1. This forum is in read-only mode.

microsoft has never made a handheld

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kanwarrulz_123, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft have never made hardware in the company's history. They outsource it. Also not everyone will agree with you that it is the best, if it was properly designed and built it wouldn't have half the problems in the first place.

2. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

XBOX360 was out like 5 months befor the wii, and the wii already almost passed the 360 in the first week

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I think there will be a 360 handheld much like the PSP except it will be alot bigger and make annoying noises...
    It will be called probably the XBOX 180 or the XBOX Pocket

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Have you heard about those fake mockups of a Xbox Portable, looks like a Motorolla cellphone, but longer, DS style (fliptop style). (you know those Motorolas with the gay smooth silver keypad). That's not including the Apple portable console. On YouTube.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

You mean much like the Motorola Razor, Xbox like a mobile ..it can never be though.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It would be more like a white and green brick or cube with a thin skin you flip up...

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

good point, except PS3 owners don't have to spend a DIME for online support.
    Although the online play is shoddy on the PS3, at least I'm not paying for it.

However, the only reason why the xbox's online is so great is because every person that plays on the network has to dish out some money.
    so you don't really have to thank microsoft for the great support, you can thank yourself and everyone else who paid.

i imagine any xbox portable to have 10 extra unnecessary buttons, and dumb disc read error screens.
    why would they even bother to make a disc read error screen?
    and you just might have to pay to play online.

8. Kinder123

Kinder123 Member

i was wondering if microsoft was gonna make a handheld i think they should so they can blow the psp out of the water with better graphics and handling like maybe u could play halo on it or something just fun adult games not nudity but adult lol F*** kids :p ds sucks psp pwns all handhelds so MS needs to see if they can make one and make it work

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

And what evidence do you have that the ds sucks although it is the most popular handheld and psp pwns all handhelds when it was not really very popular after a year but the ds's sales were booming? It's just your opinion...

10. Kinder123

Kinder123 Member

welll i did have a ds and i did not like it when i got the psp it was way better but kids like the DS custheres morekids game psp is for older people

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

You like your PSP and you hate your DS, good for you, just don't start fanboying. I could just start fanboying this too, spamming "ZOMG DS IZ MUCH BETTER TEHN PSP ZOMG", but it would be my opinion, who would care?

[quote author=wikipedia.org]Despite the console's superior computing power and its multimedia capabilities, sales have consistently lagged behind its main competitor, the Nintendo DS[/quote]

[quote author=wikipedia.org]2008-06-30 - 77.54 million units sold worldwide.[/quote]

Shit, this world is childish.

If you want to discuss this matter, then https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,891.0.html. Have fun.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

As Jin said it is your opinion, still not evidence, there's more evidence the DS is liked more, but i'm not goining into fanboy ranting, ok?

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

And plus, you're not allowed to flame or "fanboy" posts.

14. Kinder123

Kinder123 Member

i am not really a fanboy i had a ds i did not like it i had a psp liked it. does not mean i am a fanboy

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes, but you posted a biased "fanboy" post

16. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

Last I read from IGN (two years ago), suffering from handheld (and iPod) envy, Microsoft was rumored to be developing a handheld called the "Argus". It was going to be all touch screen and "virtual buttons".

My opinion they shouldn't compete in the handheld market. They don't have to. Just look at all the gimmicky,unfun games out now for DS and PSP(all unfun).

If i'm not mistaken the old sidewinder peripherals were designed and manufactured in the U.S.

Only thing I see wrong with MS is that they use cheap chinese labor (I have the strangest feeling those white xbox casings are made of melamine, haha).And if only they put the X360s power supply(the cause of the red rings) outside of fthe console then they would not have problems(but it would just look ugly,read on about ps design). Software wise Vista is stupid. But until the Japanese come up with a better OS (console bios/interface) than MS Im sticking to MS. BTW Japanese OS worldwide? Never gonna happen.

And to all who say Microsoft bad design, has anyone seen the first ps2s? The shoebox look and gigantic adaptor(also a feature of ps3)? No red rings but Sony has read errors & software upgrade failures. Also the PS2 slim overheats. At least the X360 gives you a heads up of whats wrong with it("good" feature). Peripheral design-wise the contoller of the X360( I have one for PC/windows) is so much better than (all) the playstation's. The PS controllers,have not changed since dualshockand seem to be designed for tiny japanese hands. Also the whole "symetrical" design is just no good (all those complaining about too many FPSs or how console FPSs suck must be playing FPSs on ps controlers) for the way games are supposed to be played.

Nintendo? nothing wrong with them. Not hardcore enough? It's a games console for the family. It's fun(some of you may still know what fun is right?). If you want hardcore get a Gaming PC(HP Blackbird). No console will ever be "hardcore" in my opinion.

whoah...may have gone off topic for a while there.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I meant outsource to another company, not necessarily another country.

I have the original PS2 and the power adaptor is internal. Never had any read errors and the software is not upgradable. Never had either problem on my PS2 slim or my PS3 either.

Mine never has, not even after I'd left it turned on for a couple of weeks.
    I can't use the x360 controllers, they're way too uncomfortable and weird to hold. Never had any issues with the PSX or any of the nintendo controllers up to gamecube.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

They are bloody controllers, so what?
    Did you see the prototype PS3 controller, that would be uncomfortable! A boomerang, what were they thinking...

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

FPS on a console is like wanking with boxing gloves on, sure you can make the motions but it's wholly unsatisfying. If you really want an experience than removing the gloves and get a PC with a mouse and Urban Terror, freely available from urbanterror.net. Works on Linux as well! Just thought I'd put that out there. :)

20. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

Well then I'm one of those who got the sony early adopter screwover. The ps2 i got has this adaptor box rougly the size of an AVR everyone. And i know at least 8 people who got the ps2 on launch got the read disk/disk unalignment error, which sony refuses to repair. The ps2 slim in japan now always comes bundled with an external fan(unless you get the new colored ones,otaku bait). Issues with Gamecube controler? Play resistance, then play Metroid, then tell me which one is more difficut (ridiculous) to control/handle.

If you have a hard time holding/manipulating a controler wouldnt that ruin the gaming experience(read next quote also).
    The boomerang? Retarded. Japanese designers tend to design only for the japnese expecting that westerners would love their designs just because its japanese.

I know console FPSing is dumb. I just had to play Half life 2 when it came out.
    I only use a controler to play games on a PC if theyre ports from consoles. I play all those Capcom games on PC(DMC, lost planet, Biohazard 4,Onimusha 3). And since I also emulate using a controler on PC is more forgiving than using a keyboard.