1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Michael Jackson passes away

Discussion in 'General News' started by dedboy, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yep, and the correct spelling is neutral or natural, nutural is not a word :DDD

So basically the media had been saying MJ looked well before his death but one report (i'll post if I can find it) says he was taking medicine

2. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Mr Jackson will now become an immortal musical icon, like it or not. A sad day for his friends, family and fans. We will probably never know if any of the allegations made against him have any substance nor will we ever get to know the man who remained an enigma throught his adult career. This man had much unfinished business, but regardless of the scandals and whether or not you enjoyed his music he was certainly a unique character within pop.
    Post Merge: [time]1246037098[/time]
    He was a Demerol and Morphine addict, a police investigation has been launched to find a doctor who is believed to have given him an injection of Demerol before he died.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Yes, his battle with Morphine was well known, as he suffered from severe pain from the surgeries he had to 'alter' his very appearance. Painkillers over time can cause irreversible damage to the liver, heart and various other body parts. Demerol is about as weak as aspirin, but morphine is the granddaddy of painkillers, and I do wonder about toxicology reports that will be out in a few weeks.

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Demerol is the brand name for Meperidine/ Pethidine, a synthetic form of morphine used to treat moderate to severe pain. Not at all like aspirin. Mr Jackson is thought to have first used Demerol after getting a nasty burn on the set of a Pepsi commercial.

5. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

i didn't like his music

but rest in peace.

6. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace ... I'll think there will be a sold out to any stuff that related to him.

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Morphine is stronger than Meperidine, as Demerol shots are given more frequently than Morphine shots are. Mr.Jackson told some British news reporters that he was taking Hydromorphone(Dilaudid) at some point to control the debilitating pain. Point is this; those powerful painkillers could have contributed to his heart failure over time. If he was sick at all, a dose of Morphine could have put him over the edge. But again, this is speculation and until the toxicology reports come out, and the homicide detectives finish their investigation, it can only be assumed it was heart failure as a result of stress and over exertion. I haven't even seen Janet on yet, anyone see her pop up at all, in all of this?

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Finally!

I was waiting for someone to bring up the "fake my own death to gain even more popularity" argument. This is why I wasn't remorseful of what I've been saying. C'mon folks the man (MJ) is a mad genius this surely would be something he can think of :p

@CJ: It's not hate, it's absolute indifference. I know you'd rejoice too if a certain element of British life died off as well right?

9. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

Actually he became addicted to pain killers after he was burned from the pepsi commercial. He then checked into the Betty Ford clinic after that. And as we all probably know addiction is a life long battle.

And demerol is a very powerful drug. They gave some of that stuff to my girl after her surgery about 2 weeks ago, and she went from being totally coherent to a bumbling fool. I have yet to have asprin to that to me lol.

10. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I wonder if anyone has broken the news to 'Bubbles' his pet chimp? MJ and his kids did continue to visit the chimp after Bubbles' failed suicide attempt. I imagine Bubbles will miss the visits.

Edit: An interesting take on Michael Jackson's legacy(no mention of Bubbles) has been published by the UK Guardian, perhaps a little long but worth a read. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/26/michael-jackson-black-superstar-icon

11. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Michael Jackson has left a legacy to our generation and the generations to come. Inspite of all the rumors and controversies surrounding his personal life, may he rest in peace.

12. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Yeah, we forgot about Bubbles. They are already moving his belongings out of his Bel-Air home, and I wonder how many people will sell their vinyl Thriller albums now on E-bay. I think everyone has weighed in on this topic and it is no longer breaking news, so I am asking Seph or Loony to lock this topic for me, as the world now knows of his passing.
    Be good to each other.

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

...So I don't count or something now?

That hurts man. A shot to the heart. :(

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.