1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Microsoft Gives Up on Vista

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by Patton, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

vista was never intended to be a major release, it was originally going to be a minor thing to tide them over until windows 7 was ready. However, much like the previous time they tried to do that (Windows ME) it became a full operating system because the new one was taking so long.

2. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

if i could get the compatability, i'd move to linux. an entire boycot on microsoft because of their gouging.

they charge for simple tech support, you have to call your manufacturer to get help because they're normally free. either that or forums "google search"

thats bullshit for this price, mr.helicoptor can't afford to offer some free help, never mind you the charge for xp service 3's disk. 2's was free now they charge S&H but do offer it as an iso to dl and burn.

anyway, no one puts stuff on my pc without my permission, check up on old problems with sony's copyright protected cd's, starforce, windows' index.dat files and other things. ;) you'll enjoy the hours of reading. the lawsuit with sony, spore's protection problems "trouble installing the game when bought and cracked before US release" i'm mad now. bad enough verizon sneaks firmware updates into my router, last one actually left me "and countless others" with a semi functional router. i can't add word filters and need to buy a program to.