extremely profitable company, and yes some of it was stolen technology, but most haters struglle to realise that without microsoft the really wouldn't be computers and the thing that is most annoying is that all the people who are hating, most of them are hating while using microsoft software E.G. vista, 7, XP

13. Loonylion

That is not true at all.

There is little to no choice for the average user as things stand.

14. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

well why don't people get a mac if they hate microsoft so much?

15. Loonylion

because macs are expensive and pretty much useless.

16. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

excaxtly, why not diss macs instead of microsoft

17. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

SONY FTW!!!!!

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Because apparently Microsoft does competitive business.

Smart reply.

19. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

good point....

20. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Sony is too good, using the money for research.. :)

I guess it was just written as Micro$oft for people with a sense of humor, just to say that they've got the G's.