1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Michael Jackson passes away

Discussion in 'General News' started by dedboy, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I guess one could say his heart couldn't "beat it" any more.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well I still stand by my hatred for the guy & yeah that's one of my nastier sides, when someone I absolutely abhor dies I bask in the moment, but ofcourse when someone I like dies I mourn deeply for them.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Here is my thoughts...

I never was a fan of ethier-hell I only knew Farrah Faucet because of one iconic poster that I once saw!

However-these 2 (once I knew all the details, good and bad..)

I have immense respect for, why both?

They have changed the world-one for beauty-one for the way we listen to music...

I ignore whatever short comings they may have, I forgive whatever sins they made (some of MJ's accusers admitted they did it for the money thanks to thier greedy parents, but who really knows?) and I forgive them for being of "another class" of human...

Farah died before true love was made a reality...

MJ died before he could resurrect his fallen career...

They died before age could-which is why it's sad-have respect for these fallen souls-they died in pain, they died in shame (if MJ's accusations are true) and they died before true happiness was achieved (not sure if it's right, but Farah didn't tie the knot with her love yet, and MJ just wanted to return to the glory days, AND TELL ME YOU WOULDN'T DO THE SAME!

May these 2 rest in peace, now they no longer feel the suffering of hidding from the media, the pressure of being a celebraty, the pain brought on by "anti fans" that want to ruin them...

The King of pop, and (for a lack of a better title-sorry :( ) one of the few golden girls...

Now they have new titles...

MJ has kept the crown, compared to today's generation...

Farah is no longer just "charlie's angel", but a more than real life angel...

May heaven open it's gates for them...

Ahmen...

Some of my friends on other sites were bagging the shit outta them, so I thought I do something meaningful for once...

Besides, for most of us, when we die, will we be remembered this way?

I don't know about the mods of this site (yep-all of them) but for us users...will we make such a high mark?

Have respect for them, and prehaps, other's who have fallen may have respect for you when you reach those gates...

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Sorry for the rudeness of my posts, if you guys see it that way.

But let me give you an analogy seeing things through my eyes.

Most of us here hate the current trend in music nowadays especially with those "rappers" that we have so bashed extremely on another thread.

Well it's kind of like that, but place the setting to the eighties....

How can I appreciate Micheal Jackson's music when I grew up loving:

Kenny Loggins
    Sting & the Police
    Hall & Oates
    Duran Duran
    Depeche Mode
    Spandau Ballet
    Fra Lippo Lippi...

Erm this list will grow extremely long, but the point is I grew up liking New Wave music so Micheal Jackson is so, yeesh :p

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with you on that one-anything pop is manufactured and thus I moved onto heavy metal...but now every thing is bloody automated!

BTW, that lost song on your visable list...sorry if this is dumb, but is it a fillo song-sounds weird to pronounce-and after looking at mum's collection...well yeah XD

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Which one Fra Lippo Lippi?

They're a Norwegian band.

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Heal The World,
    Make It A Better Place,
    For You And For Me,
    And The Entire Human Race,
    There Are People Dying,
    If You Care Enough,
    For The Living,
    Make A Better Place,
    For You And For Me.

i growth up with his song....

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I told you guys I was misantropic :p

By the way, I didn't hate Farrah Fawcett, if that's how it sounded to you, I like her I just copy pasted one of my posts from a douchey local forum here whose members are now hating me on this issue, screw them anyway they're mostly pre-teens there to understand anyway.

9. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU
    Epic.

RIP Michael Jackson.
    It's funny, when you start to respect things after you loose them.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I respect things I value & cherish even before I lose them.

As for things I abhor.... well you get the picture, right?

11. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

Yep.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

people say, be true to yourself & your convictions, but when those convictions of yours don't agree with the vast majority, they label you as a blasphemer or heretic, or a nut in the very least.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Cardiac arrest literally means 'stopped heart', it can have a multitude of causes, of which myocardial infarction can be one. Correctly or not, the terms are used interchangably in non-medical settings.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Understood-don't worry about it!

Unless you get kicked off the other place-I still think your good to go :)

And just letting you all know-respect life, for one day, death shall come, respect death, and it will find you sooner, and you will not find respite...

But of course-if you generally don't like someone-we can't really blame you for having your own valid opinion...

If you for some reason doubt your opinion-here's re-assurance your not bad...

My "death" guage

1.Lost a friend over an argument-will break down as if the end of the world happened

2.Peter Brock [aussie race car driver] dies-will be remembered and missed (and prehaps a monologue typed) but not much else-MJ and farah fall into here as well

3.Britney spears dies...YAY (throws party)

4.John howard dies [politician-australia]...not good enough jonney (brings out streak) time to make sure you STAY DOWN!

...as you can see, I would be dammed because of the way I think-if I have little to no attachment then poof-be dammed I be!

Back on subject-rip Mj and Farah...

But what caused the heart attack is what I'm concerned with...if it was a heart attack in the first place...

If his heart stopped, which of those "presciption" drugs could do so?

(Was watching news..for once...and his lawyer mentioned it as a possible cause)

15. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

R.I.P Michael. You will be missed by many. I did not grow up with you, as I'm 14. But your hits were amazing, Rest in Peace, King Of Pop.

16. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

Rest in peace.

17. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

He would have a hard time not getting noticed if he faked his death. Even with the masks everyone knew who he was. lol.

It's really a shame he died. My Mom grew up listening to him when she was a kid, and I grew up listening to his music when I was a kid too. He was a very talented musical genious to argue that is pure ignorance!

18. dedboy

dedboy Guest

CJ. Your misinterpreting what I said, if you choose to quote someone, do so, but at least do so with understanding. Once a person is no longer in this physical body we have, how can you judge them at all? If someone does something to your family, by all means they should be tried and judged. But that's not the case in this matter, MJ had a sorted past, and it's up to God to straighten that up now. Not us. This isn't a religious rant either, this is just a note on someone passing, please let us keep it that way.

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes, but is there such a need to hate somebody, especially when people are grieving over their death?
    Don't bring religion into it then

20. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Fair enough. I contradicted myself by bringing religion into it when I just wanted a neutral report on someone's death. So in that sense I am wrong. Thanks for correcting me CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.